[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Speaking of the Uber Corruption, is there any particularly interesting combos to influence this build? Asides from both Quality and Level on Gems, of course.
Ehi did anybody already asked if Occultist could work with the exact same build? Maybe putting a second curse instead of an aura, i don't know. On PoB the dps drop seems significant but it doesn't factor in the corpse explosion. SO maybe slightly better clear and defence but worse boss dps?

edit: nevermind, getting vaal pact would be a pain in the ass as occultist

edit 2: actually no, wouldn't pure elementalist be better? I'm loving the build so far!
Last edited by Nephitis on May 24, 2018, 9:53:49 AM
Hi folks

I play std in the meantime between the two leages and have two nice items crafted in this leage. Would it be better crafting + all attributes or energie shield.

atm i have 10 k energie shield and 12,5 k dmg in hideout.

the ring is

is there a safe chance to get the prefix removed. with orb of anulment i killed 2 really good items this leage so i wont try it again :-)
What happend if i use the remove prefix and add suffix if there cant add a suffix. is then the prefix gone or not ?

and then i have the 2 amulets

should i craft aspect of the spider on the sec one or is it better on the ring ?
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on May 24, 2018, 10:49:15 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Speaking of the Uber Corruption, is there any particularly interesting combos to influence this build? Asides from both Quality and Level on Gems, of course.

+level on the staff would be already crazy, but I remember seeing something about reduced elemental damage taken on armor too. We don't know the full list of those new corrupted mods yet, but if anything there lets you facetank the Shaper's ball barrage (i.e. facetank the Uber Elder fight) - that would be massive.
"
Nephitis wrote:
edit 2: actually no, wouldn't pure elementalist be better? I'm loving the build so far!

The comparison between Scion and Elementalist was done at the start of 3.2. The two classes have very similar DPS, but the Scion has significantly higher Int and ES and scales better because of that, especially if you can get your hands on one of those shaped amulets.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 24, 2018, 12:11:44 PM
"
Hi folks

I play std in the meantime between the two leages and have two nice items crafted in this leage. Would it be better crafting + all attributes or energie shield.

atm i have 10 k energie shield and 12,5 k dmg in hideout.

the ring is

is there a safe chance to get the prefix removed. with orb of anulment i killed 2 really good items this leage so i wont try it again :-)
What happend if i use the remove prefix and add suffix if there cant add a suffix. is then the prefix gone or not ?

and then i have the 2 amulets

should i craft aspect of the spider on the sec one or is it better on the ring ?

Daaaamn! That ring and the 1st amu look juicy!

The recipe to remove a prefix and add a suffix won't work when there are no available suffixes. Sadly, the only way to improve that ring is to gamble with Annulment. Well, you have a 2/5 chance to get rid of one of the junk mods, and then 1/5 to lose Aspect that you can re-craft. I'd probably risk it :) Craft 1 more junk mod, and then your chance to lose one of the good mods is only 2/6.

The 2nd amu is ok to add Spider on it. Not ideal, but it'll have a nice price tag in Standard.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 24, 2018, 12:27:07 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:

+level on the staff would be already crazy, but I remember seeing something about reduced elemental damage taken on armor too. We don't know the full list of those new corrupted mods yet, but if anything there lets you facetank the Shaper's ball barrage (i.e. facetank the Uber Elder fight) - that would be massive.

what about using incandecent heart? it has ok-ish 320 es, and when using perandus signets, the int loss compared with a normal rare will be minor.

the key selling point of IH is that you take 25% of elemental damage from hits as chaos, i.e. not at all as a CI char.

the shaper balls have 25% cold pen. Assuming a lvl 23 purity of ice and a sapphire flask, we are at 86% cold res, which turns into 61% due to the cold pen on the balls.

according to the wiki page:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Incandescent_Heart

the effect of IH on a CI char with 60% res is equivalent to gaining 10% additional max res. so virtually, we would be at 70% cold res against the shaper balls. according to poedb, the shaper balls deal 6500*2("200% damage") cold damage, so thats an average of 13k cold damage. with 70% effective resists against it, plus fortify, a shaper ball will deal 13000*0.3*0.8 = 3120 damage. with 10k ES and 4k ES/s leeched, we should be able to survive a volley of 3 balls. without IH, the 0.3 in the calculation above would be replaced by 0.4, and each shaper ball would deal 4160 damage - eating 3 of those in quick succession is too much.

so with IH and superb gear in all other slots, it might become feasible to barely tank the shaper balls. I'm not sure, however, how often our target would become immune while we're eating shaper balls at the same moment.

