3.2 RIP Zerphi?

"

Nerf works! We'll see just how well though!

Nice!

Well I think it'll certainly help vs. the zerphi EA guys, and DEFINITELY help in league.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Zerphi is still completely broken though. All this really changed was make them a bit more vulnerable right after they start attacking for the first time.

The sad part is though that now they have an impenetrable "life regen" for a few seconds after they stop attacking and start moving. This actually makes the new zerphi better than the old one in quite a few scenarios. Now zerphi users dont really have a truly vulnerable moment anymore as they constantly regen like crazy.

Now zerphi chars attack in place behind a corner for a sec or two, charge at you with crazy life regen and then its all the same shit over again.

Far from nerfed to the ground unfortunately..
Last edited by lapiz on Mar 1, 2018, 1:57:24 AM
Fevered mind should have been nerfed too (limited to 1).

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

"
lapiz wrote:

Now zerphi chars attack in place behind a corner for a sec or two, charge at you with crazy life regen and then its all the same shit over again.

QOF zerphi melee incoming
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 1, 2018, 1:52:47 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
Fevered mind should have been nerfed too (limited to 1).

It's a bad idea as it would kill so many other (actually nice) things. Also it wouldn't probably kill zerphi entirely as there are quite a few ways to affect your mana cost these days.

WTS Legacy Zerphy for 1 billion mirror ^^
"
lapiz wrote:
Zerphi is still completely broken though. All this really changed was make them a bit more vulnerable right after they start attacking for the first time.

The sad part is though that now they have an impenetrable "life regen" for a few seconds after they stop attacking and start moving. This actually makes the new zerphi better than the old one in quite a few scenarios. Now zerphi users dont really have a truly vulnerable moment anymore as they constantly regen like crazy.

Far from nerfed to the ground unfortunately..

Assuming multiple heals stack. I didn't take time to test it with the mana gain corruptions which have the same wording.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I tested what we have right now, the mana gain corrupted implicits (which have the same wording as zerphi will get), and those stack both in amount and speed, and they don't turn off at full mana, which is the best (wrost?) scenario.

IF zerphi will work the same way, we might be looking at a zerphi buff lol:

1. the heal is not capped by maximum life, previously because it was instant you could only heal up to your maximum life per attack/cast, and the amount over that was lost. Now as over time you can stack mana cost higher and benefit from it if you are taking very high damage.

2. you can sustain DoT effects much better now, previously if you had a very strong DoT on you which dealt your whole life pool between two of your attacks you died to it, but now if you have enough heal amount you can even be immune to it. This allows you to sustain Blood Rage and Righteous Fire without any drawback at all, you won't drop from full life at all after stopping attacking for 2-3 seconds depending on how much you heal.

3. you won't be completely vulnerable when moving or if stunned, you cannot be locked down in a position as before, you can be much more mobile, but the longer you move and not attack the more vulnerable you get over time.

the drawback:
your heal has a 4 second build up time until it becomes maximised, so you have to know when you gonna take damage and start attacking a few seconds before. Also if you use blood magic you drop significant amount of life at the start, so thats when you are the most vulnerable.

IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Mar 2, 2018, 9:50:10 AM
It also could be affected by generic 'life recovery rate' of Trickster, Soul of Arakaali, vitality Watcher's Eye etc. Depends on wording but…
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
Márkusz wrote:

Spoiler
I tested what we have right now, the mana gain corrupted implicits (which have the same wording as zerphi will get), and those stack both in amount and speed, and they don't turn off at full mana, which is the best (wrost?) scenario.

IF zerphi will work the same way, we might be looking at a zerphi buff lol:

1. the heal is not capped by maximum life, previously because it was instant you could only heal up to your maximum life per attack/cast, and the amount over that was lost. Now as over time you can stack mana cost higher and benefit from it if you are taking very high damage.

2. you can sustain DoT effects much better now, previously if you had a very strong DoT on you which dealt your whole life pool between two of your attacks you died to it, but now if you have enough heal amount you can even be immune to it. This allows you to sustain Blood Rage and Righteous Fire without any drawback at all, you won't drop from full life at all after stopping attacking for 2-3 seconds depending on how much you heal.

3. you won't be completely vulnerable when moving or if stunned, you cannot be locked down in a position as before, you can be much more mobile, but the longer you move and not attack the more vulnerable you get over time.

the drawback:
your heal has a 4 second build up time until it becomes maximised, so you have to know when you gonna take damage and start attacking a few seconds before. Also if you use blood magic you drop significant amount of life at the start, so thats when you are the most vulnerable.

Let s say the devs/balance team seen your video+build, they proceed to nerf it because of that. But, they nerf it the way you seem to fear it could be (hidden buff).

Why would they then butcher the nerf to make it even stronger?

This would imply they have no idea how the item work!? I mean they test it and see it is broken and think : wow lads let s make it even stronger!

Or they just seen the build and thought: "fuck insta life gain, let s make it over time" without thinking or even looking how the build work. Like their only reason for nerf was insta heal and not how broken the build is?

So are they incompetent?

It would be crazy if this nerf was a buff.Would be even crazier if it appear the people taking care of balance have no idea about their own game mechanics.

Frankly I can t imagine this is like that, I hope they did avoid the stacking and bypass max life cap. It would be fucked up if they did not. I mean they should then hire you as an internal tester because the one they have would be really out of touch with the game.
Poe Pvp experience
Last edited by Head_Less on Mar 2, 2018, 10:51:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info