[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Siafu75 wrote:
What you guys think of this claw w/o Attack speed. Is it still better than the wasp?

TY.
If you're using Volkuur's Guidance, it's a liiiiiittle bit better.
Otherwise, no.

Edit:
just added this to the weapon section:
"
As a rule of thumb, if your fossil weapon has attack speed, then it's about as good as a Wasp Nest. If it has additional chaos (for Volkuur's: physical and fire) damage on top of that, it's better.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Sep 12, 2018, 6:24:18 PM
"
Siafu75 wrote:
What you guys think of this claw w/o Attack speed. Is it still better than the wasp?

TY.

Really nice claw, so much for poison, would've been amazing with a 24%+ attack speed roll.
Hi,

I'm really interested in this build. I'd like to know if there's an RT version to this because Lycosidae is really expensive.
"
xDeicidium wrote:
Hi,

I'm really interested in this build. I'd like to know if there's an RT version to this because Lycosidae is really expensive.

Run dual wasp nest. You'll need to invest in some accuracy, but it'll work just fine. I'd take Eagle Eye on the tree and stack a bit on gear. You should be able to reach 91-93 pretty easily. You'll kick out more damage than with Lyco but will obviously lose a bit of life and block chance.
Deliver pain exquisite
As an aside to the fossil crafting chat - there's a bit of discussion of crafting techniques / people's results on this Reddit thread (with Shepuuurd's Vortex Stinger making a cameo):
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9f4m47/finally_an_item_that_can_beat_1c_unique_wasp_nest/

However, a forecast of tomorrow's 3.4.2 patch notes might change things slightly:

"
Poison mods are now considered Chaos mods for the purposes of Fossil crafting.
Bleeding mods are now considered Physical mods for the purposes of Fossil crafting.
Guyss!! Check my Account.. ALREADY FULL ENDGAME GEAR
All content DONE
"
"
xDeicidium wrote:
Hi,

Run dual wasp nest. You'll need to invest in some accuracy, but it'll work just fine. I'd take Eagle Eye on the tree and stack a bit on gear. You should be able to reach 91-93 pretty easily. You'll kick out more damage than with Lyco but will obviously lose a bit of life and block chance.

Alright. Btw, what's the difference with this poison molten strike to the ones like Jugg Molten Strike?
"
xDeicidium wrote:
"
"
xDeicidium wrote:
Hi,

Alright. Btw, what's the difference with this poison molten strike to the ones like Jugg Molten Strike?

Ele MS is just that, uses ele damage so you can't do ele reflect map mods. This uses DOT chaos damage, so you're not blowing up mobs in a flash, but draining their life as you go. The damage is backloaded, so it takes a bit of time to put them down. However, it can do any map mod and the benefit of DOT is mostly in boss fights where if you will keep draining their HP even if you disengage.

Both play similarly but for clearing, this one is slower. The best MS build I've played is Inquisitor. The damage is the highest out of any build. Not as durable as the Juggernaut but it has about 4x the damage, so nothing lasts long. The downside is you have to reroll ele reflect maps and that gets annoying (and costly).
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Haasts wrote:
As an aside to the fossil crafting chat - there's a bit of discussion of crafting techniques / people's results on this Reddit thread (with Shepuuurd's Vortex Stinger making a cameo):
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9f4m47/finally_an_item_that_can_beat_1c_unique_wasp_nest/

However, a forecast of tomorrow's 3.4.2 patch notes might change things slightly:

"
Poison mods are now considered Chaos mods for the purposes of Fossil crafting.
Bleeding mods are now considered Physical mods for the purposes of Fossil crafting.

I tried crafting a few with aberrant and didn't see any chaos mods at all. I crafted a handful with just corroded and got one with flat chaos, which was unfortunately a brick because it rolled with bleed. The dream is to get that flat chaos with the 60% more multi to poison like the guy on Reddit. Obviously getting a T1 AS and CC would be mirror worthy for the build. It might be easier come after the patch if aberrant has a good chance of giving you a flat chaos roll.

So far that's the best I got and I got it with just a corroded. If you want to pair it with anything, pair it with a perfect fossil or spam perfects till you get 30% and then spam corroded.

It gets expensive tho, you're basically looking at about 3.5c per shot depending on the time of day. Corroded go for between 2-3c on DSC right now.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Sep 13, 2018, 5:29:43 AM
Have you seen this guy's profile?

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/Lokinir/LokiStabsThor?i=3&search=class%3DAssassin

Most interesting thing there to me was the use of withering touch in the main links. Not for clearing obviously but for Uber Elder and such it seems like it could be a good idea, as you mentioned that WTotem doesn't really work in that fight.

Also thoughts on vaal blight for the increased chaos damage taken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info