Last edited by Black_Gun on May 24, 2018, 3:49:52 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
what about using incandecent heart? it has ok-ish 320 es, and when using perandus signets, the int loss compared with a normal rare will be minor.

the key selling point of IH is that you take 25% of elemental damage from hits as chaos, i.e. not at all as a CI char.

the shaper balls have 25% cold pen. Assuming a lvl 23 purity of ice and a sapphire flask, we are at 86% cold res, which turns into 61% due to the cold pen on the balls.

the effect of IH on a CI char with 60% res is equivalent to gaining 10% additional max res. so virtually, we would be at 70% cold res against the shaper balls. according to poedb, the shaper balls deal 6500*2("200% damage") cold damage, so thats an average of 13k cold damage. with 70% effective resists against it, plus fortify, a shaper ball will deal 13000*0.3*0.8 = 3120 damage. with 10k ES and 4k ES/s leeched, we should be able to survive a volley of 3 balls. without IH, the 0.3 in the calculation above would be replaced by 0.4, and each shaper ball would deal 4160 damage - eating 3 of those in quick succession is too much.

so with IH and superb gear in all other slots, it might become feasible to barely tank the shaper balls. I'm not sure, however, how often our target would become immune while we're eating shaper balls at the same moment.

I tried IH, actually was using it on my no-VP Inquisitor version when the nerf to VP was announced. But the 25% resist pen on Shaper barrage is too much, and IH loses you a whole lot of ES, you can't have 10k with it. Also, there is no way to keep Fortify up in that fight because the Shaper teleports quickly when you get near him. If I could stay near him (like in his own fight) this whole thing would be trivial. The net effect of IH is that you take less damage but you are too squishy to tank even that reduced damage. And if you get to the final stage, Elder's Tentacles can 1-shot you, they are phys dmg.

In fact, I've had more luck trying to tank Shaper's barrage by keeping him perma-Blinded. But you can't keep him blinded when he's invulnerable.
Last edited by Kelvynn on May 24, 2018, 4:14:01 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

I tried IH, actually was using it on my no-VP Inquisitor version when the nerf to VP was announced. But the 25% resist pen on Shaper barrage is too much, and IH loses you a whole lot of ES, you can't have 10k with it. Also, there is no way to keep Fortify up in that fight because the Shaper teleports quickly when you get near him. If I could stay near him (like in his own fight) this whole thing would be trivial. The net effect of IH is that you take less damage but you are too squishy to tank even that reduced damage. And if you get to the final stage, Elder's Tentacles can 1-shot you, they are phys dmg.

In fact, I've had more luck trying to tank Shaper's barrage by keeping him perma-Blinded. But you can't keep him blinded when he's invulnerable.

Hm, good to know. The uber elder fight sucks anyway. It's the epitome of the "we dont know how to make bossfights fun, so lets just create artificial difficulty by slapping invulnerability phases onto every boss"-meta. It's a 3-5 minute long bullet hell where you get to deal damage for maybe 20seconds throughout the whole fight. The entire uber elder fight is GGG being hell-bent on forcing players to manually dodge stuff.
mbXtreme made a video guide for this build!

New video: mbXtreme's guide

He really put some work into it, asked me a bunch of questions, and got all the main points highlighted. Very cool guy! I recorded a full Shaper kill by his request with my 3.2 league char (the regular setup, since Fenumus is becoming legacy soon).

Now we just need to hope that GGG doesn't nerf it in 3.3 )))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info