[3.3] Lava Trapper - 550k Shaper dps Burning Ground - MOM Trickster Fire Trapper

"

Hello there!
Swift Killer works with burning ground, i've taken it as 2nd ascendance to test it and it works, i'm full with Franzy and Power Charges when mobs die due to burning ground (not explosion of traps) :)

EO can be proc with any spell (Orb of sotrm, Scorching ray + cwc + arc) and should be used with hardest encounter

Tricurse are casted like an Aura using Blasphemy. you don't need to cast them :)

Ele Equilibrium is not activated with the burning ground, so you just need to throw your fire trap and after the shock nova trap and watch enemies melt ;)

Using Blasphemy for tricurse will probably reserve all mana. How does it work with MOM?
"
I'm not sure if you realize, but Elemental Equilibrium is actually terrible for fire trap. Even with traps instantly triggering you still hit them with fire damage.
Unless you're intentionally missing with your traps, in which case you're losing out on the initial burst that fire trap has that 1shots most white mobs.

This person and others moaning about Elemental Equilibrium on fire trap, for clearing trash mobs, 25% fire res is going to do NOTHING, you only need to worry about it for bossing because thats when you going to need the -50% fire res, look at the PoB I posted on page 3, for bossing use Orb of Storms, you'll have no problems with Elemental Equilibrium and power charge gain.
Last edited by Breakleg on Mar 7, 2018, 4:00:01 AM
reading the concept and checking PoB this build must be terrible

1. nobody cares about dmg on trash, 700k dps on shocked normal mob? Great! Once you change to boss and disable the shock, dmg drops significantly (down to 200k)

2. why trickster? This is terrible utilization of Trickster ascendancy. Even Elementalist would be better than Trickster, considering how mediocre memementalist is.

3. the dmg is mediocre at best even with "mirror level" gear and 21 gems. Doing 200K shaper dotdps with gear for 40ex ... laughable

I call failed build and up to yellow tier maps as maximum with low clear speed.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Hello,its MoM ye? Didnt see you take the node,so its changed,no MoM ? :)
Hello guys!
Regarding MoM: is something I have to test and see if it is convenient for the build or not. Will keep you updated in the first page of the build as soon as I've performed the test.
Anyway with MoM and 3curse we have approximately 400mana unreserved..which is maybe not enough for a good usage of MoM
"
Breakleg wrote:
"
I'm not sure if you realize, but Elemental Equilibrium is actually terrible for fire trap. Even with traps instantly triggering you still hit them with fire damage.
Unless you're intentionally missing with your traps, in which case you're losing out on the initial burst that fire trap has that 1shots most white mobs.

This person and others moaning about Elemental Equilibrium on fire trap, for clearing trash mobs, 25% fire res is going to do NOTHING, you only need to worry about it for bossing because thats when you going to need the -50% fire res, look at the PoB I posted on page 3, for bossing use Orb of Storms, you'll have no problems with Elemental Equilibrium and power charge gain.

Elemental Equilibrium will proc after the fire trap hit.
The first first trap will deal all the damage.
Just throw a shock/nova trap soon after, and you are fine.
Cannot really see the problem here..
"
Hello guys!
Regarding MoM: is something I have to test and see if it is convenient for the build or not. Will keep you updated in the first page of the build as soon as I've performed the test.
Anyway with MoM and 3curse we have approximately 400mana unreserved..which is maybe not enough for a good usage of MoM
Was thinking on 2 curse on cwdt,ofc curses will be abit low lvl but there will be curses + with no reseve mana we can use MoM in this case.Only suggesting :)
"
Marxone wrote:
reading the concept and checking PoB this build must be terrible

1. nobody cares about dmg on trash, 700k dps on shocked normal mob? Great! Once you change to boss and disable the shock, dmg drops significantly (down to 200k)

2. why trickster? This is terrible utilization of Trickster ascendancy. Even Elementalist would be better than Trickster, considering how mediocre memementalist is.

3. the dmg is mediocre at best even with "mirror level" gear and 21 gems. Doing 200K shaper dotdps with gear for 40ex ... laughable

I call failed build and up to yellow tier maps as maximum with low clear speed.

Hey there.
Just a small reply

1) 200k DPS against a not shocked shaper/elder doesn't look so bad to me

2) Trickster is the best ascendancy for Dot. This is a dot build and Trickster.is awesome with burning ground.
Elementalist does nothing to the build and Saboteur is not useful for the intended use of the build

3) The build requires:
- searing touch (1alchemy)
- Sunblast (1 alchemy)
- 2-3 Cheap Construction (1alchemy each)
- Doedre Damning (1chaos)
Even the heretic veil, which is in pob, is 20chaos right now
Where do you see 40ex budget?

Will keep you informed on how it performs in red maps

BR
"
Desperation wrote:
"
Hello guys!
Was thinking on 2 curse on cwdt,ofc curses will be abit low lvl but there will be curses + with no reseve mana we can use MoM in this case.Only suggesting :)

I just miss currency to craft the right sockets, will surely test this way later on :)

From the latest patch notes

"
Fixed a bug where the "x% more Spell Fire Damage" from Herald of Ash was not applying to Damage over Time effects applied by skills such as Scorching Ray.

Time to add Herald of Ash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info