[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
bone3 wrote:
One tip, if u have low specs pc like me, change spell cascade for increased area of effect, and concentred for elemental focus, and for boss elemental focus and concentred effect, with increased area u get less fps drop and smooth leveling, and good dps too.

Nah, icreased AOE is dead support for icestorm. Not only it takes entire link, it's not really give us significant boost in our AOE (especially after AOE-nerfs).
Also, it makes projectiles fall in larger radius, which isn't as good as you think. It makes dead zones between those larger, and it makes it much more likely for monsters to avoid all damage.
It's normal to consider not putting concentrated effect there (which is still an option, even on map clearing setup), but putting increased aoe is counterproductive. It's much better to put something like controlled destruction and wave your mouse a little to spread damage. It still will give better result.

P.S. Now that i think about it, nevermind. You are free to use anything if you are comfortable with it. It's just that if you present it as "tip", it's obvious to present my opinion on that topic too.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Jun 7, 2018, 9:13:17 AM
Just hit 8.4k ES, 10k+ tooltip DPS in hideout with golems and herald of ash only, int 1700. Items have been reaaaaaally cheap this league. Thank you meta switch! Build is safe and strong to play, don't think I have died even once after hitting 69. Leveling gems now to yolo corrupt them. :P Edit: Oh yea, also missing uber lab for that juicy damage buff and couple skill points to take an extra socket for dmg/int jewel.
Last edited by Jespetin on Jun 7, 2018, 11:19:33 AM
hello guys i'm a noob with scion;

i have two quests:

- is hc viable?
- the clear speed is good enough to clear incursions, like... kill
the arquitect and take the keys?

ty and nice guide btw
around what lvl and how much es should the swithc to CI be made? I am getting a bit low on my life pool i feel like, but i only 64, wasnt sure when to switch. i dont want to spend money on life geaer to then have to resave for es - not that i have the currency anyway, thanks to astramentis being 15c for a low roll .
Hi all! Does any one have any comments on the following items for leveling?
Perandus Signet - For the 2% increase to int for each unique equipped and of course the extra xp gain.
Preandus Blazon - For the + all attributes.
Hardcore viable? I imagine so.

Incursion viable? Yes. Wait until you're CI, it's inefficient beforehand. I think we need to skip incursions on maps with +elemental resist when we hit tier 14/15 or so, or have 12k+ tooltip dps (which is doable, but fairly late game for us).

When to CI: 69. Just go directly to blood aqueduct and level there til you hit it, cap there is fine.

Perandus Blazon: It's a good levelling item

Perandus Signet: This is how the build used to work. After it got nerfed, it was not as efficient as 50+ int on each piece.
Last edited by NoImagination on Jun 7, 2018, 2:57:35 PM
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

So, this way you can keep using the bigger DPS gem for Icestorm while taking advantage of Combustion too.

In the final setup, I'm going to drop FA support from VS to make room for the Combustion gem.

we should 6l our chest now, lol

Funny you'd mention that :)

I bought a nice endgame regalia, and while trying to 5-link it, I accidentally got a 6L.

Now THIS is perfect! BL does everything: curses, blinds, and debuffs. Combustion ignites on it are pretty much instant since BL hits all the time.

/happy
"
NoImagination wrote:
The problem with going combustion is that we lose the Elementalist node, and I need those all resists right now. We also lose Izaro's Turmoil, though that isn't important later on. So perhaps this is a later-game thing.

Elementalist is not an issue. Sorry, I was wrong about ignites overwriting each other. According to the wiki, only the highest ignite does actual damage, but all ignites remain on the target for their full duration. Combustion doesn't need to do damage to debuff fire resistance. So then we don't care if it gets ignited by Icestorm, as long as the Combustion ignite is also on present.

At least that's how I understand the wiki info.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 7, 2018, 6:34:52 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

So, this way you can keep using the bigger DPS gem for Icestorm while taking advantage of Combustion too.

In the final setup, I'm going to drop FA support from VS to make room for the Combustion gem.

we should 6l our chest now, lol

Funny you'd mention that :)

I bought a nice endgame regalia, and while trying to 5-link it, I accidentally got a 6L.

Now THIS is perfect! BL does everything: curses, blinds, and debuffs. Combustion ignites on it are pretty much instant since BL hits all the time.

/happy

And you already have the watcher's eye ! How did you...
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Well, considering that cyclopean coil isn't really that expensive, you can use corruption every now and then when you get that chamber in the temple anyway.

I definitely intend to try the belts every time I get Corruption Chamber III :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info