Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

Uninstall gforce experience, it sends your system info, and causes packet jitters. Just install gpu driver.

It could just be because there's 65k online. It is a free to play game, servers are expensive rn
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Last edited by I0wa on Mar 13, 2018, 11:58:58 PM
can confirm the lag is terrible. im playin from washington dc gateway.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Also experiencing this in Australian server. Definitely not my end as internet speed tests put me at a constant 11Mb/s with 0 drops
"
Muneyshot wrote:
How does that show it is on GGG side of the house? Looks like a lag spike from your ISP or an old Wifi router. Did you do a traceroute back to the server and see some high ping nodes?

Wait... no one should ever be playing via a wifi connection. Too many ways wifi can get interference and cause lag. Did the OP state he was on wireless? Did he post any extended WinMTR trace routes that we can see to make possible recommendations. Is there a gaming rig hardware specs list so we can know what he's playing on? has he tried other realms? Is he on DSL and have old wiring causing problems? I'm a computer hardware tech from the late 80s and have run all versions of Windows and fixed countless 1000s of Windows OS problems that kill performance so I could/would help if I have enough info. For instance, has Derdeniska ever run Ccleaner to delete all temp files? I've seen a 500 GB hard drive that had 0 free space and after running Ccleaner for 45 mins. there was 308 GB of free space. Has Derdeniska ever deleted the PoE temp folders (I had a lag problem last year that I tracked back to having too many PoE temp files (and this was on a Samsung 840 500 GB SSD no less).

Much more info is needed before QQing that PoE is a terrible game from the performance side. I agree PoE has a poor core graphics engine compared to any commercial game engine (like Unreal) and very sad that no commercial game engine company had any way to get a license on a shoe string budget back in 2006/2007 so GGG had to roll their own game engine and thus everyone suffers today as a result. But today he shouldn't be seeing that kind of latency just from the PoE server/client net code. I suffered along with everyone else back in the desync era of PoE and other major problems (my AMD Crimson driver would BSOD... err... red screen in PoE 3.0.0 if I used DX11 so I had to run with DX9ex and even today running on an nVidia 1060 AMP! gpu breaches are still way to frame rate laggy).

Derdeniska, post more info please so we can try to help.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
This morning (3-14 aka Pi day) PoE isn't playing very smoothly at all for me. In looking at the stats it is clear to me why:

I play on the Dallas realm and today SoftLayer/HardLayer is having more than the usual communication problems. The average latency is good at < 100 ms but there are many more times of higher latency (spikes) that show up playing as an instance of lag. SoftLayer as a game hosting company for GGG have had many times of performance problems and it looks like we're in another one now. When PoE server/client latency spikes up our times of lag also spikes up. If latency is high then that also affects play with reduced frame rates (60 fps = 1000/60 = 16.67 ms) so with the PoE server side Internet connection it is critical that the hosting company maintain a stable low latency link at all times. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case with SoftLayer and GGG has had many times where Internet communications problems by SoftLayer has made it look like GGG has netcode or other game technical problems. I remember a couple years ago in a podcast that Chris even went so far as to say that GGG was looking at possibly moving to a different host for PoE. That would have been a monumental task to do and SoftLayer got their latency problems under control then but now it looks like their latency problems are back.  :(
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Game still lags, GGG Still sucks.
It's been going smooth for me on Washington server.

A lot of people talking about issues in chat though ; probably something happening somewhere but I wouldn't be so quick to blame GGG since it's smooth for some of us.

Earlier in the game’s life, I tried playing and had similar issues... Routing troubles that made the game unplayable. I just quit back then, as it was out of my control. I just came back maybe a month ago and now everything is pretty smooth. It sucks, but I’m not sure there is anything you can actually do. The problem is some where between you and GGG.
Same problems here on EU servers. Lag spikes since 3.2 (befor nothing)

My friends have the same issues - EU to.

Hope they will fix it soon :)
Last edited by Antikerhacks on Mar 16, 2018, 3:00:41 PM
I don't know what is causing it but I have zero lag, as do many others. I see a lot of chatter about it. Not sure if it's a GGG issue or no.

The thing is the people reporting lag are on all different servers which is suspicious.

Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info