[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
SH1FT1 wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked.. What kind of modifications would I need to make to this build for it to be HC viable?

Too many. Would never do this build in HC
@JaymerJaymer

I can confirm that frostbomb doesn't do much :)

For whiling blades, the point is only to move fast, not to be your main source of damage. The skill is a real instant and does a tiny bit of damage, which I use to proc fortify. I don't think you can proc fortify with Dash. With Flame Dash, there is a small cast time which can be fatal, considering the build's defences.
Since I get one-shot by almost everything, I might ditch it, though. It'll need testing.
Also, whirling blade is a move, not a teleport, which can cause some problems if not careful.
Last edited by NunurZ on Jul 18, 2019, 4:32:42 AM
Replacement for rage? i don't like the stacking effect with having to cast a buff.

I've put fortify instead of rage for now cause it gives more damage on paper than melee physical support and perma forti is cool too but i know i should be getting fortify from whirling blades thats why im asking if there is a better support gem than fortify and melee (i have ruthless too but doesn't feel right for mapping).
Last edited by antyfacjata on Jul 18, 2019, 10:29:24 AM
"
antyfacjata wrote:
Replacement for rage? i don't like the stacking effect with having to cast a buff.

I've put fortify instead of rage for now cause it gives more damage on paper than melee physical support and perma forti is cool too but i know i should be getting fortify from whirling blades thats why im asking if there is a better support gem than fortify and melee (i have ruthless too but doesn't feel right for mapping).

I've looked at just about every other decent option, and as far as PoB is concerned, Fortify is the best overall. The only combo that beat it was to replace Ancestral call with multistrike, and fort with ruthless. That combo showed up as 1.2m effective DPS in PoB compared with 981k DPS with the standard gem setup (swapping rage with fort). Max rage gives 106k DPS, but there's that micromanagement :P

Rage beats fort once you get past 35 charges, but as you stated, maintaining 35 charges can be too much micromanagement for some. Me, I personally like having perm fort up. Multi+Ruth may be a decent swap for bosses tho. But I'll probably just swap in rage on bosses since I'll most likely maintain the charges needed for the better DPS.
@NunurZ and others

w.r.t. one-shot deaths

are you using a Starkonja?
Hey,

I got to level 90 witht his build and am wondering what maps to run for levelling further. What tiers / maps are safe? My gears pretty shit so im not sure what I can do consistently without dying
Could I switch the Belly for a Loreweave?
hey sry i i missed a few pages but what are the cons of the build , maps that cant run ?
I got trouble with T12 maps and above. I was able to do most of them but died often (like 40 times). Can someone check my gear and tell me where I can improve? Got like 3-4 exalted orbs.
"
Oknar90 wrote:
I got trouble with T12 maps and above. I was able to do most of them but died often (like 40 times). Can someone check my gear and tell me where I can improve? Got like 3-4 exalted orbs.

If you have max res and over 6k life then you should be ok. Just watch out for telegraphed one shots, not sure when else could kill you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info