PoE ignores captures and deletes your beasts! No warning given!

Peoples,

You need to read patch notes. It states that there are is only a certain amount of beasts that are able to be stored of each type. Capturing more overwrites the lowest level with the highest.

That's the whole point of those orb things, so you can store them.

Not that I know where to get said orbs, or what they cost... Or even if they are implemented, as I don't use the beastiary mechanic...

On a side note, what do I have to change in my loot filter so I stop seeing fucking nets? They annoy the crap out of me.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
Is this confirmed or just something seen on reddit? Not sure why I'm asking though because you know, if it's on reddit it has to be true. ;)

Love it :)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
essemoni wrote:

Peoples,

You need to read patch notes. It states that there are is only a certain amount of beasts that are able to be stored of each type. Capturing more overwrites the lowest level with the highest.

Not that I know where to get said orbs, or what they cost... Or even if they are implemented, as I don't use the beastiary mechanic...

On a side note, what do I have to change in my loot filter so I stop seeing fucking nets? They annoy the crap out of me.

Cheers,
Matt.

oh god...this league is so tedious...i hate it...so i need the right animals and i have to be careful not to have too many and if so i need that orb?....pfffff

sucks...
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 11, 2018, 9:50:46 PM
"
silverdash wrote:
there is a capture limit of only 30 per beast type. Any further beasts (if their rarity is not higher than the ones in your menagerie) get deleted. Yes deleted.

Didn't know.

I hate this league. And I am officially done. Fuck this. and to heck with GGG. I am done. I've had enough time flushed down the toilet thank you. Bye bye. You can keep your overpriced" supporter packs" and $30 cats. Fuck this shit.
I do not mind creatures getting deleted, but only if "new" ones and ones that can fill an empty crafting slot do not get deleted.

This would explain why I'm having a hard time capturing null portal monsters. Most of them say "new" but I always fail to capture them for some reason.

But honestly, it should have an extremely high limit.
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
essemoni wrote:

Peoples,

Cheers,
Matt.

oh god...this league is so tedious...i hate it...so i need the right animals and i have to be careful not to have too many and if so i need that orb?....pfffff

sucks...

Ah okay so only the highest level counts? So it can delete my legendary and portal captures with white captures (miss-click) of a higher level? Could someone tell me what patch notes this is in? Because unless I misunderstand, that would be an even more stupid mechanic.

Regardless, GGG could at least, at the very least have done the following:
- When capture-limit is reached, still count the newly captured creature for the "catch-them-all-challenge" and remove the *new* icon. Even if it get's insta-deleted.
- Have an overflow buffer of say 30 creatures (one pool for all types) and display a small warning that you are overflowing. Now the player has a buffer of 30 to make room in his/her Menagerie to allow the overflows to either enter the Menagerie (by making room by crafting/removing creatures) or to delete the overflow (/delete_overflow).

Yes the Bestiary orbs apparently are supposed to solve this issue (but only to some extend, still no warning for deletion of your beasts!). But why are they only planned to be added to the game after 1 week? I can easily hit the limit within a day. Let me guess, because GGG like to evaluate the balance of trading beasts?
Also these orbs aren't in the game yet afaik. In the meantime, I lost so many captures until I found this out... Apparently I was supposed to read some patch note. Not some logical ingame warning about it. I believe that feeling pissed about these mechanics is more than logical.
Last edited by silverdash on Mar 12, 2018, 3:49:49 AM
Thats interesting because i started new chara and all my old captures are counted. Only ones i wasnt manage to capture teh first time are marked as "new". Also Bestiary description is also from the first char.
"
This would explain why I'm having a hard time capturing null portal monsters. Most of them say "new" but I always fail to capture them for some reason.

nah you can't capture null monsters because they are bugged right now. Fightgarr and I also failed to capture a bunch of them. Different types of mobs, nets dont get thrown on them. Maybe they forgot to add them to the list of mobs we can throw nets on :/
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Mar 12, 2018, 5:58:51 AM
Null portals are bugged since the start of the league. But that is a whole different (and smaller) issue. This topic is about captures being cancelled out or the game deleting beasts in your Menagerie because you hit the limit for that type of beast w/o warning even though Einhar appears.

There's also an issue with the prophecy The Feral Lord V capture (I just had it). But not sure if intended or not. There are many bugs, I cannot tell if intended or not sometimes.

Gonna play another game for today. Tired of all the problems in this league. Bestiary feels like GGG hit some kind of deadline and quickly dropped some temporary functionality on unfinished work to push out this league quickly enough. Some mechanics/bugs cannot really be explained otherwise to me at this time.
Finally playing league after getting an Oni-Goroshi. If there's a 30 capture limit per beast (I know, stupid) then I should have a number on each beast in my book to tell me how many of that beast I have captured so I know when I'm at the 30 limit. Even better would be for GGG to include the total number of beasts captured right on the name line instead of the generic symbol that only tells me that it's not a new beast. We need to know how many of a beast we already have captured while playing to decide if we want to capture another one or not. Come on GGG, give us the numbers for beasts in our menagerie please.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info