Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Has Charan or anyone tried Onigoroshi?

Itami Onigoroshi is a refined sake from Itami, the historical birthplace of sake with more than 450 years of brewing tradition. It is pleasantly aromatic, ultra-dry and light with mellow citrus notes.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
If you gonna use OG on char that dropped her you wont hear all dialogues - there is one at level 5 and it will be missed for obvious reasons.

ah, no there isnt. first level up dialogue is at 10. Unless GGG wrote and recorded a line I didnt know about. Not really their MO.

So You telling me when i dropped OG then took and use it in new char and she speaks at level 5 i was hallucinating? Fascinating. Test it, i guess You have at least one. 5 lvl is fast.
Tested, nothing at lvl 5.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Hm.. I could swore i heard something during past leagues that got my attention. Well then my mistake.
Yeah well i could swore i heard some line there after reaching 5 and it was the exact thought that went trought my mind - whats the point?

My mistake already recognised it. But we both should be thanking him because he saved Your time and attention.
"
de99ial wrote:
Yeah well i could swore i heard some line there after reaching 5 and it was the exact thought that went trought my mind - whats the point?

It may have been from killing a rare mob. *shrugs*
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I really cannot recall now.
That was a good DOH! lapse of memory moment by de99ial. If I'm using the farmed sword on the same character that dropped it I'm already into at least level 7 to get Uber Hillock to come and play with me so there is no way possible to have level 5 Oni-sword dialogue. See my 2 times playing with Uber Hillock here.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

3rd out of a 4 Incursion League Oni sword farmer rotation:

Another day and level 8 on the Strand Beach. How much more sand to pound? Ubur Hillock!... uber Hilly!... won't you please come out and play with me?

Nothing, no sign of uber Hillock today. But what's this?:

Slay an enemy that is simultaneously Ignited, Shocked, and Frozen. Now that's new.

Uber Hillock, won't you please come out and play? Ah, there you finally are. Oh goodie goodie... what fun we will have today playing the spiral dance of death...

Oh my!... reached level 8 at 2 hours, 18 minutes, and 11 seconds. Pounding sand in level 8 is so boring and monotonous.

Oh my!... you are a very big brute...
Take that...

...and that...

...and that...

Yikes! Leapin' Lizzards!!! ... must run away.

Thank you uber Hillock... I had such a wonderful time at the beach today. I am truly sorry you didn't fair so well. But you just wouldn't give me the sword when I asked politely. Such brutish behavior.

At last, another beautiful Charan's Sword.

Finally, after pounding sand on 10 swords RNGesus smiles upon me and I get a 90% crit roll. This takes me out of the "I ain't found shit" for combing the beach for awhile. Now for the last farmer and the Oni sword perfecta (a sword for all 4 farmers... probably another Level 9 beach club member... sigh!).

All Oni farmers have a great day. Don't let the beach grind wear you out. Make sure you use very high SPF lotion, the UV index is at 10.  :)

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

ah, no there isnt. first level up dialogue is at 10. Unless GGG wrote and recorded a line I didnt know about. Not really their MO.

So You telling me when i dropped OG then took and use it in new char and she speaks at level 5 i was hallucinating? Fascinating. Test it, i guess You have at least one. 5 lvl is fast.

"
DoubleU wrote:
Tested, nothing at lvl 5.

"
de99ial wrote:
Hm.. I could swore i heard something during past leagues that got my attention. Well then my mistake.

You should thank DoubleU for saving you from my wrath at your unwarranted attitude and condescension.

I knew from the start you wouldn't be getting this sword realistically before level 5, so why would there be a voice sample for that threshold? That shit isn't free, yknow. Each line cost (quick math) over 25 bucks USD.

So I took my latest Oni-sword and on a new Duelist proceeded. Level 4, 5, 6, and at about 70% in level 7 I got "everything burns". Nothing in level 8 even killing the grandaddy crab in the Flooded depths. Then hit level 9 on Ledge:

Destroyed Kuduku:

and got: "A false god is no match for a real Goddess".

Edit: Final test, I ran through with a new character trying to avoid everything (it's harder than you would think) and got to Kuduku at level 4 and got the sword voice dialogue so the sword voice is tied to the event (destroying Kuduku) and not the level.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 8, 2018, 12:25:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info