[3.3] CHAOS-FIRE-INQUISITOR | feat. Magma Orb - All Content incl. UBER ELDER! Budget friendly!

"
tsjatupa wrote:

No problems with build =D, already using Singularity for now, have the chest and keeping my eye out for cheap rare helm with the +2. Was just messing around to see what other possibilities one could concoct with your build ;).

Edit: Singularity only does extra dmg on enemies that are hindered, not maimed (thats the attack version). Only downside is that the hinder AoE of singularity is 25 units, which is just outside of melee range and thus does not come into play when you are kiting dangerous bosses. Only other sources are Abyssal Cry, Wither and blight. This still makes the Shaper sceptre a better choice overall.

Yeah my bad, I actually meant hinder. The Spider Webs from Aspect of the Spider count as hinder effects. And they boost singularity dps. They also give you 5% more damage per stack (max stacks is 3) for a total of 15% more. The debuff lasts 6 seconds and is almost to the edge of your screen.

You just need to tag an enemy with the spider web, wich applies almost isntant to any enemey in range. Right now theres even some kind of bug, where the web debuff is instantly stacked as 2 stacks. One for just getting in range and the first one is applied instantly as well.
Last edited by GornoDD on Mar 28, 2018, 1:29:14 PM
Great guide but I have a few questions about the aspect of the spider addition.

From the equipment section:

"
Also dont get confused with the Aspect of the Spider Enchant! I decided to craft it on my Helmet but it proved to be suboptimal. Better put it on another non-socket item.

With Gloomfang Amulet, Elder Ring, and Mark of the Shaper ring taking up the amulet and ring slots, wouldn't this just leave the belt as the optimal option for Aspect of the Spider Enchant?

Also, what made putting the enchant on your hat suboptimal?
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:
No problem, personally I'm trying stuff out to make it works too. Ran a few more runs and found that the other issue is the ability to recover after taking in a huge hit, probably cause effect of warlord's mark curse got reduced, and the life leech wasn't working out too well

I know. Its a problem with most classic spellcasters atm. It almost impossible to get good enough leech. Im testing a variety of methods atm to squeeze more tankyness out of this build

wondering if you guys came up with anything to help make the build tankier? i was thinking about giving the build a go on hardcore and was thinking about scion elementalist/slayer. with leech from doryanis and gloomfang paired with an atziri flask and warlords mark on hit could provide some pretty good leech that doesnt end on full life. the 10% pen from elementalist scion, wise oak, and few pen jewels/pure talent could help make up for the loss of pen from not being inquis. other options were deadeye/slayer, or inquis/slayer. Im a big fan of scion slayers for the leech when it comes to making builds feel tankier on hc, not to mention the culling strike that got added to it :D
Last edited by infuzex on Mar 28, 2018, 9:36:06 PM
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
tsjatupa wrote:

No problems with build =D, already using Singularity for now, have the chest and keeping my eye out for cheap rare helm with the +2. Was just messing around to see what other possibilities one could concoct with your build ;).

Edit: Singularity only does extra dmg on enemies that are hindered, not maimed (thats the attack version). Only downside is that the hinder AoE of singularity is 25 units, which is just outside of melee range and thus does not come into play when you are kiting dangerous bosses. Only other sources are Abyssal Cry, Wither and blight. This still makes the Shaper sceptre a better choice overall.

Yeah my bad, I actually meant hinder. The Spider Webs from Aspect of the Spider count as hinder effects. And they boost singularity dps. They also give you 5% more damage per stack (max stacks is 3) for a total of 15% more. The debuff lasts 6 seconds and is almost to the edge of your screen.

You just need to tag an enemy with the spider web, wich applies almost isntant to any enemey in range. Right now theres even some kind of bug, where the web debuff is instantly stacked as 2 stacks. One for just getting in range and the first one is applied instantly as well.

