[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Ripping: 6-8% Attack Speed with Claws

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Jewel

Abyssal Jewels can also have the mod 6-8% AS provided you have crit recently, which on this build, has 100% up time.
Should've been more specific, I wasn't talking about increased attack speed, but a total increase in attack speed.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
Should've been more specific, I wasn't talking about increased attack speed, but a total increase in attack speed.

Right. Depends on the AS roll mostly. Imperials have more base AS. But they also have less crit chance, which procs Toxic Delivery, which is a heft 30% more multi on your poison. AS is important but lets not ignore the fact you beat Uber Elder on a Wasp Nest. There is a lot more to this build than AS and if you have a well rolled Gemini, you aren't going to knock yourself out of the running because it's not Imperial.

I value the crit chance and the QOL the mana leech brings. You get less life on hit but even 38 is plenty given how many projectiles and hits you do accumulate. Both have merit.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Haasts wrote:
In SSF, I briefly tried throwing a handful of Aberrants at my iL83 Gemini Claw (from the Rabid Rhoa) and never hit Malicious once, so I've been using this pile -

- while I've been attempting to chance The Wasp Nest (over 200 attempts, now - first time in PoE I've been running the straight flush vendor recipe plus trading chances for scours via Catarina).

Best I've managed to craft with Corroded Fossils etc (no luck on getting a Perfect to roll higher than 20%) is

which is going to have to do at the moment. I'm around ~400 chances with no The Wasp Nest - reckon this is "good enough" and better to sink my Scour/Chances etc into Diamond Flasks & Rawhide Tower Shields?
"
Right. Depends on the AS roll mostly. Imperials have more base AS. But they also have less crit chance, which procs Toxic Delivery, which is a heft 30% more multi on your poison.

As assassins, we get +4% to base crit. So you're looking at 10% base crit with imperial, vs 10.3% base crit with gemini (assuming neither has on-weapon crit).

The huge damage of this build is mostly due to the noxious strike poison duration, which scales up with attack speed. It is especially powerful with the volkuur's version, which both benefits more from the duration (because of the 50% less duration) and from added damage (+fire from anger, abyss jewels, jewelry - all of which is better with fast weapons).

"
AS is important but lets not ignore the fact you beat Uber Elder on a Wasp Nest. There is a lot more to this build than AS and if you have a well rolled Gemini, you aren't going to knock yourself out of the running because it's not Imperial.

That's true. But you might as well craft with the best base. Mana on hit is easy to pick up on a jewel, and a single jewel's roll is enough.
If you're doing SSF like it sounds you are then that claw is fine. Go for Lycosidae.
Think I'm done crafting claws for now.
"
JeffHopkins wrote:
Think I'm done crafting claws for now.

Holy shit. What was the process for that? Please tell me that isn't just from spamming corrodeds
I spammed perfect fossils as I got them until i hit a high %, then just random single corroded or corroded+aberrant. This particular result was the combo. Based on what others have said I might have gotten lucky to hit chaos damage with an aberrant.(ontop of the other lucky rolls of course lol)
Pretty sure the added chaos damage mod roll chance got buffed. I managed to roll it about 1/6 of the time. Managed to make this.
Playing the fenum version, I think it's weaker dps wise, and a lot more expensive
IGN: HarroHarbinger

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info