[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

Hello,
i'm a bit confused, because the PoB and the suggested Skill Gem Setup are different. In your explanation video you're also using a different setup in your second weapon.
"
Awà wrote:
Hello, i'm at the last act and i'm liking it so far. I got a quick question where do you get your endurance charge for immortal call ?

You don't get endurance charges with this build. Even with zero endurance charges immortal call gives .6 seconds of physical immunity.

"
Ami123 wrote:
Hello,
i'm a bit confused, because the PoB and the suggested Skill Gem Setup are different. In your explanation video you're also using a different setup in your second weapon.

Couldn't get the colors in time for the video. The gear in that video was hastily throw together. The path of building is right.

"
fuitudestos wrote:
Hi ! Have to say i fell in love with your build, i have an other character with i try to beat atziri/elder/shaper so i will give it a try in a week or two. In the meantime i have been thinking about your build, do you think atziri/elder/shaper and all other end-game bosses are beatable with a good setup ? And how many life do you think we need ?

And I was wondering too about belly of the beast, what do you think of perfect form instead ? We loose life and mainly cold resistance in exchange of a tons more of evasing rating + free artic armour + 30% dodge spell.

Anyway i love your build and your work, keep it this way ^^.

This build just won't ever do amazing against shaper / uber atziri. It's just a core flaw in the build from going super budget. The main stopping point is the life and slightly below average shaper DPS.

I feel in order to kill these bosses with ease and safety you'd need to fundamentally change the entire build. Its a jack of all trades build that excels more at the clear speed than boss killing.

The question about the belly of the beast isn't bad, but we really need the belly for the life. We only have 5K with it and without it would be close to 4.5K, which is just a mess IMO. Feel free to experiment and leave the results.
I didn't know that, thank you :D
Hey man, about lvl 70-ish now, and running into serious trouble.

Pros are that mob packs are awesome. It clears superfast without any trouble, but bosses are hell. I spend 5 minutes on t1 map bosses and spend nearly an hour on kitava.

The problem is since I'm SSF I don't have a lot of life or dmg, even though I tried to optimize the build. I also only have 4 links so can't gem swap a lot.

What would you swap out if you only had 4 links? is multi an option? what other skill could I consider leveling that has some synergies with our tree?

Thanks!
"
minamo99 wrote:
Hey man, about lvl 70-ish now, and running into serious trouble.

Pros are that mob packs are awesome. It clears superfast without any trouble, but bosses are hell. I spend 5 minutes on t1 map bosses and spend nearly an hour on kitava.

The problem is since I'm SSF I don't have a lot of life or dmg, even though I tried to optimize the build. I also only have 4 links so can't gem swap a lot.

What would you swap out if you only had 4 links? is multi an option? what other skill could I consider leveling that has some synergies with our tree?

Thanks!

Hey, this is probably gonna seem like a shitty reply, but I can't see your gear because you have your character tab listed private on the path of exile website. If you make it public by going to your profile and ticking the box, I can then help you.

Let me know when you do this please.

Heya, so I changed it, thanks :). Keep in mind it's a week old SSF char, so I dont have very good gear. I was thinking I might farm a tabula.

As for single target damage, I figured maybe leveling a viperstrike? since there is already synergy with the claw wheel and all
"
minamo99 wrote:
Heya, so I changed it, thanks :). Keep in mind it's a week old SSF char, so I dont have very good gear. I was thinking I might farm a tabula.

As for single target damage, I figured maybe leveling a viperstrike? since there is already synergy with the claw wheel and all

Okay so yea, You definitely want to get rid of that amulet asap. You don't need the crit chance increase as were already capped, so its only weakening you. A lot of your passive tree is misused and I'm not talking about jewels / extra nodes you took, I mean like keeping the leech nodes by duelist, taking poision nodes in the soul raker area, that kinda stuff. I highly recommend you look at the path of building and compare skill trees to see what you can optimize about the build. Other than than you definitely probably do want to just farm out a tabula, might be a bit boring, but that would save you so much time in the long run.

Also right know, since you only have 1 high physical DPS claw, every other attack is basically a dud. Fixing that will improve DPS massively, but I know it's hard as your playing SSF.

So basically my advice boiled down is probably just farm out some aqueducts to replace your ammy, your chestplate with hopefully a tabula or some other 5 link, and compare passive trees to improve point distribution.
Yep I will definitely need better Armour. Cards aren’t dropping great atm. Il try dropping some points at rake and find a better Amulet. I’m currently rushing towards bloodless wheel for more life. Bit of an investment but I don’t see A other way do you? Thanks for the help so far.
I maybe find a way to improve this build against boss.

The good news : it only cost 1 more point in the skill tree.

The bad news : We need a unique jewel which cost actually 11 ex on poe trade.

With this change we have around 5.8 K life and 1.5 M SINGLE TARGET DPS.

How do we do this ? We use Dual Strike instead of Frostblades.

Since this is a cold build and Dual Strike is 100% physical, we need to have this jewel : https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Watcher's_Eye with the modifier % physical converted to cold while affected by hatred.

The max roll is 40% + 40% from tree we are at 80% cold 20% physical which is enough.

Since we do not use Frostblades anymore we can replace the second jewel by this https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Anatomical_Knowledge to improve our life.

Here is the path of building link : https://pastebin.com/9q9iVgck

If we need more dps, i think we could use a amulet with the corrupted modifier "enemies can have 1 more curse" and add frostbite on the curse on hit skill group

Edit : I try with dual strike because it's the same support gem than frostblade, but maybe another skill can do more.
Last edited by fuitudestos on Sep 12, 2018, 7:13:07 AM
Yea that kind of destroys the budget idea huh. I’d like to see a variant of the tree with more life if possible

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info