[3.5] The Blinding Blizzard - Whispering Ice CI Elequisitor - Viable For Everything

"
MattDamonn wrote:

Got luckyyyyy. I had to exalt the reflect damage. If that gave me the 40% extra inc ES this would have been perfect.

It's already pretty disgusting. Same goes for your amulet.

"
guiniol wrote:
So, I see people talking about having several tens of exalts. How do you guys get there? Just by mapping? Or do you have to sell to other players?
I'm a pretty new player, and I don't even have a single exalt (actually, the price of astramentis has been going up faster than I gain chaos orbs...). Will I just get more currency once I get to red maps?

Mapping, selling boss kills, selling maps and rolling the dice on RNG as often as possible. For example I got lucky with Esh, Uber Atziri and Guardians this league to the point where it paid for all other sets/bosses I ran. Every additional drop(uniques, decent base items) was/is pure profit at this point.
Selling red maps in huge amounts is my main income this league and I'm 100% solo.

Since you're still at the start of your journey, I'd recommend prophecies to you. They're easy to understand for the most part, give you additional goals and can be quite profitable.
Last edited by Scarletsword on Mar 22, 2018, 3:50:45 PM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
MattDamonn wrote:

Got luckyyyyy. I had to exalt the reflect damage. If that gave me the 40% extra inc ES this would have been perfect.

It's already pretty disgusting. Same goes for your amulet.

I bought this amu, and I did yolo exalt it and got the lightning dmg lol :`(

Also I wanted to share this is how I'm running clarity for the Watcher's Eye instead of using up a socket. Clarity lvl 4 woulda been better but this still works.
"
MattDamonn wrote:

Also I wanted to share this is how I'm running clarity for the Watcher's Eye instead of using up a socket. Clarity lvl 4 woulda been better but this still works.

I thought of the same thing but went with increased skill effect duration instead. My Ice Storm lasts 7.11s because of this.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Graiaule wrote:
Is there a reason the build skill tree doesn't recommend Faith & Steel and Nullification? For 4 points, you get +30% to energy shield and +16% to all resists (plus other stuff.) That's clearly better than spending points on getting 6% ES per point.

I know there's a comment somewhere where someone mentions the two above "if you're having trouble getting enough resists." I'm saying, these appear to be good, regardless.

We don't take any 6% ES nodes just for that 6%. They are always on the way to better things that give more (including the pathing costs). There is one 8% ES node taken, and it's still better than 7.5% you get per node for Nullification or F&S. The only reason to take those things would be to max resists. But rings make it very easy already. When your resists are already maxed, it's much better to go for Int.

I couldn't find anything better to do at lv 95 than to exchange that 8% ES node for Nullification. A simple 10 Int node gave too little, and I don't like having a node that's not leading anywhere. So there's finally a use for Nullification :)

"
meyogi wrote:
I was going to re-roll into LL/RF, but after a long time of reading all the posts and replies, I decided to screw that and roll the good ol Kelvynn's Whispering Ice! Never regretted it before, yet to regret it even now! Can't believe we went back to Scion after all this patches.

P.S. Kind of curious, what is your INT at now?

1970. I'm sure I can get to 2000 with a little optimization too, didn't have time to look more closely.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 22, 2018, 4:23:58 PM
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
MattDamonn wrote:

I thought of the same thing but went with increased skill effect duration instead. My Ice Storm lasts 7.11s because of this.

Is skill effect duration important in this build? I actually reset those nodes too in my tree to get 2150 INT. Lol I might be making a mistake, and could use some advice.

The way I was thinking was that i seem to stand still for most boss fights so I am just channeling continuously or that mobs die really fast to the icestorm as is.
"
MattDamonn wrote:
Is skill effect duration important in this build? I actually reset those nodes too in my tree to get 2150 INT. Lol I might be making a mistake, and could use some advice.

The way I was thinking was that i seem to stand still for most boss fights so I am just channeling continuously or that mobs die really fast to the icestorm as is.

Dropping the duration nodes is a big mistake. It's a multiplicative DPS mod against stationary bosses, and pre-stacking a lot of Icestorms is used quite heavily. Izaro, Shaper, Uber Atziri...
I just tried to craft a %int Vaal Regalia myself and I hit everything except for the stuff I wanted...again.

There isn't even a Shaper mod on it.
"
Scarletsword wrote:
"
guiniol wrote:
So, I see people talking about having several tens of exalts. How do you guys get there? Just by mapping? Or do you have to sell to other players?
I'm a pretty new player, and I don't even have a single exalt (actually, the price of astramentis has been going up faster than I gain chaos orbs...). Will I just get more currency once I get to red maps?

Mapping, selling boss kills, selling maps and rolling the dice on RNG as often as possible. For example I got lucky with Esh, Uber Atziri and Guardians this league to the point where it paid for all other sets/bosses I ran. Every additional drop(uniques, decent base items) was/is pure profit at this point.
Selling red maps in huge amounts is my main income this league and I'm 100% solo.

Since you're still at the start of your journey, I'd recommend prophecies to you. They're easy to understand for the most part, give you additional goals and can be quite profitable.

Ok. So selling to players seems to be the way to go.
I have been trying to evaluate how much things could be worth (or just put them up for 1c when I have no idea ^^), so we'll see.

Thanks for the tip about prophecies. I have been getting them, but I was wondering if they were really useful.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
MattDamonn wrote:

Dropping the duration nodes is a big mistake. It's a multiplicative DPS mod against stationary bosses, and pre-stacking a lot of Icestorms is used quite heavily. Izaro, Shaper, Uber Atziri...

I guess I missed that because on PoB it doesn't show an effect on dmg, thanks for teaching me this. Do u recommend the 8% skill duration on cyclopean coil as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info