3.2.0b Hotfix

Also lower map drop rates?
Nice!
The Holy Bible
Did this patch somehow accidentally nuke drop rates??
what happens now if i want to split a shavs wrappings? do i get two wrappings with stats halved? And can I then use a divine orb on both to make the stats good again?
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 9, 2018, 7:08:09 PM
Hello all -

I am fairly new to PoE, but have been a gamer for decades. When the question of integrity is (rightfully in this case) brought to the forefront, all other issues become secondary. Any online/public/group endeavor HAS to remain transparent, above board, and without reproach.

The fact that the bug got fixed is merely a technical issue; the elephant in the room is the plethora of high-end items that are now in the hands of the few that enjoyed repeated use of the exploit.

If indeed THIS does not get addressed, then GGG needs to take a long look in the proverbial mirror and examine their ethics. I am a businessman myself, and I understand the need for profits, growth, etc... please make sure that said revenue is earned in a righteous manner, GGG, and not from hoodwinking those that are not living in your game world more so than the real one.

I have bought tabs, purchased my first supporter pack, and have generally said great things about Poe & GGG. Now is the time to show your true colors Chris, Bex, Natalie, et al... please do not disappoint.
"
(I'm posting this to reddit rather than the forum because I'm replying to some specific popular reddit posts.)

So I spent a while going through the logs of exactly who made what with the item-splitting recipe when it was in its initial form over the 12 hours that it was live. The highest number of uses by anyone was 13, with most people using it 1-2 times. Around 1000 items were created, and this was predominantly the completely-intended use of splitting six-link items or separating mods out.

We received reports of people making "hundreds of Elder and Shaper items" and then when we investigated, that person made one. A streamer who made "dozens of six-links on stream!" used the recipe twice.

I completely understand that people deeply care about the economy and we try as hard as possible to protect it. The economy also matters greatly to us. However, the scale of use of this recipe was very low during the period it was active. It is true that a small quantity of shaper/elder/enchant items were created, but far more are created each day by normal play activity (though maybe not rushed onto the trade sites as fast). The largest impact is that six-links are cheaper, but we want them to be this league! That's why there are multiple recipes that can create them.

There are calls for mass bannings, but who do you want us to ban? We're not banning people who made six-link items (as that's intended), and if a guy made a single shaper/elder item because he wanted to see if we enforced the rule correctly, then that's not intentional exploitation. We didn't find anyone who exhibited behaviour worthy of a ban in this case. The Leaguestone exploit in the past was a hundred times worse in terms of player intent.

We definitely dropped the ball with the bugs in this recipe (among other valid concerns about our rollout of this league), and I'm sorry about that. I just wanted to post this to reassure you that the scale of people using the recipe was quite a lot lower than people are claiming.

We'll have more news early next week about further improvements to the league. Have a great weekend!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/839tuf/a_note_about_how_many_people_used_the_item/

Post from Chris, very annoying they still use reddit as official forums but whatever.
Basically it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be.

On reddit, Chris_GGG says: (I'm posting this to reddit rather than the forum because I'm replying to some specific popular reddit posts.)

Never mind that people are questioning & commenting here on pathofexile.com... if we want a reply or update regarding PoE we should peruse/post on reddit, hmm?

Silly me... I thought that THIS was the official Path of Exile forum. Learn something new everyday!
"
citruslounge wrote:

On reddit, Chris_GGG says: (I'm posting this to reddit rather than the forum because I'm replying to some specific popular reddit posts.)

Never mind that people are questioning & commenting here on pathofexile.com... if we want a reply or update regarding PoE we should peruse/post on reddit, hmm?

Silly me... I thought that THIS was the official Path of Exile forum. Learn something new everyday!

+1

yeah....like WTF?!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Damn, and I thought we had it rough chasing Elder all around T15 maps because of fucked up Memory Fragment progression and no way to see its status, dying of boredom and no drops. The way GGG is treating newbies this league with currency nerfs and dysfunctional mechanics is absolutely disgusting.

Lack of proper communication and the fact useless circle-jerk platforms like Reddit or Twitter are often used for it instead of official forums or in-game announcements is just an icing on that cake made of chicken shit.
No patch for Oba's Map ! Ok ggg!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info