PoE ignores captures and deletes your beasts! No warning given!

/warning, I was a bit pissed when I wrote this.

Let's be honest, the only strong point of this league is capturing beasts. Mainly collecting. That is among others what makes Pokemon so addicting. Today I found out that there is a capture limit of only 30 per beast type. Any further beasts (if their rarity is not higher than the ones in your menagerie) get deleted. Yes deleted. Even if you have never captured them before and they will always display the *NEW* icon. 88 nets later.... Proof:

Spoiler

So okay then... I just found out that my last [insert some amount] captures or so got deleted. Nets wasted. The game does not inform us about it. The FAQ does not inform us about this limit either. I just found out the hard way.

This league overall is pretty imbalanced, buggy (I'm still running into very serious bugs like Oba's), lots of awful and (literally incorrect) descriptions, and the only part that should make it interesting is so severely (hidden) limited and in such a way that it simply deleted my captures that I'm literally out of words...

Am I just playing Standard? Am I overreacting? I just found this out and after Googling Reddit confirms it. I'm pretty dissapointed and pissed right now. I don't care much about the duping but the game deleting my stuff and not informing me about it and capping the only point of this league so hard...

Update:
"
Starxsword wrote:
Is this true? I would like to know too.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Wait is this really true? Because if so im fucking out. This league has been beyond ridiculous with its poor mechanics.
Yes it is true and proven. My original post in this topic (see screenshots) confirms it (the 2 screenshots, Infested Serpent is not captured after capturing it over 10x) and Reddit confirmed it and another poster here also claims it to be true. It could theoretically be a bug but that is very unlikely as the book itself also seems to show a limit of 30.

Short version: Do NOT throw nets randomly left and right! It may hurt you more than it does you good.
Last edited by silverdash on Mar 14, 2018, 12:44:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2018, 6:54:48 PM
Must have told you this on pop-up #743.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Haha yeah.

Well. I truly wanted to capture every single beast. I was under the impression this was possible. I don't care much about the crafting recipes. But not only is it not possible, it literally deletes them without warning. Would you play Pokemon if you could only capture say 10 Pokemon? I truly feel like leaving this league right now. What a massive slap in my face this discovery is.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Oh... you mean those things I disabled because they made playing extremely difficult?

Yeah, those things :(
I am quite frequently not so miserable as it would be wise to be - T.H. White

As playtime approaches infinity, access to content approaches unity.
- Azraeil (2014)
Whats the point for me going for pokemon league if I do 20-30maps a day and..

cant craft anything I like THAT day...
just getting nets over and over isnt enough..

capturing yellow beasts are okay but it doesnt lead to anything.

Im lvl88.

Only crafted about less than 5items in total. (all were crap)
Is this supppose to be this way? 5 items until lvl88 means the rng is not fault. Its the spawn rate on rare beasts. I mean red ones.

I dont even have "craft 4link item" for achievement recipe. Do we expected to level up 5 characters to lvl 88 for this one time only recipe?

Comparison:
Ive seen good amount of rare beasts
Ive seen okay amount of breaches.
Less amount of essences
Even less amount of abyss.
Much less alchemies.
Even much less amount of red beasts..

TL;DR - we are not allowed to captured red beasts based on the spawn rate. So suck it. You are not allowed to capture beasts. You wont see them. :(
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
"
webas wrote:
Whats the point for me going for pokemon league if I do 20-30maps a day and..

cant craft anything I like THAT day...
just getting nets over and over isnt enough..

capturing yellow beasts are okay but it doesnt lead to anything.

Im lvl88.

Only crafted about less than 5items in total. (all were crap)
Is this supppose to be this way? 5 items until lvl88 means the rng is not fault. Its the spawn rate on rare beasts. I mean red ones.

I dont even have "craft 4link item" for achievement recipe. Do we expected to level up 5 characters to lvl 88 for this one time only recipe?

Comparison:
Ive seen good amount of rare beasts
Ive seen okay amount of breaches.
Less amount of essences
Even less amount of abyss.
Much less alchemies.
Even much less amount of red beasts..

TL;DR - we are not allowed to captured red beasts based on the spawn rate. So suck it. You are not allowed to capture beasts. You wont see them. :(

like every other league the special monsters you need are to rare so you are forced to grind 500 maps a day to maybe find 1!
I dont get it, jus tlet us have FUN for once instead of having to do shores and more work after my work day... -.-
The thing is, I don't even care about the recipes. I just wanted to collect beasts but nope :( League is strangely not designed for that.
I don't play the league, but this sounds terrible, like a really big failure.

Somebody decided to take your beast collecting league seriously, and they get this crap...

Honestly, out of all things that people complained about this league (including the dupe recipe), for some reason this one sounds like the worst one.

Because I would probably be that person who tried to collect all the beast for fun, only to realize that NO, F U, NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT FUN, HERE HAVE SOME 100 MORE NETS.
Last edited by MECHanokl on Mar 10, 2018, 1:17:56 PM
I'm more concerned that one of the League challenges is to register all the beasts in the game into your Bestiary Poekedex. And it seems like you can't register a beast if your capture fails because your bestiary is full.

Yesterday I found a beast that had the new icon indicating I hadn't caught one yet. So I netted it. And it Einhar came and took it. But it didn't register as a new beast capture. I checked by pokedex and it was still unchecked in the book - but I noticed I was 'full' of that type of beast. Later in the level I found a rare version, caught it, and it registered. So if you fill up your beastiary with a certain kind of beast, you will then be unable to register captures for the challenge unless you find rare versions. That could end up biting people.

This league mechanic is a cluster-F of poorly conceived and clearly untested mechanics.
This is so dumb. I don't care if excess captured enemies gets deleted or not, but if they don't count towards completing your bestiary, that is very poor implementation.

I can't believe they didn't get this right. I still kind of don't believe it, like maybe the OP is mistaken and GGG didn't actually make a mistake this glaring.

Spoiler
How gameplay flow should be: "Oooh, a new beast. I will capture it."

How gameplay flow might look with this implementation: "Ooooh, a new beast. I will write down its name, then portal back to town and visit my menagerie. Then I just need to check how many of that beast I have. Hmmm, which of these 4 doors leads to that beast? And what type of beast is it anyway? I'll just check the wiki. There's no mention of what type of beast is it in the wiki. OK, I will just guess, it kinda looked like a dog so I will go to the dog place. OK, just take this door here. No dog place here. Oh wait, I think I've found it. It says I have 19 of this type of beast. Is that the maximum? I better beastcraft with some dogs just to be sure. Which recipe uses dogs? I will try to find one. Is that symbol dogs? OK let's do this. Killed some beasts, got a simple robe with 3 max life, ballin'. Now I can go back to ... wait, where's the portal. Oh, the instance timed out."
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Mar 10, 2018, 6:51:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info