Constant lag spikes make it unplayable

TRY TETHERING YOUR PHONE'S INTERNET AND USE THAT. IT DOESN'T USE MUCH DATA AT ALL AND IS TWICE AS FAST/SMOOTH AS MY CRAPPY cUrREnT yEAr 'FIBER' TIME WARNER
Last edited by varukers on Nov 10, 2018, 9:55:30 PM
the game works fine for me. but i have freezes during uber elder fights. i have no idea why
The seems game to run just fine for me with no latency issues what so ever except when I try to watch a video or a stream. Literally just pausing the video I'm watching causes the ping to stabilize between 16-32ms but the moment I unpause it I will see frequent spikes that make the game difficult to play.
"
Deceiver9811 wrote:
The seems game to run just fine for me with no latency issues what so ever except when I try to watch a video or a stream. Literally just pausing the video I'm watching causes the ping to stabilize between 16-32ms but the moment I unpause it I will see frequent spikes that make the game difficult to play.

BUT CHRIS SAID WE WERE SUPPOSED TO PLAY WHILE WE WATCH TV!!

I guess he didn't have IPTV in mind saying that :D
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
well same issues ... yesterday It was running in full details on ALL full .. today I couldnt get to TP .... rly I was 4 minuts TP lagging spiking all arround city ... after checking everything playing witcher3 tottalwarwarhammer 2 on full for 2 hours .. I got back to poe .. only to get ultra laggy try ... I left city and 3 mobs killed on my dmg returned to attaker .. I even didnt saw them only loot ..... 15-20 seconds lags .. unplayable ... had same isue in like atlas expansion. servers OP
i have the same i guess...
i7 7700K with corsair h100i
asus prime z270-a
corsair 32gb(2x16) 2400 cl16 ram running at 1333mhz i guess
asus rog strix gtx 1080
lg ultrawide uc98-w
samsung ssd 860 evo (windows installed)
sandisk sdssda240g (where the game installed)
and i have 2 storage hdds
win 10 pro

spec:

i recently returned to the game, and i get stutters and freezes with lockstep, so checked forums they told me to go predictive. it was fine for few days but now i cant even play for 5 mins mobs teleport places, die after some time and at the end i just roam the place with huge ms then afterwards die, i think this is desync.

so both modes didnt work, i was using wireless, went cable didnt change a thing.

i have a widescreen monitor, changed resolutions graphic settings, vsync, disabled freesync etc and nothing worked.

tried the game in both ssd drives also nothing changed.

any suggestions ?

edit: after reading more stuff, opened game in 64bit, it did help for a while, there were still lag spiked while i cast spells but it was barely visible, i wanted to check if turning off vsync would help and then all the bad stutters back and didnt go away after turning on the csync again and now the stutter is back.. so wierd..
I'm in SW Florida and my link goes to Atlanta (Qwest fiber) and then hands off to Networklayer (now IBM cloud) at the Atlanta NAP to go to wdc for the WDC realm. Last few days there was a massive DDOS attack on PoE (even the website was down) so playing at all was iffy. Today (Nov. 22, 2018... happy turkey day to all US players) is much better:

Averaging under 40 ms to WDC realm (normal latency for me).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Yup, London unplayable :( Seems like Blizzard is having its revenge and ddosing GGG servers ;(
playing from italy (N) all EU Servers getting spikes, and i get FPS spikes too with the lag spikes...
Getting spikes from Path of Exile and WOW.. here in West California. Using AT&T fiber. I am not sure what da hell is going on..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info