[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

Saw ur flowchart, currently very confused on the auras still.

Got a Impresence, and shud I run Hatred or Anger?? I'm sure if Hatred is still good since we are full fire damage isnt it?
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:

I'm up to level 89, and am playing on a variant of the RT tree. The molten strike variant's working reasonably well for me. MS's DPS was high enough to repeatedly melt T15 Kitava a few days ago, T13 Elder clobbered me last night; but that's on me because I didn't play the last league and wasn't paying attention to the mechanics at lower levels when I could just facetank it.

For clearing trash even with 2 non-DPS gems in my 4 link (fortify and inc AOE) anything less than high life T14 blue packs will die in a single cyclone pass.

The biggest challenge with gearing is that I'm heavily restricted on sockets, and needed to use a one on a ring to get everything I need.

Spoiler

I've got about 8-9ex of currency on hand for potential upgrades (mostly thanks to a doctor card dropping). I'm debating between saving up for an enchanted Devoto's and 6L Belly (want to do them together to avoid the big hit in my life from the Starkonja to Devoto swap), or spreading wide on a number of smaller upgrades. A few DPS jewels for on the tree, a second piece of socketed jewelry so I'd have the sockets to run a high level CWDT for my golem (at low levels even trash kill it all the time, and self-cast means that like the totem I only remember at the start of boss fights), possibly perseverance so I can put a second damage gem into my cyclone setup. All of those except the jewels would need additional gear upgrades to maintain my resists.

Between Devoto enchant and 6L Belly, definitely go for 6L Belly as it will give you 40% more damage.

There is no way a helm enchant can compete with a 6L.

I already have a cheap 6L (87 life, 94 total resists); so the 6L Belly won't do anything for me DPS wise. The reason I'm only considering Belly+Devoto as a package is that I want to avoid a major regression in total life that would come from replacing Starkonja with Devoto. Even if I still have "enough life" (and there's no such thing) it's a QoL regression that feels really bad.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Summoner wrote:

I'm up to level 89, and am playing on a variant of the RT tree. The molten strike variant's working reasonably well for me. MS's DPS was high enough to repeatedly melt T15 Kitava a few days ago, T13 Elder clobbered me last night; but that's on me because I didn't play the last league and wasn't paying attention to the mechanics at lower levels when I could just facetank it.

For clearing trash even with 2 non-DPS gems in my 4 link (fortify and inc AOE) anything less than high life T14 blue packs will die in a single cyclone pass.

The biggest challenge with gearing is that I'm heavily restricted on sockets, and needed to use a one on a ring to get everything I need.

Spoiler

I've got about 8-9ex of currency on hand for potential upgrades (mostly thanks to a doctor card dropping). I'm debating between saving up for an enchanted Devoto's and 6L Belly (want to do them together to avoid the big hit in my life from the Starkonja to Devoto swap), or spreading wide on a number of smaller upgrades. A few DPS jewels for on the tree, a second piece of socketed jewelry so I'd have the sockets to run a high level CWDT for my golem (at low levels even trash kill it all the time, and self-cast means that like the totem I only remember at the start of boss fights), possibly perseverance so I can put a second damage gem into my cyclone setup. All of those except the jewels would need additional gear upgrades to maintain my resists.

Between Devoto enchant and 6L Belly, definitely go for 6L Belly as it will give you 40% more damage.

There is no way a helm enchant can compete with a 6L.

I already have a cheap 6L (87 life, 94 total resists); so the 6L Belly won't do anything for me DPS wise. The reason I'm only considering Belly+Devoto as a package is that I want to avoid a major regression in total life that would come from replacing Starkonja with Devoto. Even if I still have "enough life" (and there's no such thing) it's a QoL regression that feels really bad to me.

Edit: My current Starkonja's also has the cyclone enchant, so that'd be a wash on the upgrade too. Mostly I want the Devoto's for the increased movement speed while cycloning.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Mar 29, 2018, 6:29:04 AM
Thanks again op! Have cleared allmost all content with this now (no chayla or uber elder)

Did not try Effigon, mainly cuz i made a quick check for new rings and amulet and found some very nice pieces for fair price, so went to ele overload.
And damn the damage is crazy! Ive had some crazy spectral throw and wander/bow builds with nice barrage damages(2-5mil). Ofc this doesnt go as far as those in damage, but for the budget only thing that was multiple exalts was 6link loreweave, everything else im wearing ive found/made myself with beastcrafting or bought for about 1 ex piece.
And tankiness with loreweave, wise oak (balanced res) and granite flask, was able to tank uber atziris single flameblast with wise oak up, about 6.2k life.

