[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Hey! I am currently lvl 80 loving this build but I have looked into the guide a bit more and the comment section, so I have a few questions.

people are saying you should easily be able to hit 8k something ES as scion, I have all my ES nodes and my gear is pretty decent, yet I only have 5.3k

Second questions is that, you point out to use izaro's but in your gear section you don't use any, is that cause you play Zerker?

Thank you for this build! Hope to see your reply :)
"
Hottikitty wrote:
Hey! I am currently lvl 80 loving this build but I have looked into the guide a bit more and the comment section, so I have a few questions.

people are saying you should easily be able to hit 8k something ES as scion, I have all my ES nodes and my gear is pretty decent, yet I only have 5.3k

Second questions is that, you point out to use izaro's but in your gear section you don't use any, is that cause you play Zerker?

I think it's most likely a case of people have a different opinion on "Easy", the %ES Nodes don't make as much difference as more flat ES on your gear, and I think it's more of a case of it being "8K ES with lower end end-game gear", the stuff you pay a bit for before you start crafting/searching for those amazing roll multi-EX pieces.

Personally I went the Aspect of the Spider path somebody was trying out a few pages back, so my ES is 1-2k lower than a good Rare Chest would give and I'm at 6.7k.

Izaro's aren't the Best-in-Slot for Jewels is probably why in that case, they're just incredibly cheap for what they offer and can only be beaten out by Rare Jewels with excellent rolls.
Thank you for the answer, guess my ES is fine anyway, I'm not dying atleast.
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
Thank you Kelvyn and Scalet for your answer.

For the jew I use, isn't flat es better than anything else for this build? also, hinder add another defend layer? phasing is cool and helps a bit in mapping?

For SR gem is lv 19, I dont see the benefit of using lv 1 beside mana cost which is not much between 10 to 14. or Im missing something, pls clear it for me. btw I want 20% to see how "long-er" it is.

Frost wall is my plan on elder fight. It can block adds projectiles.
Also Im using other minor god (phy reduc on hit). I know the build concept is standstill to facetank but I tend to run when something bad coming. So I use flame dash to proc AS and icestorm itself for EO. This open a free gem slot for increase duration since it support all skill. Higher mana cost-better AS (2% more damage, may be higher if I use FW to proc)

And it true Im running out of jeweler. XD

FlatES is better when it comes to EHP but jewels are a slot where you can get a lot of offensive stats. Hinder on hit slows their movement a bit. You're already near them at that point. It just won't do much and phasing doesn't do anything since we're not a high mobility build.

The point of SR being lvl 1 is to use a -8 mana cost ring on certain maps since this allows you to run no-regen easily. Being able to run additional map mods without effort is really important in red maps.

You can just position yourself between Shaper and the portals/adds on red Elder. This shouldn't be an issue at all.
"
Hottikitty wrote:

Show us your gear.

izaro is a nice alternative until you can get better crafted jeweles, which is what the OP has done. This build doesn't use berserker anymore, its scion...
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 5, 2018, 8:34:11 AM
Another question is: how much intelligence is enough? More is better i guess is the answer :)

What numbers are you getting of intelligence/tooltip dmg/ES?

@ those levelling the build, I'm selling some of my past equip quite cheap if interested try to catch me ingame (updated)

IGN: TANte_bestie - Timezone: GMT +1
Last edited by sultilan on Apr 6, 2018, 9:22:21 AM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
elder is in carcass map so elder in T15

Fragment 13 & 14 require a T15 guardian/Elder kill.
Fragment 15 requires Elder on a T15.

You can use your spawn to get all 3 fragments fairly easy.

Here is how to:

The character who opens the map has to be present to get the Elder's loot. If character 1 opens the map and character 2 kills it, no loot will drop. The one thing that will drop is the memory fragment. Since Elder didn't drop any loot he won't despawn from your T15.

1. Level a second character(character1) and kill Kitava to gain access to maps.
2. Use character1 to open carcass in your case, don't enter and log out instead.
3. Use your boss killer (character2) to enter the map and kill Elder. He should only drop his fragment.
4. Back to 2. until you have 15/15.

I haven't tried this myself but there are a few threads on reddit about it.

Thanks for tip. I did this last night after elder spawned in a sunken city to get my 14th and 15th fragments.

Cheers.

I am loving this build by the way. Level 92 so far. 3 guardians down, 1 to go for shaper.
Just did red elder without breaking a sweat!

Spoiler

Good fun, and tearing through rippy mods maps as well. Currently lvl 90! Guess next to upgrade is Gloves? Pretty happy with the rest.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Apr 5, 2018, 6:44:30 PM
I would want to upgrade the helm. It has nice resistances and intelligence but you could gain another 100 flat ES which would boost your ES a lot.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
elder is in carcass map so elder in T15

Fragment 13 & 14 require a T15 guardian/Elder kill.
Fragment 15 requires Elder on a T15.

You can use your spawn to get all 3 fragments fairly easy.

Here is how to:

The character who opens the map has to be present to get the Elder's loot. If character 1 opens the map and character 2 kills it, no loot will drop. The one thing that will drop is the memory fragment. Since Elder didn't drop any loot he won't despawn from your T15.

1. Level a second character(character1) and kill Kitava to gain access to maps.
2. Use character1 to open carcass in your case, don't enter and log out instead.
3. Use your boss killer (character2) to enter the map and kill Elder. He should only drop his fragment.
4. Back to 2. until you have 15/15.

I haven't tried this myself but there are a few threads on reddit about it.

So as i had no sucess to get other people to help me with the problem i lvl another toon.
As a wrote poet pen will be a verry fast lvl.
so i tried poets pen.
And what should i say. Its totally absolutly amazing. I cant describe it.
2 hour and 20 min to act 5 i never had in any leage. Thats totally crazy. As a starter it would be bullshit but at a sec char with gear i had from lvl the wispering ice toon its the fastest ever lvl build i had.
i will see how fast i can go to act 10.
so for all who need to lvl a sec toon. Take dual poet pen.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Apr 6, 2018, 5:24:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info