[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm struggling a bit for DPS in the ~79+ incursions, particularly if they have ele resist. I'm 7k ES and 9.5k ice storm in hideout, so I suspect we'll have to farm T11s for longer than we normally would - I don't have level 20 gems yet. The maps themselves are trivial. I'm also going to skip incursions when the map has +elemental resist.

Here's how I do them: go straight for the architect with the boss staff and kill him. There is always enough time for that. After he's dead, switch to the SC staff and kill as much trash as you can. Make sure to have a good item filter with sound for the Stone of Passage so that you never miss it. With average luck, you will find the stone and have time to open the door you need, even in +resist +life red maps.

My gems are not lv 20 yet either. 9.6k tooltip in town currently (11.1k in hideout).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 7, 2018, 6:43:49 PM
"
julioricar wrote:
hello guys i'm a noob with scion;

i have two quests:

- is hc viable?
- the clear speed is good enough to clear incursions, like... kill
the arquitect and take the keys?

ty and nice guide btw

I know several people who reached lv 90+ with this build in HC in different leagues. Somebody even killed the Shaper in HC with it last league. I have a lv 81 HC WI character myself, although I don't like being super careful all the time, so I don't normally play in HC.

Clear speed is OK for Incursions with some practice. Not quite as easy as with 'clear speed' builds. Need 30ms boots and Quicksilver flasks.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jun 7, 2018, 6:51:42 PM
Tried the new Incinerate for clearing. It's trash. It does too little DPS of its own and takes too long to power up (about 2 sec to reach stage 8). If I were to spend 2 sec casting on 1 pack of mobs, that would result in 5 Icestorm casts - a massive overkill/wasted time. Rares might need 2 sec of casting, but on rares SR is better because it applies extra resist debuff. So much for that idea.
where is the 2nd fertile mind gem used? i see the first one goes near vaal pact but where is other one go?
Top left from there, below the scion start.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
NoImagination wrote:
I'm struggling a bit for DPS in the ~79+ incursions, particularly if they have ele resist. I'm 7k ES and 9.5k ice storm in hideout, so I suspect we'll have to farm T11s for longer than we normally would - I don't have level 20 gems yet. The maps themselves are trivial. I'm also going to skip incursions when the map has +elemental resist.

Here's how I do them: go straight for the architect with the boss staff and kill him. There is always enough time for that. After he's dead, switch to the SC staff and kill as much trash as you can. Make sure to have a good item filter with sound for the Stone of Passage so that you never miss it. With average luck, you will find the stone and have time to open the door you need, even in +resist +life red maps.

My gems are not lv 20 yet either. 9.6k tooltip in town currently (11.1k in hideout).

I agree that that's the plan, but in 80+ incursions, I often don't have the DPS even with concentrated effect to kill the big blue packs in time, particularly when they have elemental resist.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Funny you'd mention that :)

I bought a nice endgame regalia, and while trying to 5-link it, I accidentally got a 6L.

Now THIS is perfect! BL does everything: curses, blinds, and debuffs. Combustion ignites on it are pretty much instant since BL hits all the time.

/happy

Youre one of the luckiest player i ever saw in this game. A watchers eye 6l regalia with 600 !!!! es and that in the first week. Thats fantastic. There is no regalia over 520 in poe.trade

But its ok. you made such a good guide, so its a little bonus rng :-)

This leage is much cheaper then the other i played. Ther seems plenty of really good items from temple make the market cheeper .

never had such good gear for small money.

hope we stay in the niche :-)
I managed to snag a 566ES regalia for 5c, that boosted my ES from 4.4k to a whopping 6.8k :o

I feel invincible now :)
"
ihasaKAROT wrote:
I managed to snag a 566ES regalia for 5c, that boosted my ES from 4.4k to a whopping 6.8k :o

People, how in the heaven you get such prices? HOW?
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
ihasaKAROT wrote:

People, how in the heaven you get such prices? HOW?

Just watch the market. Both poe.trade and the GGG site let you run Live searches. It's very early in a new league, there are too few endgame rolls yet, but they do happen. Most of the random players who happen to hit them think of Int as junk stat, and that's how they price them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info