The build is very versatile, u can even go for mf with gloves/boots/rings/amulet and blast through mid to low high tier maps with it easily and fast if you choose the right layout.

so what i must improve now? cyclone enchant + taste of hate?
"
Missfatty wrote:
Hey,

i just started Mapping and im having a blast with this build.
But i really struggeling with movementspeed. Any suggestions?
Woulb be really thankful!

Devoto + Bronn + 30% movement speed boots + quick silver flask will help.

"
Stargardts wrote:
6L bronn 2-2-2 or 5L loreweave 2R-1G-2B ?

Elemental Overload spec with 88% hit

6L Bronn has the highest damage output for Cyclone. It will beat even 6L Loreweave. So if you have a 6L Bronn, go for that.

88% chance to hit is okay but if possible, aim for 90%.

"
invoker232 wrote:
Saw ur flowchart, currently very confused on the auras still.

Got a Impresence, and shud I run Hatred or Anger?? I'm sure if Hatred is still good since we are full fire damage isnt it?

As shown in the flow chart, you will run Anger if you have Watcher's Eye. Otherwise, you will run Hatred.

Chieftain do not use Avatar of Fire so you gain 100% cold damage from Hatred.

"
Summoner wrote:

I already have a cheap 6L (87 life, 94 total resists); so the 6L Belly won't do anything for me DPS wise. The reason I'm only considering Belly+Devoto as a package is that I want to avoid a major regression in total life that would come from replacing Starkonja with Devoto. Even if I still have "enough life" (and there's no such thing) it's a QoL regression that feels really bad.

You can also consider Starkonja + Bronn. Though you will still suffer some drop in life pool but you will gain more damage in the event.

"
DeGyrst wrote:
Thanks again op! Have cleared allmost all content with this now (no chayla or uber elder)

Did not try Effigon, mainly cuz i made a quick check for new rings and amulet and found some very nice pieces for fair price, so went to ele overload.
And damn the damage is crazy! Ive had some crazy spectral throw and wander/bow builds with nice barrage damages(2-5mil). Ofc this doesnt go as far as those in damage, but for the budget only thing that was multiple exalts was 6link loreweave, everything else im wearing ive found/made myself with beastcrafting or bought for about 1 ex piece.
And tankiness with loreweave, wise oak (balanced res) and granite flask, was able to tank uber atziris single flameblast with wise oak up, about 6.2k life.

The build is very versatile, u can even go for mf with gloves/boots/rings/amulet and blast through mid to low high tier maps with it easily and fast if you choose the right layout.

Very nice accomplishment and you have really nice gears. Especially that Woe Medallion amulet.

Since it has an open suffix, you can even craft Aspect of the Cat on it.

"
Beskaius wrote:
Spoiler

so what i must improve now? cyclone enchant + taste of hate?

Besides helm enchant and Taste of Hate, an elder amulet similar to the one that @DeGyrst is wearing will give you more damage than Impresence. You can consider that.

Watcher's Eye that grant Gain #% physical damage as extra fire when affected by Anger will give you more damage than your current one.

Atziri's Promise will also give you lots of damage buff.
Dont think i could get away with its mana reservation, or is it better then herald of ash? Atm i have crafted fire res on it so all my resistances are at the same for wise oak's defence, but that is possible to change with other gear pretty easily.

Btw i do think uber elder and chayla are both possible with this build, i just dont have access to those yet. Especially with better gear and some more levels, like 95 to have around 6.5k life with lore.

Upgraded some of my stuff. Got lucky with 6L !

I decided to remove Faster Attacks to get a bit more Dmg on cyclone.
Should I aim right now for 'perfect' opal rings or try my luck with good Spike Gloves?

if I swap Ascendancy tree then I will be missing 100 Fire res. That's the main issue, I can't get lucky enough with crafting so far to get 'proper' resistances to get Taste of Hate working.

For now I decided to leave it as it is so I can try to buy/drop something that I can work around with.

I am thinking of getting red dream after I fix Fire res issue.
Still unlucky with Uberlab enchant on helmet.

