[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

"
VisorX wrote:
"
gmac wrote:
VisorX,
Any thoughts with using essence worm unset ring with a free haste aura? How about Spiritual Command (near the beginning of the tree) (to enhance our damage to enhance the totem's damage)? I saw this used in some other totem builds. I have not yet figured out how to get POB working so please consider posting the skill trees when you can.

Glad you are enjoying the build. Essence Worm is indeed a good mention, but not because of Haste, you would use the new Hatred which gives 18% more cold damage at level 20. I will put that in the guide.

"
Wonkie wrote:
Isn't Frostbolt now better than Freezing Pulse?

The mechanics of Frostbolt and Freezing Pulse haven't changed. Just because Frostbolt was buffed by 25% and Freezing Pulse by 12% doesn't make it better. You are free to try out both skills since tree and gear are pretty much the same. Just swap gem and jewels.

I've played also a lot frosbolt, the problem with FB it's you lack single target damage, since all projectiles don't hit the target. Indeed, MAYBE have a better clear speed on maps, specially on open maps.

Essence Worm ill give a good DPS % inc with Hatred (BiS - in my opinion) and of course a watcher eye with 2 rolls, BUT i'll guess that is not necessary since this build don't lack on damage and using a Essence Worm you will lose around 200 HP.
"
riddim wrote:
"
VisorX wrote:
"
gmac wrote:
VisorX,
Any thoughts with using essence worm unset ring with a free haste aura? How about Spiritual Command (near the beginning of the tree) (to enhance our damage to enhance the totem's damage)? I saw this used in some other totem builds. I have not yet figured out how to get POB working so please consider posting the skill trees when you can.

Glad you are enjoying the build. Essence Worm is indeed a good mention, but not because of Haste, you would use the new Hatred which gives 18% more cold damage at level 20. I will put that in the guide.

"
Wonkie wrote:
Isn't Frostbolt now better than Freezing Pulse?

The mechanics of Frostbolt and Freezing Pulse haven't changed. Just because Frostbolt was buffed by 25% and Freezing Pulse by 12% doesn't make it better. You are free to try out both skills since tree and gear are pretty much the same. Just swap gem and jewels.

I've played also a lot frosbolt, the problem with FB it's you lack single target damage, since all projectiles don't hit the target. Indeed, MAYBE have a better clear speed on maps, specially on open maps.

Essence Worm ill give a good DPS % inc with Hatred (BiS - in my opinion) and of course a watcher eye with 2 rolls, BUT i'll guess that is not necessary since this build don't lack on damage and using a Essence Worm you will lose around 200 HP.

Thanks for your reply guys, I will test it out and see how it works out. (I now realize you already said it in your build guide as well, or did you just added that :p?)

For me also the MTX of frostbolt is nice and I just like to see the balls go everywhere (nohomo xD). On the other hand, I am looking for a starter and I feel like leveling with Freezing pulse will be nicer. Mmh difficult, what to do... xD
Sorry to reply again. Once, I bought the Freezing Pulse MTX but DID NOT WORK with Spell Totems and I had to refund since I "only" play Totems. I don't know if that is already fixed, it was a few years ago.
Seems like we are getting our Skill-Point back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ayjblk/just_going_to_leave_this_here/?st=jsz9uvtc&sh=1c331e1a

But thanks for fucking up everyone who updated their guides and PoBs :D.
"
riddim wrote:
Sorry to reply again. Once, I bought the Freezing Pulse MTX but DID NOT WORK with Spell Totems and I had to refund since I "only" play Totems. I don't know if that is already fixed, it was a few years ago.

I just (10 mins ago) tested it ingame and can confirm that the Frostbol MTX works even with a spell totem, so I guess it should work for Freezing Pulse MTX as well.
"
VisorX wrote:
Seems like we are getting our Skill-Point back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ayjblk/just_going_to_leave_this_here/?st=jsz9uvtc&sh=1c331e1a

But thanks for fucking up everyone who updated their guides and PoBs :D.

That would be good since I really need that point!

I've played around the tree a bit you and agree with 99% of the picks (ofc i'm just a peasant) I dropped Alchemist cluster and went directly to Arcane Swiftness, Nimbleness and Lethal Assault + the first node at templar (14% damage + 14mana) at level 93 (92 I've they fix).

"
Wonkie wrote:
"
riddim wrote:

I just (10 mins ago) tested it ingame and can confirm that the Frostbol MTX works even with a spell totem, so I guess it should work for Freezing Pulse MTX as well.

Let's go shopping MAN! that's so nice! Frostbolt "black MTX" is also very good
Last edited by riddim on Mar 7, 2019, 6:55:50 PM
Careful, the MTX won't work if you get the spell totem skill from an item (Soul Mantle)

Happened to me with buying scorching ray MTX and playing with balefire :(

Anyway guys, what do you think about Cerberus limb + a nice shield? works well in my build.
I know it's getting nerfed but is this viable with winter orb ?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"

Almost all spell are viable with totems. If you are replacing Freezing Pulse for Winter Orb you for sure will need to change a few support gems and nodes on passive tree. By the way I tried last league only replacing main skill gems, but was not enough to shine, since they are very different for each other.
"

It's viable, but Winter Orb shines as 'selfcast' where you can run around and channel it once in a while. It does more damage at higher stages and of course it takes each totem some time to get there.

If you wanna try out something else, I think Spark Totems are getting really interesting. Other worthy skills are Ice Spear, Frostbolt, Glacial Cascade, Storm Call, Dark Pact, Arc.

You can also make some sweet Ranged Attack Totem Builds with Elemental Hit and Toxic Rain. Those two can reach an insane amount of single target damage. But of course the skill tree for those are quite different.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 8, 2019, 8:10:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info