[3.2] Penta-Totem Ball Lightning Hierophant (3M Shaper DPS)

"
akavangop wrote:
"
Xanthochroid wrote:
as we get 15 hits per cast.

According to the BL calculator 11 hits. 15 with the knockback support.

Doesn't take into account the 25% Increased AoE we get when we have Arcane Surge, which currently doesn't apply properly in PoB.

Also the current BL Calc is still sorta broken, as it doesn't calc with Less Proj speed properly(nothing typed into the less proj speed field actually changes anything) so you just have to use -72% as a reduced proj speed input (as our end result is .28x proj speed)

Last edited by Xanthochroid on Mar 4, 2018, 1:53:02 AM
Bandits?
I think I am getting this build and your other concept confused.

So I can use spark for clear then swap to lightning tendrils OR ball lightning?

Do I use the same support gems?

I am just leveling right now and just started using spark totems about to get ancestral bond for 3 totems
"
Jaynen00 wrote:
I think I am getting this build and your other concept confused.

So I can use spark for clear then swap to lightning tendrils OR ball lightning?

Do I use the same support gems?

I am just leveling right now and just started using spark totems about to get ancestral bond for 3 totems

Originally I was going to use Spark and Lightning Tendrils, but the damage wasn't as high as I wanted, so I switched over to Ball Lightning, which uses a couple different supports and helm enchants. Tree should stay the same, but the links are updated in the OP.
Gotcha do you feel ball lightning will work for clear and bossing?
I tried the shadow area nodes, but couldn't reach the level of damage you already have. Therefore the tree is very compact and effective, great work!
Can you upload some vids once you get it running? I'm starting with noncrit RF totems, will switch to this later.
Although I will get 4 totems and EE, probably also knockback. But even without it is 1.7 Mil paper dps on a 5Link 29*4*15. Without EE it is 20*15*5=1500K.
Some uniques that would be great for this build:

Watcher's eye Now drops from uber elder, but also has 3 mods. Wrath has 10-15% penetration, 70-100% crit or 40-60% lightning damage. Three of those is ideal, two of those + one the good clarity ones(can run lvl1 aura) is amazing too. Going to be insanely expensive.

Choir of the Storm very nice ammy. Mana, crit, lightning damage, lightning bolt every 0.5 seconds. Going to be expensive. Incompatible with Shimmerons, the bolt can crit. Oh well.

Atziri's Reflection I understand that second shimmeron is great. But slight offence and defense boost and freeing up ring slots to deal with resistances, life and dex will probably be essential because of the next item. Also, very expensive.

Indigon This monstrosity can boost the dps by an insane amount. 50-60% increased per 200 mana spent recently. At the cost of 50-60% mana cost increase, per 200 spent recently. This is nuts. Bonus: we can run Arcane surge lvl20, lol. Again, expensive.
Last edited by GladiatorUA on Mar 6, 2018, 11:40:04 AM
This is the build that I am going with, 18% less life than yours but more damage.
https://pastebin.com/D6eCLSPM

I don't have soul mantle set up yet but it feels really good in maps so far.
"
Fenndor wrote:
This is the build that I am going with, 18% less life than yours but more damage.

I like your build. It should transition to Indigon version better. Both because of access to mana nodes and because heavier emphasis on crit instead of increased damage.
"
Fenndor wrote:

Could honestly run without a soul mantle at all if you feel the damage is good enough; and to be entirely honest, once this build gets all its endgame gear, the damage is kinda overkill anyway. Running Wrath in a Essence Worm is also an option if not using Soul Mantle for more MoM mitigation, because you wouldn't have to use any Kikazaru's anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info