[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
ax1m wrote:
I just got a Dying Sun from Shaper and I'm wondering if using it and swapping GMP for Vile Toxins might be worthwile. I'm playing the Volkuur's version, charactername is AssassinateMahFPS if you wanna take a look.
I wouldn't consider swapping it until you also have the helmet enchantment (or lag too much).
Dying Sun adds 20% extra projectiles to you so it's a decent option. Personally I'd sell it to buy other gear.

"
livejamie wrote:
Also with the Volkur's guide what's the best way to scale our damage?

Physical/Fire/Poison damage? What about Chaos Damage?
Depends on where you get it.

On claws you'll want high attack speed and then the best DPS of combined phys/fire/chaos possible.
Physical/chaos will end up with the highest rolls on weapons.

On other items (i.e. jewels or rings), the best flat damage source is fire damage.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Cherrubim's still worth it or should i try to get a Loreweave?
Im running volkurs.

Just link this today
Hi !

Very nice build, even tho poison can sometime be frustating (i killed so many bosses after i died ><)

I recently bought this claw and was wondering what i should craft, %phys or as?

Otherwise, is my character ready for stuff like uber-elder? (MoltenScorp on my profile), i'm just lacking the 6L loreweave but no luck so far...)
Last edited by Scorpiaa on Sep 23, 2018, 4:04:43 AM
"
Scorpiaa wrote:
Hi !

Very nice build, even tho poison can sometime be frustating (i killed so many bosses after i died ><)

Otherwise, is my character ready for stuff like uber-elder? (MoltenScorp on my profile), i'm just lacking the 6L loreweave but no luck so far...)

I don't think there's suffix room for attack speed? But if there is it is easily the best option. Attack speed is huge.
"
babsbegood wrote:
Cherrubim's still worth it or should i try to get a Loreweave?
Im running volkurs.

Just link this today
Loreweave is better, I'd sell the Cherrubim's or keep it until you get a LW.

"
Scorpiaa wrote:

As mentioned, Attack Speed is extremely important.
I think you can't craft it anymore outside of a lucky Annul, so I'd probably make a new one.

You should be able to do anything except Uber Elder. For that fight I highly recommend you to wear at least both Loreweave and Kaom's Roots. (check my 3.4 character).
It's very rough (and expensive) if it's your first time.
Builds and Guides:
Just crafted this beauty after a few attempts

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
You should be able to do anything except Uber Elder. For that fight I highly recommend you to wear at least both Loreweave and Kaom's Roots. (check my 3.4 character).
It's very rough (and expensive) if it's your first time.

If you don't have loreweave, you can run purity of ice. You'll lose a little damage from dropping HoA (if your poison chance is good) or anger, but not a big deal. Also makes it a little easier to fix resists for kaom's roots.

Agreed on being rough for a first timer. The fight is significantly harder for melee characters than for ranged (unless you're so tanky you can eat the mechanics). Totem characters have it the easiest (totems with good screen coverage, like GC or arc).
Which one is best for boss killing? Fenumus' Weave or Volkuur's Guidance?

I'm dumb and still can't tell if this is better than wasp nest. Says average dps is lower but poison DPS is much higher with this. I don't have any other curses running so despair would apply.
"
Which one is best for boss killing? Fenumus' Weave or Volkuur's Guidance?
Depends on the boss & your gear.
With good gear Volkuur's is better for most fights.

"
BdXtcvfSnv wrote:

I'm dumb and still can't tell if this is better than wasp nest. Says average dps is lower but poison DPS is much higher with this. I don't have any other curses running so despair would apply.
It's worse, there are other ways to get Despair so don't see it as anything other than QoL.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info