[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
Seduction1996 wrote:
Hi. How can i calculate solo target dps? PoB show me 11k dmg. Is this damage from 1 cast or from 1 impact?
At first I thought it was the damage of one caste, but given the 26k damage to the author of the guide, it would be too low if you look at the speed with which he killed the Shaper. But, at the same time, if it is a DMG of one impact, then it would be too much. I'm at a loss.

Sorry for my eng.

p.s. we cast icestorm 3times per second, icestorm duration is around 5 sec. So, when 1st cast still doing damage, we can cast around 14casts and sooo we have 15casts icestorm in one time. So if it's 26k (author) dmg from 1cast, hes dps will be around 390k (but it can't be so low), if it's dps from 1impact, then (we have 15 casts at 1 time, so it's 15impacts in one time) hes dps will be 26k*15*10 (cos 1 impact every 0.1sec) = 3.9kk. it's more like the truth, but I would like to know for sure.

Obviously, it's damage from 1 impact. You will never be able to tell exactly how much damage it will be from 1 cast, cause it's continious (enemy can stay in area or leave it) and quite random (never can tell how much projectiles will hit it)

So yeah, if you want to calculate solo target dps - go to shaper, and try hit him with full stack icestorm when he is still talking. If his first attack will be beam - your dps will be easily visible by his hp bar. Shaper have 20 millions life.
"
the curser is altered with

yolo mouse

its akzepted from ggg

Thank you!

Do you have a link to how to set it up?

"
Scarletsword wrote:

You only have 2k ES. That's really low. Most of your items are missing int and ES completly. Try to avoid maps and level in other zones until you understand how to gear your character since your only level 65 anyway.

Ahh I see, so I just need more damage from Int and other stuff for my life leech to be effective, right? Thanks for the advice!
"
jyvenyu wrote:
"
Scarletsword wrote:

You only have 2k ES. That's really low. Most of your items are missing int and ES completly. Try to avoid maps and level in other zones until you understand how to gear your character since your only level 65 anyway.

Ahh I see, so I just need more damage from Int and other stuff for my life leech to be effective, right? Thanks for the advice!

No, you didn't get it again. You don't need more damage... well, you need, but it's not so vital as your ES, right now.

There are several reasons for that:
Firstly, with 2k es you will not tank even one somewhat strong hit from boss, and group of normal mobs will easily kill you too. You need atleast 5-6k ES to be somewhat acceptable. Well, maybe not on 65 lvl, but even for 65 lvl 2k is absurdly low. In the end game you should have about 9k or so.

Secondly, your leech is useless unless you have more ES. Leech have restriction, and this is "you can't leech more than 20% of your maximum life/ES". Vaal pact make it restriction at 40%. but it still means that with 2k ES you can't leech more than 800 ES in 1 second even if you will have million DPS, which is absurdly low.

You need stuff with int bonus, sure. But more than that you need ES on your gear. Go into CI without proper ES-gear is suicide.
Last edited by Med1umentor on Mar 24, 2018, 7:22:20 AM
Super thrilled I found this guide, I've just returned from a pretty long break and one of my main characters (My first main, actually) was a Whispering Ice Witch. Absolutely adore her, but I'm fairly sure my version I've recreated isn't as good as she used to be (And she was always T2, unfortunately).

Happy to see a WI build that can do the higher end game content, and I think I'll end up taking it out for a spin, there's a bunch of new story content it seems and I've been looking for a character I can do it with.

After looking at your tree, thinking that maybe Ghost Reaver is what my own Witch might actually be missing... It's super hard to rebuild a character after more than a year...

(If you wanted to have a look at my WI-tch and give me any feedback or suggestions, that'd be super awesome. No idea if you're as experienced with other forms of WI builds as you are this one, or are even interested, but if you are Lazulia is the character and should be open to viewing)

"
Drumheller wrote:
"
the curser is altered with

yolo mouse

its akzepted from ggg

Thank you!

Do you have a link to how to set it up?

https://pandateemo.github.io/YoloMouse/

the info on the page you download it from

As expected, "1% damage per 15 intelligence" is completly ridiculous and I'd highly recommend to get it.
"
Scarletsword wrote:

As expected, "1% damage per 15 intelligence" is completly ridiculous and I'd highly recommend to get it.

Well, yeah, in terms of damage, it will give you about 15% extra MORE damage. But it's so hard to roll it together with good int and increased attributes. But i guess that's what we call it "worth it"
Just got
Unavailable
which makes me so happy! :)
Last edited by lilianmarius on Mar 24, 2018, 1:42:02 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

He's dead.

My PoB for Uber Elder
https://pastebin.com/7399i56v

I've also switched my lesser pantheon to Soul of Yugul.

Be prepared to rip a few sets, if you're not a god.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Mar 24, 2018, 6:03:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info