[3.9] Frostblades Assassin SSF Viable. 1M+ DPS w/ Budget gear! League starter! Insane Clear Speed

"
romaen wrote:
Hello!

First of all, thanks for posting your build - it looks rly nice!

If it doesn‘t take too much time, could you tell me the stat priorities on rare items like amulet, rings and jewels?

Thanks a lot!

Hi. Stat priorities are typically found in the path of building based on the gear in it.

However this is what I recommend.

Gloves are Life, Res , Attack speed.

Rings, Life, res, elemental with attacks, physical damage.

Amulet, Life, elemental damage with attacks, Crit multiplier.

Boots, Life res, (quality of life, Movement speed)

Belt, Life Res, Elemental damage with attacks.

Good luck.
Last edited by Reloads on Sep 2, 2018, 12:22:12 PM
Thank you very much!
I'm still pretty new to this game, but picking things up quick. I've been playing around with this build and I like it a lot!

Can someone tell me how the (Herald Of ice - Curse On hit - Assassin's mark - Hatred) combo works? From what I've read about Curse on Hit it needs to link to a skill that hits enemies but as far as I know none of them do that. Does Hatred count?
"
Zrinja101 wrote:
I'm still pretty new to this game, but picking things up quick. I've been playing around with this build and I like it a lot!

Can someone tell me how the (Herald Of ice - Curse On hit - Assassin's mark - Hatred) combo works? From what I've read about Curse on Hit it needs to link to a skill that hits enemies but as far as I know none of them do that. Does Hatred count?

Hi. This is a common question and to be fair the game does not explain it very well at all. Herald of ice gives you damage as it's primary benefit, but the secondary effect is little ice explosions (basically the shattering sound you hear while playing). We use these explosions to curse other enemies. Hatred is just a aura that gives DPS, so no damage comes from the aura itself.
Hey, so this build feels really good. I'm now lvl 79, but I feel like my DPS won't get better. Mobs start to tank a few hits even at T4 maps. I don't know on what I should focus next, just got a 5L belly (added cold still lvl 1)

I think you can see my char, not sure if i have the right settings.

(I know i have to change helmet, and so change my entire gear to cap res :p but i don't think this will get the dps you show on PoB)
Last edited by Ulkio on Sep 4, 2018, 4:27:13 AM
"
Ulkio wrote:
Hey, so this build feels really good. I'm now lvl 79, but I feel like my DPS won't get better. Mobs start to tank a few hits even at T4 maps. I don't know on what I should focus next, just got a 5L belly (added cold still lvl 1)

I think you can see my char, not sure if i have the right settings.

(I know i have to change helmet, and so change my entire gear to cap res :p but i don't think this will get the dps you show on PoB)

A lot of your gear is pretty trash. Also you have the hatred linked on curse on hit, it should be herald of ice. Better rings would help, a atziri's promise flask would do wonders, leveling is needed for the frenzy's, and just better gear in general. The character is budget, but it still does require a bit of investment (20-40 chaos) to make it work extremely well. Mobs really shouldn't be tanking anything at your level. This build clears in 1 shot typically to t10 maps with budget gear.

If this doesn't help, let me know. Wrote this at 5Am so really tired.
Yeah it was basic gear to get 75% for early mapping, with a goldrim

I am missing something, why do we need herald of ice linked with a curse on hit ?

Edit : nvm I get it
Last edited by Ulkio on Sep 4, 2018, 7:02:27 AM
So I've been using this as my league start, and enjoying it quite a bit (Touch of Anguish being so cheap has made it very easy to get going).

I'm not really a fan of Golems, so I've been messing around with the build in PoB to replace it.

What I ended up with was dropping frost bomb from the IC link you had in PoB (not sure if this was intentional?) and creating a separate 3link + ruthless for it.

I ended up doing a 2nd CoH set up with Frostbite, since I think it would give more single target dps as our crit chance and multi is so high already. It has a high int requirement at level 20, but since we dont care about it doing damage, it doesn't really matter what level you keep it at.

I ended up with 945k dps without the bonus crit stats from Ambush and assassinate, using the same gear and tree.
Last edited by Ndog921 on Sep 4, 2018, 9:41:32 AM
"
Ndog921 wrote:
So I've been using this as my league start, and enjoying it quite a bit (Touch of Anguish being so cheap has made it very easy to get going).

I'm not really a fan of Golems, so I've been messing around with the build in PoB to replace it.

What I ended up with was dropping frost bomb from the IC link you had in PoB (not sure if this was intentional?) and creating a separate 3link + ruthless for it.

I ended up doing a 2nd CoH set up with Frostbite, since I think it would give more single target dps as our crit chance and multi is so high already. It has a high int requirement at level 20, but since we dont care about it doing damage, it doesn't really matter what level you keep it at.

I ended up with 945k dps without the bonus crit stats from Ambush and assassinate, using the same gear and tree.

Frostbomb is pretty helpful, but you can get rid of it. Personally what I did last league is use summon ice golem, level 20 CWDT, and vaal double strike in one of my claws. I don't show this in the path of building because if your not lazy it is not good.
Last edited by Reloads on Sep 4, 2018, 12:03:43 PM
This is a amazing league starter I'm having so much fun. However I'm finding I'm too squishy at 4.7k Life.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Any tip would be appreciated and thanks for the build guide :P

Edit: I completed Uber Lab and got leech on boots :P Got 6l with under 300 fuses and a nice ring upgrade I think.
Last edited by Erichan on Sep 5, 2018, 8:01:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info