[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Thanks for the build, it was my first uber elder attempt, died 3 times to avoidable stuff so my bad on that part. For mapping i'd aim to get enlighten 4 and add arctic armor to the build. Character is open, up for any suggestions.

Thanks again Mr. shepard.
PoB shows the increased fire damage from quality on Immolate as improving our poison DPS. That's a bug, right?
"

where do i go from here? currently lvl 91, just finished up guardians.

will do shaper for the first time in my multiple lvl 90 chars! so exciting!

also what do i improve to bring this to uber elder/uber aztiri ?

i still die occasionally. (not entirely sure why) (max 80 resist, 6.2k life)
Last edited by niteblane on Sep 25, 2018, 3:48:01 AM
Hi,

Decided to try poison builds this league, and it has been a rough journey. Started with QR/Barrage assassin with Vaal Pact, then without, then with Kaoms.

Then I respeced into this and wow it makes a whole lot of difference. It feels like there's much more damage with MS for less investment. Shield charge with so much attack speed also feels insane.

Was wondering if you have considered this unique amulet that most poison bow builds use:

With two 6% blind on hit abyss jewels you are pretty much guaranteed to blind and have 100% hit rate. This frees up the shield slot for something with more life and res. Currently using this shield until I find a better one.

Anyone has any ideas for alternative shields? Or viable unique shields? It's possible to craft Insanity for 40/80 fire damage but thats really expensive and no one crafts that. The chances for a Insanity + high life is really low too.
I have managed to cap my resistances and decided to get an impresence and im running despair blasphemy, arctic armour and aspect of the spider from fenumus and I have to say bosses melt, killed shaper and looking at elder next.

Thanks for the great build. :D
"
grandanes wrote:
PoB shows the increased fire damage from quality on Immolate as improving our poison DPS. That's a bug, right?
Nope, increasing elemental damage also increases the damage part of poison that originates from Volkuur's.

"
niteblane wrote:
where do i go from here? currently lvl 91, just finished up guardians.

will do shaper for the first time in my multiple lvl 90 chars! so exciting!

also what do i improve to bring this to uber elder/uber aztiri ?

i still die occasionally. (not entirely sure why) (max 80 resist, 6.2k life)
Look up my own character, specifically helmet enchantment and elder rings should be your next goals.
For Uber Elder you should use Kaom's Roots, Atziri should be doable already, but you'll need to know the fight mechanically.
Might be lags or too rippy rolled maps that are killing you.

"
R3pl4y wrote:
Was wondering if you have considered this unique amulet that most poison bow builds use:

With two 6% blind on hit abyss jewels you are pretty much guaranteed to blind and have 100% hit rate. This frees up the shield slot for something with more life and res. Currently using this shield until I find a better one.

Anyone has any ideas for alternative shields? Or viable unique shields? It's possible to craft Insanity for 40/80 fire damage but thats really expensive and no one crafts that. The chances for a Insanity + high life is really low too.
I thought about it, but didn't really find any shield that would make it worthwhile. A shield that I've seen used a bit is Lioneye's Remorse.

The thing is, you're gaining life and resists from the shield, but you're also losing them from your amulet. The prerequisite of blind also makes the clear a lot worse.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 25, 2018, 8:11:36 AM
Saw your guide. Was actually working on a character similar to this without knowing it. Why do you skip Point Blank?
Point blank doesn't affect poison.

And Shepuurd, I thought the entire point of the ailment rework was that things like fire damage don't touch poison. And wiki seems to confirm this.
"
grandanes wrote:
Point blank doesn't affect poison.

And Shepuurd, I thought the entire point of the ailment rework was that things like fire damage don't touch poison. And wiki seems to confirm this.

You can easily test this by killing mobs with and without volkuur's on. It should be like half dps without it on.
Last edited by squiggyniggy on Sep 25, 2018, 1:05:22 PM
Well no shit, because you can't poison with fire damage anymore. The question is whether increases to fire damage, such as on the passive tree, affect the poison dps in any way. The concept behind the ailment rework and the wiki says they don't.

But PoB is showing fire damage nodes as affecting poison, and that makes no sense.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info