[3.3] Lava Trapper - 550k Shaper dps Burning Ground - MOM Trickster Fire Trapper

Does herald of ash now affect fire trap?
EHC: Wyvernborn
"
szym3n wrote:
Does herald of ash now affect fire trap?

Herald of Ash affect only the fire damage dealt by Fire Trap when it explodes, but not the burning ground. That's why it is not suggested
Hey is this viable build for Hardcore?
I'm trying out this build. HOWEVER:

1. Please tick "Is the enemy a Boss?" as Shaper/Guardian before flaunting with the build's DPS numbers.
2. Elemental Overload is not triggered by crits from traps. There needs to be a self-cast crit.
"
aFluke wrote:
I'm trying out this build. HOWEVER:

1. Please tick "Is the enemy a Boss?" as Shaper/Guardian before flaunting with the build's DPS numbers.
2. Elemental Overload is not triggered by crits from traps. There needs to be a self-cast crit.

Hello, thank you for your cosideration.
Regarding EO, i'd still take it and make it proc with Scorching Ray CwC Arc in hardest fight
For DPS you can consider 320-350k against Elder/Shaper. Not flauting, just reporting the real dps, just like every build out there. :)

If this is HC viable: trapper are usualle safer than melee, but they miss a lot of defences. In HC Kaoms Heart is mandatory i'd say
so ive taken patient reaper to test it, and for some reason if the enemy dies when the trap explodes, i dont get that 2%/4% life/mana back, but if they die from the degen i do.

the 70% increased recovery rate doesnt seem to be working, although im not sure about that, as im not sure what it multiplies or what it scales with.
"

Regarding EO, i'd still take it and make it proc with Scorching Ray CwC Arc in hardest fight
For DPS you can consider 320-350k against Elder/Shaper. Not flauting, just reporting the real dps, just like every build out there. :)

Apologies, perhaps flaunt was too negative in tone of a word to use. But I still hold my opinion that every build should set Shaper as the target since elemental DPS builds get way wilder numbers than say, physical builds if we completely ignore Boss resistances. Shaper DPS is a better benchmark for comparing builds.

Good luck with the build.
Last edited by aFluke on Mar 4, 2018, 8:13:27 AM
Do you level with Fire Trap or some other skill?
"
aFluke wrote:
"

Apologies, perhaps flaunt was too negative in tone of a word to use. But I still hold my opinion that every build should set Shaper as the target since elemental DPS builds get way wilder numbers than say, physical builds if we completely ignore Boss resistances. Shaper DPS is a better benchmark for comparing builds.

Good luck with the build.

Hey no worries mate. :(
Your thoughts are correct. But you should also consider another aspect:
not everyone is usually farming Elder/Shaper, maybe for this reason maybe the normal dps is the one usually posted.

Thank you!
"
deklan006 wrote:
Do you level with Fire Trap or some other skill?

Hello! levelling with fire trap for sure, as soon as you can grab a trap support/fencoil and use ice nova and later shock nova. Best served with Elemental Equilibrium :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info