Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
vayha wrote:
2x lvl 8 scions
2x lvl 7 and 95% scions
still no drop... :(
bummer. I'm still grinding too.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
"
vayha wrote:
2x lvl 8 scions
2x lvl 7 and 95% scions
still no drop... :(
bummer. I'm still grinding too.

same here
Got one 7 hours in, GF got one 9 hours in.
no thx. if i want one i can buy one. they aren't even that expensive.
didn't like the sword much either. the constant degen is highly annoying.
4 x lvl 8 scions. Each played about 3,5 h = 14h total. Still no Oni-Goroshi.
"
Zygwen wrote:
Got one 7 hours in, GF got one 9 hours in.

At what level and % into it?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Finally got one on day 2, level 7.28, 4 x scion all above level 7, play time around 2 hour 15min each.

If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
I ended up farming about 8 or 9 before 3.2, 5 or 6 in abysss and 3 more before the 3.2 changes hit.

While I really liked having a practical guarantee on a six link, I never could complete the farm start to finish, it was just too dull. The last batch I did maybe only had 3 hours or a lil more on each, but they were done over the span of days to break up the monotony.

I thought the old farm was within reason - given the time it took for the old system and delaying that further, I have no interest in doing it in beastiary - I don't plan on running anything that would use it and I don't think the grind is gonna be worth the payout anymore.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

I thought the old farm was within reason - given the time it took for the old system and delaying that further, I have no interest in doing it in beastiary - I don't plan on running anything that would use it and I don't think the grind is gonna be worth the payout anymore.

From what I see from global 1, most people getting it in 10-15 hour range, which is at least double before nerf. As for whether this worth it, I think there are two aspect of this.

First is this item is for end game, 6L, level along with the character. Its a easy match 700dps 2 hand item in end game. Cost of those item is way more than the Oni itself. Day 2 now and oni cost 40-50c. Question is in 2 days playing, can you grind 40-50c? If yes the farming this is 100% not worth it. That saying, the price could drop as more and more people putting up for sale.

Second aspect is more to do with personal challenge, whether you can endue such long boring play for many hours. For me the whole reason for grinding oni in 3.2 even after nerf is more a personal challenge, it's also to feel how much they really nerf it. As feeling I think before 3.2 post level 7, its around 8-10% encounter rate. But in 3.2 its more like 2-3% encounter rate (may be even less).

I would suggest GGG to formulate the encounter rate, post level 7 + 1% more, and post level 8 + 2% more and so on. People hit level 9 without a drop is really sucks. There should be a reward for long grind without a touch of RNG.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Last edited by Ukanta on Mar 3, 2018, 10:42:59 PM
2 of my friends and me decided to farm it but didn't expect ggg to go absulutely mental on the spawn rate.

Our lvls:

8, 8, 8, 8
8, 8, 7.6, 7.6, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5
7.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5

Farmed over 60h combined by now (we only killed Hillock since lvl 5 btw)

Oni-Goroshi total: 0

Tabulas total: 2

Readbeaks: 4

Wanderlusts: 3

Other shit uniques: A lot

RIP

PS: I farm with 4 Scions with +10% ms boots, +9% ms nodes, +onslaught

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info