[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

@xKyndigx: Frost bomb has two portions. The first, damage does precisely nothing at all. The second, -25% cold resist debuff does work, and is extended by increased duration.

@leatitia: Your characters are set to private. If you are close to what the PoB link shows, three points can get you a jewel socket or a nice chunk of cast speed. Past 90 it is somewhat to taste.
"
Covenant wrote:
@xKyndigx: Frost bomb has two portions. The first, damage does precisely nothing at all. The second, -25% cold resist debuff does work, and is extended by increased duration.

@leatitia: Your characters are set to private. If you are close to what the PoB link shows, three points can get you a jewel socket or a nice chunk of cast speed. Past 90 it is somewhat to taste.

thx i didnt notice i had set security at all XD - i took the 10% ele dmg and ele focus with 16% ele dmg and duration ... i will see if this works rest i will se in castspeed thats a good advice
ill guess i will skill the +4% castspeed downwards to the witch origin
Hi I'm new to this game may I ask why your totem use the freezing pulse so.... big I mean the radius like a fan , I use the totem and it's just shot 1 ? Sorry my english's not very good.
"
unknown913 wrote:
Hi I'm new to this game may I ask why your totem use the freezing pulse so.... big I mean the radius like a fan , I use the totem and it's just shot 1 ? Sorry my english's not very good.

Each 'First Snow' skill jewel gives two extra projectiles to Freezing Pulse :-)
Last edited by Cyzax on Jan 22, 2019, 8:05:13 AM
Question...

I've tried setting up:
Frost Bomb + Curse On Hit + <curse>

However, it doesn't seem to apply the curse. Can anyone explain why? I should think Frost Bomb delivers a 'hit' even if it doesn't do damage. Other spells certainly do.
"
Cyzax wrote:
Question...

I've tried setting up:

However, it doesn't seem to apply the curse. Can anyone explain why? I should think Frost Bomb delivers a 'hit' even if it doesn't do damage. Other spells certainly do.

i can only guess but im nearby sure that its because the dmg only comes after period of time and thats what matters
"
leatitia wrote:
"
Cyzax wrote:
Question...

I've tried setting up:

i can only guess but im nearby sure that its because the dmg only comes after period of time and thats what matters

The curse should still be applied once the 'hit' happens, even if it is delayed...
Just want to say that this is a fun build :-)
I had a (very) slow start this league since I though the syndicate encounters were so overpowered they weren't fun, but after the nerfs they're fine :-)

My gear... The wand, gloves, Loreweave (2.5EX) and the shield are bought, the rest is self-found.
Spoiler
I've been looking at a few different endgame builds, can someone provide feedback on this gem setup?

Main skill:
Freezing Pulse
Spell Totem
Cold Penetration
Hypothermia
Faster Casting
Controlled Destruction

4 Link:
Immortal Call
Enfeeble
Cast When Damage Taken
Increased Duration

3/4 Links:
Summon Lightning Golem
Decoy Totem
Multiple Totems
(maybe:
Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance
)

Frost Bomb
Cold Snap
(Maybe:
Increased Duration
Arcane Surge
Bone Chill
Increased Area of Effect
)

Phase Run
Flame Dash
Increased Duration
(Maybe:
Arcane Surge
)

Projectile Weakness
Vaal Haste
Increased Duration
(Maybe:
Arcane Surge
)

================================================================================

Right now, I only have Arcane Surge on Phase Run and Flame Dash . I don't keep it up 100% with those two spells.

I never use Vaal Haste, with Phase Run and Flame Dash I don't really find a need for it.

I saw a build that put Summon Lightning Golem / Decoy Totem with Cast When Damage Taken . I like the idea, but I'm not sure its worth it.

Overall I don't feel like I am doing enough Damage to elites/bosses, I know my gear could improve by a lot, but gems are what I think I have the best understanding of and getting gems is pretty straightforward.

Are there any syngergies I am missing, or things that don't combine well? Really just any suggestions would be a huge help.
The first two are standard and I strongly recommend them.

I don't invest into keeping golem or decoy totems alive, though elemental resist cap may have some benefit.

One I've relied on is Projectile Weakness-Frost Bomb-Arcane Surge-Increased Duration. I really only curse or frost bomb bosses, tanky rares, or bestiary beasts. Increased duration does double duty here, and with normal cast speed I don't feel faster casting is necessary. It is common with dangerous bosses for me to drop totems, run away, and cast curse in empty space to proc arcane sure.

I just link flame dash to faster casting, I don't cast it often or consistently enough to link it to arcane surge. YMMV.

I don't think you can benefit from bonechill. It would be nice, but I think the linked skill has to chill it to get the multiplier. So Multiple Totems-Spell Totem-Cold Snap-Bonechill. I'm not optimistic on that, and I'd prefer the decoy totems.

Vaal haste I would love but I just don't have the keybinds. Delve proves its possible someday, but I stopped carrying it.

Going from level 19 freezing pulse to 20 or 21 will help a good bit, as will 20/20 support gems. Pandemonius is a big deal, 20% cold pen, and the blind saves me more often than I'd like to admit. Not cheap though.

Though this is a fantastic overall build, it isn't a true, pure boss killer. The dps shreds T13-T15 map bosses and normal atziri. But shaper guardians with +40% elemental resists take time to die, and you don't leech or regen fast enough to ignore mechanics. All the boss killers I've seen lack a lot of quality of life this build has, at some point you have to choose priorities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info