[3.3] Lava Trapper - 550k Shaper dps Burning Ground - MOM Trickster Fire Trapper

"
1) Temporal chain is very good, but I'd swap Electronic Weakness instead of Despair, as Despair reserves no mana when you use an Impresence Amulet

You would swap chaos impresence amulet for a fire one and get free flammability. Once you have free flammability you get Temp chains as 2nd curse(35% mana) and then aspect of spider as secondary damage/defense(25%). Leaving 40% mana left over for MoM which should still be like 1200-1300 mana left.

You can either use Fenomous chest to help with Spider area of effect and get

Enemies affected by your Spider's Webs deal 10% reduced Damage
Enemies affected by your Spider's Webs have -10% to All Resistances

That is both a damage increase and defensive bonus. Pretty strong I would say.
"
Trespeon wrote:
"
1) Temporal chain is very good, but I'd swap Electronic Weakness instead of Despair, as Despair reserves no mana when you use an Impresence Amulet

You would swap chaos impresence amulet for a fire one and get free flammability. Once you have free flammability you get Temp chains as 2nd curse(35% mana) and then aspect of spider as secondary damage/defense(25%). Leaving 40% mana left over for MoM which should still be like 1200-1300 mana left.

You can either use Fenomous chest to help with Spider area of effect and get

Enemies affected by your Spider's Webs deal 10% reduced Damage
Enemies affected by your Spider's Webs have -10% to All Resistances

That is both a damage increase and defensive bonus. Pretty strong I would say.

Hey i'm not saying it's a no-go, you can try for sure.
The fire impresence is a lost of dps against bosses, you will lose Elemental Equilibrium (everything will also do fire damage with that ammy).

I've tried it in PoB with my actual character:
Lvl 82 with 19/0 gem, 5linked Searing Touch, using blasphemy with flammability and elemental weakness. No Impresence or any dps flask. Have a shaped gloves with 22% increased trap damage
My stats are: 1k mana, 30% unreserved mana, 4.442hp, 525ES. full buffed dps is 228k

If i use the Fenomous gloves i have to drop 1 curse (or i exceed mana pool) i lose 100hp, 40 ES and my dps is 217k. if i equip the Fenomous gloves i'll reach 230k dps but i'll go down to 4k hp and losing elemental resistences (which actually i don't know how to get)

My opnion is that using Fenomous can be a funny thing, but needs an overpriced gear (lot of resistances from ring/ammy/helmet) to reach a decent dps

I've just added a small video of the build as a lvl 82 in a shaped peninsula map (T8)
Added a new video (with better quality)
T10 map, lvl 83 with a 5l searing touch, al gems are 19-18 with 0 quality.
Map is a shaped Maze
"
If i use the Fenomous gloves i have to drop 1 curse (or i exceed mana pool) i lose 100hp, 40 ES and my dps is 217k. if i equip the Fenomous gloves i'll reach 230k dps but i'll go down to 4k hp and losing elemental resistences (which actually i don't know how to get)

Oh no, you wouldnt use the gloves. Only the chest. You just craft aspect of the spider on a piece of rare gear. That way you get even higher DPS and defenses.
"
Trespeon wrote:
"

Oh no, you wouldnt use the gloves. Only the chest. You just craft aspect of the spider on a piece of rare gear. That way you get even higher DPS and defenses.

Yes sure, but beastcrafting an aspect skill is very challenging
"
Yes sure, but beastcrafting an aspect skill is very challenging

Not really. Fenomus first of the night beast orb is only 15 chaos on BSC. That is pretty cheap I think.

Im leveling this character now and will try the gear changes and let you know how it turns up after leveling this weekend. Should be 85 ish by Sunday.
How do you deal with hexproof enemies?
"
Vedkloss wrote:
How do you deal with hexproof enemies?

Hexproof can make the difference only during a boss fight

You can deal with hexproof mod in different ways:

You can use Aspect of the spider which will still grant hinder a increased damage taken for mobs.

You can go for a Cospri's, as we are not bounded to any specific chest, but i'd still prefer to keep my high life chest and drop this option.

You can still decrease their fire resistance in different ways:
- scorching ray
- elemental equilibrium
Specifically in a boss fight you will (hopefully) always have Elemental Overload up with orb of storm.
I can suggest a Scorching Ray - Cast While channeling - Frost wall setup to keep boss in a corner on our burning ground
I'm just testing the Fenumus's Shroud + Aspect of the spider craften on an item (amulet in my case).
Seems a bit tankier than expect (thank you for suggestion @Trespeon )
Moreover i've noticed lvl 21/0 Fire Traps are for 1-2 chaos.

Grab one immediately untill you manage a 21/20 Fire Trap. Dps given is very huge

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info