[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

Loving this build, so much fun. Ty for writing this guide.

For the Ancestral Warchief (gem), the totem, do we keep it at level 10 or level it all the way? In the guide you don't mention it, but in the Path of Building it's listed at level 10.

Also do we want the Vaal version or just the regular?

Do you drop the totem for trash mobs or just special enemies?
Last edited by TurdFlingingApe on Jan 9, 2019, 10:58:40 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
How consistent is Hypothermia vs bosses T13-14 mainly?

According to wiki:
"
Chills inflicted by hits last for 2 seconds. The magnitude of the slow is directly proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life, equal to 30% slow at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Cold damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life to chill that enemy. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally chilling The Shaper requires a single hit of 66 000 cold damage.

I hope you kill a t13 boss with fewer than 300 hits.

Hmmmm... so basically it does nothing against the bosses since our single hits are not great?
"
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
How consistent is Hypothermia vs bosses T13-14 mainly?

According to wiki:
"
Chills inflicted by hits last for 2 seconds. The magnitude of the slow is directly proportional to the damage relative to the target's maximum life, equal to 30% slow at 10% of the target's maximum life dealt by Cold damage, scaling down to 0% at no damage. Hits below the minimum threshold of 1% effect are discarded, effectively requiring a hit of 0.33% enemy maximum life to chill that enemy. As an example, The Shaper has approximately 20 000 000 life. Minimally chilling The Shaper requires a single hit of 66 000 cold damage.

I hope you kill a t13 boss with fewer than 300 hits.

Hmmmm... so basically it does nothing against the bosses since our single hits are not great?

Depends on the boss, the map mods and your damage output.

Your crits should do enough damage, my gut says, but it's been a while since I played frost blades assassin.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Ooohhh never mind it works

"
A critical strike that deals elemental damage also inflicts elemental ailments

From wiki.

......Might go find a source of Lightning Damage now for the shock :D.
Last edited by magicdownunder on Jan 9, 2019, 4:38:59 PM
"
Loving this build, so much fun. Ty for writing this guide.

For the Ancestral Warchief (gem), the totem, do we keep it at level 10 or level it all the way? In the guide you don't mention it, but in the Path of Building it's listed at level 10.

Also do we want the Vaal version or just the regular?

Do you drop the totem for trash mobs or just special enemies?

Hi, Thanks for the kind words. As for your question, we use vaal warchief totem and we mostly use it for clearing either packs or bosses (You will learn when to use it and when not to use it.) For your other question, level 10 is only because getting strength with our gear is a little rough, if you can go higher, go higher.

Have fun.
Hello! thanks for writing the guide I had not played in a while and I am really enjoying it. Also just 6Linked my 1st chest!
Right now I'm lvl 88 and I can farm up to t11/t12 maps but still dying a bit to some bosses and syndicate.
What should I try to upgrade on my current gear?

Spoiler

Also do you have a skill tree for very end game? I have all the endgame tree / path of building nodes already

Thanks for the help!
"
......Might go find a source of Lightning Damage now for the shock :D.

It is very unlikely that you will find enough lightning damage on this build that you can apply shocks to bosses.

Shocks have an HP treshold similar to freeze/chill.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
bosow wrote:
Hello! thanks for writing the guide I had not played in a while and I am really enjoying it. Also just 6Linked my 1st chest!
Right now I'm lvl 88 and I can farm up to t11/t12 maps but still dying a bit to some bosses and syndicate.
What should I try to upgrade on my current gear?

Also do you have a skill tree for very end game? I have all the endgame tree / path of building nodes already

Thanks for the help!

Hi. Your gear is in a great state and its at the point where typically you can just farm currency for a new more expensive build or a chase item (Headhunter), so that is what I would recommend. You can't really expand the build damage wise for a suitable cost and nor does it make sense to.

As for the endgame tree, you can find that on the path of building. It goes up to 95, if I recall correctly.

Have fun.
Ok is there a build with similar playstyle you could recommend? would you reroll or respec? I'll have a look in details at the PoB tree maybe I skipped a branch or something. Thanks! and having tons of fun with the build so far (except when I die :p )
Hey! Any suggestions to upgrading gear?
I'm doing okay-ish with lvl 12 maps, but everything above seems tough.

Any suggestions welcome :)

saving up for that 6-link btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info