I am going to remove Blood Rage soon to get increased duration... Died way too many times because of No regeneration on a map while I had Blood Rage ON :D

But seriously, I am not sure about Tombfists as I am struggling to get resistances as I want them to be, and perfect spike gloves are quite expensive. Of course I can't use lab enchange on spikes gloves right? Or is it safe to use it ?

Thanks!
Heya, great build. I'm running my second build in BHC after ripping my first (tried to run reflect). I ended up getting obscenely lucky and a Koam's heart dropped for me in Lookout of all places. This got me thinking, how can i ditch my belly without fully sacrificing a 6 link cyclone?

Then i found these for 20c

These things became my five link cyclone AND solved all my accuracy problems. Jumped from 87 to 94% chance to hit. So with an elder item like this, running Koams heart in hardcore is viable. Now what I'm wondering is, can fortify be dropped for melee phys? Melee phys is a good 35% increase cyclone damage. Im trying to calculate how much of my damage would be coming from the molten burst and how much from cyclone to determine if dropping fortify is worth it.

Thoughts?
"
DeGyrst wrote:
Dont think i could get away with its mana reservation, or is it better then herald of ash? Atm i have crafted fire res on it so all my resistances are at the same for wise oak's defence, but that is possible to change with other gear pretty easily.

Btw i do think uber elder and chayla are both possible with this build, i just dont have access to those yet. Especially with better gear and some more levels, like 95 to have around 6.5k life with lore.

Farrul's Fur will give you free cat aura so you that is a consideration.

Aspect of the Spider is another great aura since it slows the mob and make them take increased damage.

In terms of damage difference, Aspect of Cat < Herald of Ash (if you can only run one).

Aspect of Spider < Herald of Ash (by a small margin on 3 stack of webs).

Btw, possible to link your elder amulet? I would love to include that as reference in the guide. :)

"
Biszek wrote:
Spoiler

Upgraded some of my stuff. Got lucky with 6L !

I decided to remove Faster Attacks to get a bit more Dmg on cyclone.
Should I aim right now for 'perfect' opal rings or try my luck with good Spike Gloves?

if I swap Ascendancy tree then I will be missing 100 Fire res. That's the main issue, I can't get lucky enough with crafting so far to get 'proper' resistances to get Taste of Hate working.

For now I decided to leave it as it is so I can try to buy/drop something that I can work around with.

I am thinking of getting red dream after I fix Fire res issue.
Still unlucky with Uberlab enchant on helmet.

I am going to remove Blood Rage soon to get increased duration... Died way too many times because of No regeneration on a map while I had Blood Rage ON :D

But seriously, I am not sure about Tombfists as I am struggling to get resistances as I want them to be, and perfect spike gloves are quite expensive. Of course I can't use lab enchange on spikes gloves right? Or is it safe to use it ?
Thanks!

Tombfist provides good damage buff so I would recommend you to keep it on. No rare gloves can compete with it.

A very well rolled abyssal jewel can provide: damage + life + all resistances.

I would recommend you to go for Elder rare amulet as that will give you more damage than Impresence and you can have resistance rolled on it.

HeadHunter is great for mapping but a rare Stygian belt will be able to fulfill the missing resistance too. And you will also want to use Stygian when you are fighting end game bosses since HH only work on rare mobs.

"
Mastodonic wrote:
Heya, great build. I'm running my second build in BHC after ripping my first (tried to run reflect). I ended up getting obscenely lucky and a Koam's heart dropped for me in Lookout of all places. This got me thinking, how can i ditch my belly without fully sacrificing a 6 link cyclone?

Then i found these for 20c

These things became my five link cyclone AND solved all my accuracy problems. Jumped from 87 to 94% chance to hit. So with an elder item like this, running Koams heart in hardcore is viable. Now what I'm wondering is, can fortify be dropped for melee phys? Melee phys is a good 35% increase cyclone damage. Im trying to calculate how much of my damage would be coming from the molten burst and how much from cyclone to determine if dropping fortify is worth it.

Thoughts?

You won't want to drop Fortify in hardcore as it is a huge buff to survivability.

I would recommend you to run Enfeeble as your curse instead of Flammability. If you are using Watcher's Eye, you can run this setup instead:
"
Blasphemy + Enfeeble (level 13) + Anger + Enlighten 4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info