[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

Just so you know, my arcane surge is level 6 (26 mana limit), and I accidentally levelled my flame dash to 18 (mana cost 29.)

But my flame dash still triggers Arcane Surge...

I levelled my flame dash to 19 (mana cost 30.) Still triggers arcane surge.

The gems are in my boots, and nothing special about them. That is weird. Any ideas why Arcane Surge is still working?
"
Graiaule wrote:

The gems are in my boots, and nothing special about them. That is weird. Any ideas why Arcane Surge is still working?

It's a threshold, not a limit. You have to spend the required amount of mana or more to trigger arcane surge on every cast.
The only reason for leveling flame dash is to increase the mana cost beyond the threshold of arcane surge since higher levels only increase local fire damage.
"
Scarletsword wrote:

It's a threshold, not a limit. You have to spend the required amount of mana or more to trigger arcane surge on every cast.
The only reason for leveling flame dash is to increase the mana cost beyond the threshold of arcane surge since higher levels only increase local fire damage.

Thanks for the clarification. The wording on Arcane Surge has been very confusing to me.

If the threshold test is actually >=, there's no reason for Kelvynn to say stop levelling Flame Dash at level 15, right?
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. The wording on Arcane Surge has been very confusing to me.

If the threshold test is actually >=, there's no reason for Kelvynn to say stop levelling Flame Dash at level 15, right?

No, but there's also no need to level it further than the mana requirement to get arcane surge buff to proc.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Apr 6, 2018, 9:04:38 PM
So I'm confused at why there is a need for 2 fertile mind jewels. The one jewel socket directly below scion does not cover any of the dex nodes that aren't covered by a fertile mind down and to the right of that socket.
"
Criaen wrote:
So I'm confused at why there is a need for 2 fertile mind jewels. The one jewel socket directly below scion does not cover any of the dex nodes that aren't covered by a fertile mind down and to the right of that socket.

You can double convert, despite every logical interpretation of the text indicating it shouldn't work that way.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:
Well, just killed my first Atziri, and it was a piece of cake. As for shitty drops, I got a flask. At least it's usable

...but not for this build. We don't do any non-fire damage (Avatar of Fire).

Of course. But I can hope to sell it and buy better gear for my character with the money.
Planning on using aspect of spider but can any1 tell me why it doesn't work with enlight lv 3 and 1 mana reserve node (4%)
I thought together it equal enlight 4.
Also if any1 using aspect already can tell me is it good to use without the chest?
"
pharaoh000 wrote:
Planning on using aspect of spider but can any1 tell me why it doesn't work with enlight lv 3 and 1 mana reserve node (4%)
Also if any1 using aspect already can tell me is it good to use without the chest?

I assume because you can't link Aspect of the Spider to the Enlighten.

I'm using the Aspect and... honestly, I'd probably not want to use it without the chest. Without it, it's pretty much just hinder and 15% increased damage in a small AoE, and it's probably better to spend the Passive Points you still need to invest in reservation elsewhere.

The Chest is pretty good for our build, on par stats-wise with a decent-but-not-outstanding Rare, and it both gives us 10% More Damage and we take 10% Less, from a larger AoE than before (Mine seems to cover around 3/4 of the screen).
"
pharaoh000 wrote:

That's not enough reduced mana reservation. You need 12% from the tree or Enlighten lvl4 + 4% from the tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info