[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

forgot to mention, I planning craft it on my hemlet so it can link with enlight in my aura setup
however if the chest is that important for aoe, I may rethink XD
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
forgot to mention, I planning craft it on my hemlet so it can link with enlight in my aura setup
however if the chest is that important for aoe, I may rethink XD

Enlighten, Empower and Enhance need a gem to apply their effects. They won't work with skills granted by items.
So, how much Energy Shield should I be looking for on my end-game Gloves/Boots/Helm?

Just hit 90 and I've been trying to upgrade my Gloves, but, not sure what exactly I should be aiming for, since I'm not looking at upgrading again after this next pickup.

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Will most likely upgrade the Torment Gyre ring after the Gloves, since that's letting me down a fair bit, but until I know how much Res I need on it I can't really aim for something too good.

Edit:

Also, is there anything we want to corrupt onto the Belt or Unique Jewels?
Last edited by Zephryl on Apr 7, 2018, 9:52:08 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
So, how much Energy Shield should I be looking for on my end-game Gloves/Boots/Helm?

180/150/280, more is obviously better.

"
Zephryl wrote:

Also, is there anything we want to corrupt onto the Belt or Unique Jewels?

Skill effect duration on belt while still using 15% increased attributes. Jewels only have the immunity to silence but that's a waste of money.

I have another question, where do I go after I have finished this tree? I can see quite a lot of potential nodes to go for but is there any in particular you would recommend?
Finally finished my Atlas !
Did Hall of Grandmasters using the guide in the thread and now i am at 157/157 maps ; it wasn't easy, i died 2 times to random guys in there and also crushed the game 2 times (probably due to using Spell Cascade) but manage to clear it in the end! :)

Only 2 more chalenges (longest ones) to be done and league is ended for me , is first time when i go for 40/40 achievements! Thanks again for this very nice build Kelvynn !

P.S. A lot of mull_gubben copycats in HoGM , make sure you bring your SR only staff with you and burn them!
Last edited by lilianmarius on Apr 7, 2018, 5:40:10 PM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
Planning on using aspect of spider but can any1 tell me why it doesn't work with enlight lv 3 and 1 mana reserve node (4%)
I thought together it equal enlight 4.
Also if any1 using aspect already can tell me is it good to use without the chest?

That's not enough reduced mana reservation. You need 12% from the tree or Enlighten lvl4 + 4% from the tree.

Enlighten lv 4 is a luxury most people won't be able to afford, especially early in the league. But I'm currently back to the Fenumus setup and here's what I do:
Enlighten lv 3 - Discipline - AA - HoA
Sovereignty instead of 1 jewel socket

This actually leaves slightly more unreserved mana than needed to just run this setup, but it lets me swap one of the auras for a Purity when needed (and it's totally needed for the endgame stuff).

I'm currently lv 95, but I also have an extra jewel socket for 3 points, so this version gets rounded up at lv 92 which should be fine with everybody.

Fenumus is so good for both offense and defense! Switching rings/auras for super nasty mods is a bit cumbersome, but it's worth it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 7, 2018, 3:55:51 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Enlighten lv 4 is a luxury most people won't be able to afford, especially early in the league. But I'm currently back to the Fenumus setup and here's what I do:

This actually leaves slightly more unreserved mana than needed to just run this setup, but it lets me swap one of the auras for a Purity when needed (and it's totally needed for the endgame stuff).

I'm currently lv 95, but I also have an extra jewel socket for 3 points, so this version gets rounded up at lv 92 which should be fine with everybody.

Fenumus is so good for both offense and defense! Switching rings/auras for super nasty mods is a bit cumbersome, but it's worth it.

So you suggest Fenumus chest and aspect of the spider?
Will lose some ES from the chest, but maybe its worth it?

How do you reserve aspect along with AA + HoA + Disc?

Please give some more info about the Fenumus advantages and playstyle!
Thanks!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
Planning on using aspect of spider but can any1 tell me why it doesn't work with enlight lv 3 and 1 mana reserve node (4%)
I thought together it equal enlight 4.
Also if any1 using aspect already can tell me is it good to use without the chest?

That's not enough reduced mana reservation. You need 12% from the tree or Enlighten lvl4 + 4% from the tree.

What Gem do you drop to slot in Enlighten? I'm currently completely full up myself
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
So you suggest Fenumus chest and aspect of the spider?
Will lose some ES from the chest, but maybe its worth it?

How do you reserve aspect along with AA + HoA + Disc?

Please give some more info about the Fenumus advantages and playstyle!
Thanks!

Yes, if you can afford this setup, it's very nice. Fenumus chest is very cheap, so is Fenumus himself for crafting. But a good ring to craft it on can take some effort/currency to find.

Using this armor saves you some currency since you don't need to look for a good regalia, but it requires better helmet/gloves/boots since they need to provide most of the resists and have good ES.

Mana reservation: Enlighten lv 3 - Disc - AA - HoA, and take Sovereignty instead of 1 jewel socket.

Once you have everything working, it's great. You gain an invisible aura that hinders and debuffs everything on the screen. Enemies do 10% less damage to you, move super slow and take extra damage from you. The only fight where the loss of ES hurts is the Uber Elder, but even there, once I upgraded my low ES boots to high ES ones and got the total ES into the upper 8k, the difference made by Fenumus became very noticeable. I take noticeably less damage and do noticeably more dps. I did 6 kills with the regular setup (10.4k ES now) and none of them were deathless. Then I switched to Fenumus and got a deathless kill in 3 tries.

"
Zephryl wrote:
What Gem do you drop to slot in Enlighten? I'm currently completely full up myself

I dropped one of the VS supports (dropped FA, kept AC, it works more reliably this way for me).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Apr 7, 2018, 8:54:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info