PoE ignores captures and deletes your beasts! No warning given!

This is disappointing. I have been throwing nets left and right without a lot of planning. The whole beast crafting thing is kind of overwhelming and I figure if I just go along capturing beasts that I will have what I need when the time comes...

This means I am officially out of Beast league. I will still play just not do any of the pokemon stuff.

:(
"
webas wrote:
Whats the point for me going for pokemon league if I do 20-30maps a day and..

cant craft anything I like THAT day...
just getting nets over and over isnt enough..

capturing yellow beasts are okay but it doesnt lead to anything.

Im lvl88.

Only crafted about less than 5items in total. (all were crap)
Is this supppose to be this way? 5 items until lvl88 means the rng is not fault. Its the spawn rate on rare beasts. I mean red ones.

I dont even have "craft 4link item" for achievement recipe. Do we expected to level up 5 characters to lvl 88 for this one time only recipe?

Comparison:
Ive seen good amount of rare beasts
Ive seen okay amount of breaches.
Less amount of essences
Even less amount of abyss.
Much less alchemies.
Even much less amount of red beasts..

TL;DR - we are not allowed to captured red beasts based on the spawn rate. So suck it. You are not allowed to capture beasts. You wont see them. :(

Not sure what you're done im averaging almost one red beast per maps.
"
webas wrote:
I dont even have "craft 4link item" for achievement recipe. Do we expected to level up 5 characters to lvl 88 for this one time only recipe?

The "craft 4-link rare item" recipes in the leveling section work for the achievement. You unlock those by capturing some of the unique (i.e. guaranteed to be there) beasts in Chapters 1-10.
Last edited by Lokiator on Mar 14, 2018, 4:58:32 PM
Patch 3.2.1 will fix a lot of issues from this topic:

"
After capturing a Beast, if you only have room in your Menagerie for one more of that genus, then a message warns you that you're running out of space.
Thank god! Also hopefully orbing our creatures will allow us to capture lots of beasts. This should have been there since the start of this league imo but better now then never.

"
Bestiary Rares and Legendaries can no longer spawn in Oba's Cursed Trove. Nets are no longer usable in this Map.
Fixed a bug where Stairs to the next area would not always open correctly in the Oba's Cursed Trove unique map.
Again, thank god. I had both issues.

Even Tora was fixed but the null portal glitch apparently still remains. But this is a minor issue. As well as some other minor issues not present in that patch but the important ones seem to be in there!
give me back the league before! and I said everything .....

I hope that this havoc of PoE ends very soon .... it's horrible,
insipid mechanics, method of capturing the beasts, unwatchable;
obscene crafting system, limited choice of classes and builds all to capture two beasts? give me back the good old PoE

sorry, my eng

"
silverdash wrote:
Patch 3.2.1 will fix a lot of issues from this topic:

"
After capturing a Beast, if you only have room in your Menagerie for one more of that genus, then a message warns you that you're running out of space.
Thank god! Also hopefully orbing our creatures will allow us to capture lots of beasts. This should have been there since the start of this league imo but better now then never.

That's still not good enough. Ok, so you find out after you throw the net and capture that beast that you can bag 1 more and then you're at 30 limit. Then what? Next day you see that beast again and don't remember that you're at the limit until after you have thrown and wasted a net and time that you shouldn't have done that? It's still bad. We need to see via a physical number next to the beast's name how many of that genus we have in our menagerie before throwing a net and not after. You already are checking to see if this beast is new or not so you have already coded looking up that number so just go ahead and show us that number. You still aren't thinking this through properly GGG. Only the "number of that genus in our menagerie" next to its name (instead of the dumb worthless symbol) is going to make netting work. That and by god raise the bag limit please to at least 99 (I say go all the way to 255 if you're using an 8 bit unsigned integer or if you used a 16 bit unsigned int then even better because then we won't have to care and can capture everything we can find which is what it needs to be. Completely remove the damn 30 beast bag limit!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 15, 2018, 8:12:51 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
It's still bad.

I agree that the warning from 3.2.1 is still the bare minimum but I'm glad to soon have it. And there are other annoyances not mentioned in this topic. But I don't expect GGG to develop and test something proper within a weeks time anyway. But this league should imo have hit about a month later. It also means that at least GGG agrees that giving no warning at all and just deleting your beasts (understatement) 'is not the way to go'.

The solution will likely be to orb ALL of your beasts after the patch and then do this maybe once or twice a day from then on. Hopefully these orbs are very cheap (like 1 alt or 1 wisdom), otherwise the new patch will still still be meh.

They could probably increase the cap-limit per animal type but another reason could be that GGG wants you to use orbs instead of filling your Menagerie forever since orbs cost tab-space and thus it promotes buying more tabs or creating more alt accounts. Is it great? No. Is it acceptable? To me personally yes, but again, should have been implemented a week ago.

Maybe I'll play a bit more after patch.
I hear if you visit bill at the lighthouse then he will teach you how to use the pokemon box storage system he developed
I dont see any any key!
wow this really sux, ive been spending practically all my orbs buying all those f**king nets, normally i wouldnt care about them but starting from scratch ... its a struggle sometimes when u dont have what you need. (like transmutation orbs,sometimes its taken over 100 tries just to get a bubbling of staunching .. in a previous league, and i sure as hell didnt have any to spare this league.) but i figured it was worth it in the end to have all those captured monsters, till i saw this thread. half of me is glad that i saw this thread when i did so i wouldnt waste anymore time/effort/currency anymore, but the other half is pretty pissed that i wasted all the time/effort/currency i already did which was pretty substantial since im still starting out in this league and had nothing to spare.

i realize im just venting and probably not contributing to this thread so go ahead and start talking s**t. i just needed to say my piece.
Thank You. Your thread helped finding what was going on and how to get it solved.

Solution:
Captured, check-boxed at Bestiary Challenge after removing Monsters from the Bestiary through crafting
The monster limit at Bestiary prevented additional captures to get check-boxed.
No limit warning had been given ingame on any of them, probably due to the Bestiary already being filled to capacity before Patch 3.2.1.
Higher rarity monsters probably displacing lower.

[solved] Bestiary challenge listing missing captured Beast(s) 10+

Regards, Gray

(Bestiary SC Challenge / Craft Service: 1857948)(Standard SC Crafting: 1108414).
IGN: TinGray.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info