Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

I feel spoiled, I hit 90 on my first drop.
I have not hit 9 but 8-8.5 about 6 times.
I may have to see about doing the grind again.
I leveled 2 characters in the mid-80s with her.
You have me thinking now...

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I feel as though a glowing, occasionally snarky sword might be a good companion in the darkness...
Spoiler

yeah, that's my totally not subtle way of saying I'll be giving Delve a go. The fact that the cart slows down and lights the path behind you has me old at least on a 'give it a go' level. I HATED the countdown in Incursion, but there's a sense of 'go your own pace' to how the crawler works, and the fact that once you finish a level it keeps the path illuminated behind you for more thorough backtracking and checking of side areas/corridors meshes with my preferred playstyle.

I also think these new craftable currency items *might* be a little less low-level power creepy than the incursion rares, given they increase the level req to equip the item significantly.

And I have to admit, the new lighting looks really pretty.

All in all, it's still free and what's the worst that can happen? I don't like it, so I uninstall again. I've convinced myself I no longer need to support the game financially (keeping up with titles is fun but given I have the one title no other regular poster does, that should suffice for my e-peen, eh?), so there's literally nothing to lose in trying Delve other than a little time.

I too agree that if we can gain access to Niko the Mad early (like we did with Alva) that a 6 link sword that glows in the dark (yes, I read that item effects won't help in that way to cheat death) would be the perfect item to have, whatever build (obviously non-bow) I go with (maybe the new Smite Guardian?). Too early to tell and until the patch notes drop on the 29th (always the Wednesday before the Friday 5:00 pm EST launch) I won't make a final decision.

GGG should get you to script some new dialogue for Delve league expansion. I wonder if the fact that GGG is officially calling this an expansion will that mean we can expect this to become a permanent feature of PoE whether or not this works well?

Good for you to give the dungeon at least a little try. We really shouldn't bash on any game feature just because it isn't on our "top ten PoE game features desired" list. Dismissing a game feature without having tried it out is bad form.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 10, 2018, 11:16:40 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Thanks for scharing.

I will probably Hunt Her again.

...cut...

I know how it works, i have like 5 of OG in prev leagues. This thread? Look who started it ;) But THX for all the advice, from my experience it goes like this:

1. 5 hunters.
2. Reach lvl7 then hunt only Hillock.
3. Play something interestiong in background or some stand ups and.... make it happen.
Don't worry she will protect you from the darkness.
While burning you from the inside.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
DoubleU wrote:
I feel spoiled, I hit 90 on my first drop.
I have not hit 9 but 8-8.5 about 6 times.
I may have to see about doing the grind again.
I leveled 2 characters in the mid-80s with her.
You have me thinking now...

Me too on thinking for the Delve build. I tried Frost Bolt totem Hierophant as my first Incursion build and it got me through 10 acts nice and easy but I never got it up to the speed required for incursion runs. So I rolled a second build, went full meta with Arc Trapper Saboteur, bought my pseudo 6-link arc trapper weapon (Mirebough Gnarled Branch), and could/can race through the temple nice and easy sometimes getting the timer over 40 secs. and had a blast until I burned out on speed racing.

Once I fully understand how Smite works I'll want to see if the new Smite Guardian could make good use of an Oni Goroshi without proccing Her Embrace (Smite is extra lightning damage to go with the melee attack so no fire unless I do conversion). Maybe the Magma Orb can light up the dark to see the dungeon creatures. The rework of Dominating Blow may also be worth a look when the patch notes drop. My knowledge level of PoE has finally leveled up to where I can theory craft in PoB easily enough (not like top streamers but well enough) and that makes me eager to have a go at the denizens of the dark.

Whatever build I do decide to go with I'll want to take the time and farm one sword to get started right with a 6-link weapon. This may also be the perfect time to do that in SSF Delve. I'm seeing good times ahead and the 31th is perfect expansion starting date with the Labor Day weekend.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
de99ial wrote:
...cut...

Oh... right. I knew you had made this thread but was in a different thought bubble at the time with a level 9 farmer, wanting to complete my 4 sword perfecta (come on uber Hillock, please come out and play with me already... enough of your shyness!), and also being pissed that where I live the waters are polluted with toxic algae, that I mental lapsed out on who made that simple post. No worries as any new players can come and see that there is a good reason to go for the sword and tough it out and not get zombied out by the level 7 and 8 time grind.

The 4th and final farmer gets to play with uber Hillock, Hurray!...

Spoiler

The dance of death begins again:

Here, play with my fireball...

Oh that sword has got to hurt... let me end your suffering...

uber Hillock is dead, now to retrieve the sword... oh do please die you nasties!

Poor uber Hillock is finally put out of his misery. All those arrows and that big sword tortured him something fierce. Such mixed emotions about his death though. Now no one is left to play with me... SIGH!

More completely dead nasties that will need to be buried. At least she is another member of the Twilight Strand Level 9 Beach Club so another person to do beach cleanup is always welcome.  :)

The Charan Sword perfecta is now complete (4 farmer rotation = 4 Oni Goroshi swords):

The 4 farmers levels to uber Hillock are:

I screwed up and left her AFK a few times so the time (see top pic) is wrong. Like my other level 9 farmers I estimate that it's just under 7 hours.

Grind to uber Hillock ranges from level 7.78 to level 9.08. The over-level xp penalty is clearly painful.

Here's the loot on the last farmer:

I'm finished for Incursion league.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 12, 2018, 7:37:18 PM
2 words Arrowneus - DIVINE ORB
"
DoubleU wrote:
2 words Arrowneus - DIVINE ORB

At least the 90% crit chance one... NO WAIT! I have 3 divines... "randomizes the numeric values of the random properties on an item". So I should divine my 72% crit to get a better roll, yes?

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 12, 2018, 7:43:22 PM
EDIT - Gratz btw for the 4th Sword :)

This one was Divined from 75.
Last edited by DoubleU on Aug 12, 2018, 7:43:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info