Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

I think GGG didn't take a major factor into account when they made these changes. Bots.

Making Oni more of an ordeal. Fine. Making it possible for RNG to frustrate people for days with nothing to show for it. Lame, but whatever. Doing it in an area that is easy bot pickings who will endlessly farm it and tank the price of the weapon in trade. Not ok.

The problem as I see it: Unless you like hanging out in strand or want a feather in your cap, there is no reason to farm this weapon. Ever. Thanks to the economy, farming this weapon will always be less efficient than simply farming currency and buying it after doing an activity you actually enjoy. If you're unlucky, you'll spend days not progressing at all. A dry spell in mapping isn't so bad because you make plenty of progress on many things. In strand, you get nothing.

Nothing but the realization that you could already have traded for the weapon and be in end game simply by playing normally so long as you don't mind feeding the bots.

Needless to say, I regret.
6 shadows at over lvl 7 1/2. Nothing yet. Regretting. So far, no progress in game.

2nd Oni dropped at 4 hrs 37 min for my character.

Total hrs: ~16 hours for 2 swords across 4 characters

Still trying to get Oni on my 3rd and 4th to wrap things up but the urgency is no longer there since I have 2 of them for the build that I will be playing.
No love for Dialla.

No love..........
"
LordCeruleus wrote:

The problem as I see it: Unless you like hanging out in strand or want a feather in your cap, there is no reason to farm this weapon. Ever. Thanks to the economy, farming this weapon will always be less efficient than simply farming currency and buying it after doing an activity you actually enjoy. If you're unlucky, you'll spend days not progressing at all. A dry spell in mapping isn't so bad because you make plenty of progress on many things. In strand, you get nothing.

If everybody would think that way there would be no OG to buy. So some of us are farming because of lots of reasons and some dont.

3 scions on 7 one way over half lvl 4th deleted because it already dropped OG.

Still hunting for 2nd.
"
de99ial wrote:
"
LordCeruleus wrote:

If everybody would think that way there would be no OG to buy. So some of us are farming because of lots of reasons and some dont.

3 scions on 7 one way over half lvl 4th deleted because it already dropped OG.

Still hunting for 2nd.

There would be Oni's to buy, they'd simply be coming from the automated sources controlling the prices.

four lvl8 rangers. Last two levels killing nothing but Hillock. Nothing :(
Just got mine to drop after about ~4 hours total. My Scions were all lvl 6 with 51 minutes on two of them, and 1 hour on the other two. Debating if I should try to ride my beginner's luck wave to more swords, or just start leveling a character using it. I'm not 100% on the character I want to level with it yet. Any suggestions?
First one dropped. 4 rangers, lvl 8.05

Also, with a ranger, hillock is a chump. If you kite him at the edge of the screen, he doesn't jump or spawn adds. I might feel bad for him if he'd shown up twelve hours ago.

Last edited by LordCeruleus on Mar 4, 2018, 3:00:09 AM
There was nothing easy about that drop. You could get lucky and find one early. Or RNG might kick you in a sensitive area.
Farmed with 3 duelists.

1st dropped 3hrs. 11min @8.06

2nd dropped 4hrs. 13min @8.19

Now I'm done and ready to play the league. Good luck everybody.
Bachelor, UNC fan, terrible guitar player, doggy daddy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info