Ok, didn't look into aspect of the spider yet so didn't know that. In that case Singularity would perform well yes. Thanks for the heads up!
"
infuzex wrote:
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
RGWxXPOPXx wrote:
No problem, personally I'm trying stuff out to make it works too. Ran a few more runs and found that the other issue is the ability to recover after taking in a huge hit, probably cause effect of warlord's mark curse got reduced, and the life leech wasn't working out too well

I know. Its a problem with most classic spellcasters atm. It almost impossible to get good enough leech. Im testing a variety of methods atm to squeeze more tankyness out of this build

wondering if you guys came up with anything to help make the build tankier? i was thinking about giving the build a go on hardcore and was thinking about scion elementalist/slayer. with leech from doryanis and gloomfang paired with an atziri flask and warlords mark on hit could provide some pretty good leech that doesnt end on full life. the 10% pen from elementalist scion, wise oak, and few pen jewels/pure talent could help make up for the loss of pen from not being inquis. other options were deadeye/slayer, or inquis/slayer. Im a big fan of scion slayers for the leech when it comes to making builds feel tankier on hc, not to mention the culling strike that got added to it :D

The tankyness of the build pretty much depends on how well you can get your hand on Loreweave and can stack some good Life/Mana. I feel the build si quite damn tanky with about 7,5k effective life and some seriously good regeneration coming from watchers eye/clarity.

The only thing thats able to kill my character at this point is Uber-Elder. Normal Shaper/Guardians is like a Joke to me. T16 Uber-Elder Guardians can punch quite hard but are all farmable deathless (for those juicy elder amulets).

When I first released the build I really had some trouble early on but with the addition of Praxis Ring the leveling is quite safe. But I got you covered Still

https://pastebin.com/cHui7G4U

This is a slightly modifiedy passive tree wich exchanges the starting nodes from Inquis for the Regen/Life/Mana nodes. These nodes are REALLY good for inquis. This is pretty much the only change I can think of at this point in time.
Bought an Abyss jewel with 5% chance to Hinder on hit with spells. Untill I get Aspect of the Spider this will have to do. Might be something for those on a budget, it cost me 7c.
"
tsjatupa wrote:
Bought an Abyss jewel with 5% chance to Hinder on hit with spells. Untill I get Aspect of the Spider this will have to do. Might be something for those on a budget, it cost me 7c.

Might do the trick, but spider is not crazy expensive. Just dont mess up the arena fight. The small orbs do absurd damage.
I'm trying the Elementalist variant of this build so far and right now it feels decent. Will say though levelling was an absolute nightmare (and that was even with a Tabula), I came close to giving up on it about 3 times but grinded through to level 60 so that I could start equpping some end game stuff (helm enchant and 21/20 Magma Orb are a must for Elementalist I feel, otherwise everything just falls apart).

I've made some changes (character is Plus_Ultra_Instinct to look at if interested)

Survivability is excellent. Mapping is good, boss killing is excellent. The only real issue for me and it might be because of the Elementalist class are when I encounter buff beasts where the AOE/GMP setup makes it real annoying. - the difference between a Slower projectiles swap damage wise is massive and it feels like a long time before I can capture/kill the beast. Having to swap GMP/SP at bosses can get a bit annoying for QoL purposes too.

I'd like to find an Elder ring that comes with Herald of Ash to it so that I can put in Spell Totem + Arc to the build which I believe would benefit both single target and mapping immensely, but I haven't been able to find specific ones that I need.

Gloomfang does make a massive difference, I am trialing and determining whether I can run a IQ amulet for mapping or if Gloomfang is a must.
Last edited by Eathb on Mar 31, 2018, 8:17:22 AM
Awesome guide. I'm looking forward to leveling this up.
Last edited by Adultswim3 on Mar 31, 2018, 10:59:58 AM
I really appreciate the guide and the build is basically fun but... Without the equipment you suggest, this is a complete nightmare. So for anyone thinking about this build: have the equipment ready, otherwise you might be giving up... like me, for now...

The main problem with "normal" equipment is that you just run out of life and mana in any fight longer than 30 seconds.
Last edited by hankins on Apr 1, 2018, 9:03:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info