[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
NoImagination wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm struggling a bit for DPS in the ~79+ incursions, particularly if they have ele resist. I'm 7k ES and 9.5k ice storm in hideout, so I suspect we'll have to farm T11s for longer than we normally would - I don't have level 20 gems yet. The maps themselves are trivial. I'm also going to skip incursions when the map has +elemental resist.

Here's how I do them: go straight for the architect with the boss staff and kill him. There is always enough time for that. After he's dead, switch to the SC staff and kill as much trash as you can. Make sure to have a good item filter with sound for the Stone of Passage so that you never miss it. With average luck, you will find the stone and have time to open the door you need, even in +resist +life red maps.

My gems are not lv 20 yet either. 9.6k tooltip in town currently (11.1k in hideout).

I agree that that's the plan, but in 80+ incursions, I often don't have the DPS even with concentrated effect to kill the big blue packs in time, particularly when they have elemental resist.

After some more high level incursions, I've adjusted my tactic. It seems to make sense to keep using the boss staff on everything in there. There are almost no open spaces in those rooms, the packs are compact, and they like to charge/swarm you. So there is no need for extra AoE. The boss setup is several times higher DPS than the SC one.
Thoughts on incandescent heart ?i snagged one for 1c (with 5 unlinked sockets) . The gain chaos dmg on it as % of elemental is good for us isn’t it? As well as the ‘take elemental as chaos’ part since we are CI.I know Es is lower end but figured I could use this while I grind lvls/currency in maps for real gear .
"
rozakk wrote:
Thoughts on incandescent heart ?i snagged one for 1c (with 5 unlinked sockets) . The gain chaos dmg on it as % of elemental is good for us isn’t it? As well as the ‘take elemental as chaos’ part since we are CI.I know Es is lower end but figured I could use this while I grind lvls/currency in maps for real gear .

It have way too low ES for that "take elemental as chaos" to be relevant. And chaos damage is irrelevant, because we have "avatar of fire"... We can't deal non-fire damage.
And lastly, it don't have any int bonuses.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jun 8, 2018, 11:47:54 AM
"
rozakk wrote:

Avatar of Fire = no chaos damage. Dropping AoF would lose more damage than the 20% chaos gain from Inca.

For defense it's a bit of a niche. 25% elemental hit damage mitigation sure is nice. But the downside is that you lose 2k ES, a lot of Int and whatever resist on regalia. And it does very little against physical hits and non-hits (i.e. damage over time). It makes you very tanky against pure elemental hitters but squishy against phys hitters. It can be good against some bosses, but not others.

I actually tried it against the Uber Elder in Standard. Not sure what to think of it. The main goal was to try and tank the Shaper barrages. Didn't quite work. You can eat 1 full barrage, but you can't outleech them all. On the 2nd or 3rd one you run out of ES. So then you have to dodge them anyway. And risk getting killed by the phys tentacles because your ES is so much lower.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 8, 2018, 12:00:06 PM
Speaking of the Uber Elder, a more active player has just killed him with this build in the league, at lv 90. He's never played the build before and never killed Uber Elder on any build before, so it was a learning curve and he blew a few sets but got it done. So there we go, 1 week into a new league, Uber Elder is down to WI! :)
Well I’m not sure how that guy got a 550 es chest for 6c, but I can tell you that most es chests that give 2k more es than incandescent, and then also have int and resists, are going to be more than the 1 arch that most incans are ! Starting into maps I am poor.
"
rozakk wrote:
Well I’m not sure how that guy got a 550 es chest for 6c, but I can tell you that most es chests that give 2k more es than incandescent, and then also have int and resists, are going to be more than the 1 arch that most incans are ! Starting into maps I am poor.

You can totally use Inca until you find a good regalia. I should add it as a cheap option to the guide.
Can someone take a look at my gear and tell me where improvements can be made please?

not sure how to link jewels but I have 2 Fertile Mind, 1 Brute Force, Clarity Watcher's Eye, Pure Talent, 1 Rare w/ Spell dmg-Int-Fire dmg-faster ES recharge, 1 Rare w/ Spell dmg-Int-%ES-Faster ES recharge

Sitting at 9.1k ES currently and 1,611 Int
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
Can someone take a look at my gear and tell me where improvements can be made please?

not sure how to link jewels but I have 2 Fertile Mind, 1 Brute Force, Clarity Watcher's Eye, Pure Talent, 1 Rare w/ Spell dmg-Int-Fire dmg-faster ES recharge, 1 Rare w/ Spell dmg-Int-%ES-Faster ES recharge

Sitting at 9.1k ES currently and 1,611 Int

Definetely more INT into gear.
"
Jespetin wrote:
Definetely more INT into gear.

Yeh. You can do a lot with the flasks too. Mine can't be optimal (Iron Skin?!), but it's definitely an improvement over yours right now. You need warding, heat and staunch, you probably want adrenaline on your QS, and if you're going to go Stibnite, you probably want Reflexes somewhere too.

Also, 5L chest is very useful due to blind. You're 2 sockets short at the moment, and ideally you want to be using both.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 8, 2018, 4:55:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info