[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Hi folks

I play std in the meantime between the two leages and have two nice items crafted in this leage. Would it be better crafting + all attributes or energie shield.

atm i have 10 k energie shield and 12,5 k dmg in hideout.

the ring is

is there a safe chance to get the prefix removed. with orb of anulment i killed 2 really good items this leage so i wont try it again :-)
What happend if i use the remove prefix and add suffix if there cant add a suffix. is then the prefix gone or not ?

and then i have the 2 amulets

should i craft aspect of the spider on the sec one or is it better on the ring ?

correct me if Im wrong but why dont craft suffix cant be change then scour on the ring? all good mod is aspect, int and cold dam are suffix.
concerning the issue of "keeping up fortify in the uber elder fight":

we can use the vigil (treshold jewel for vigilant strike) in the jewel socket beneath the scion start; it has 40str in its radius. this makes VS last for over 30 seconds per use.
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
"
the ring is

is there a safe chance to get the prefix removed. with orb of anulment i killed 2 really good items this leage so i wont try it again :-)

correct me if Im wrong but why dont craft suffix cant be change then scour on the ring? all good mod is aspect, int and cold dam are suffix.

Yeah, that would work too, but it costs 2 ex. The league is currently dead, but Opal rings with 50+ Int and 20%+ inc cold or fire damage were like 50c in the middle of the league.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
concerning the issue of "keeping up fortify in the uber elder fight":

we can use the vigil (treshold jewel for vigilant strike) in the jewel socket beneath the scion start; it has 40str in its radius. this makes VS last for over 30 seconds per use.

Haha, it actually works!! The duration of Fortify gets tripled by that jewel: 36 sec! I had no idea it worked that way. The description is totally misleading.

It should really say 'Fortify duration is tripled'.

So yeah, that would solve the Fortify issue for the price of a relatively minor loss of Int/DPS. Thanks for the idea! The goal is 1 step more realistic. I hope they make some changes to this fight in 3.3, it's currently totally retarded and too anti-melee, anti-leech and anti-tank, favoring only the builds that do the damage for you while you dodge the boss attacks (summons, RF, totems). Too many builds have no hope at all to beat this boss. Uber Atziri or the Shaper were nowhere as restrictive even when they were new.
So, I made this:

Does 'recover 6% of maximum energy shield on kill' work? I'm not sure because we aren't killing things directly with our skills. It was a fortuitous roll rather than anything I was aiming for.
"
NoImagination wrote:
So, I made this:

Does 'recover 6% of maximum energy shield on kill' work? I'm not sure because we aren't killing things directly with our skills. It was a fortuitous roll rather than anything I was aiming for.

on kill effects dont care if you or entities created by you are doing the killing, it works.

Its a nice chest, but the lack of flat int really hurts.
Thanks. I realised it must be working after I basically stopped ever taking damage on my tier 15 maps, outside the boss.

It works out as 50 more int than the old one but I figure it's more future-proof, despite losing 1k ES. Divining it to 12% int ought to help too.

I'm not sure if ES recovery is worth the int, but I can't be bothered to reroll it now, more important things to upgrade first.

"
pharaoh000 wrote:

Oh boy you saved my day.

Great advice. Dont think about that .

Thanks a lot !!!!
Is it practical to go Discipline, AA, Herald of Ash, Empower, on a -20% Discipline helmet? It means +3 levels to discipline and +3 to HoA:

1% more spell fire damage
6% more burn damage
34 more base ES

It means dropping faster attacks or ancestral call from vigilant strike, but that seems fine to me.

Alternatively, 40% increased herald of ash damage seems good. Does that mean:

4% more spell fire damage
9.5% more burn damage

Or am I doing it wrong?
"
NoImagination wrote:
Is it practical to go Discipline, AA, Herald of Ash, Empower, on a -20% Discipline helmet? It means +3 levels to discipline and +3 to HoA:

1% more spell fire damage
6% more burn damage
34 more base ES

It means dropping faster attacks or ancestral call from vigilant strike, but that seems fine to me.

Alternatively, 40% increased herald of ash damage seems good. Does that mean:

4% more spell fire damage
9.5% more burn damage

Or am I doing it wrong?

Icestorm doesn't do burn damage. Increased HoA damage applies only to HoA explosions, they are very minor compared to Icestorm.

Gaining 1% more fire damage and about 150 total ES is hardly worth the trouble with Empower, and unsupported VS is very unreliable, it requires very precise targeting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info