Mortality Experimenters Should not be able to explode Rare/Unique /boss mobs

"
Zinja wrote:

I am changing it, giving up my build turning it into something else just so i can run a map.

Yeah, people are doing that on a daily basis. Ppl who run ele reflect maps , turn off their heralds.
People who are running no regen maps switch out a flask.
It´s not too much to ask to swap out your Brutality support gem and turning on some Ele Auras.
That´s not giving up your build, that´s temporarily tweaking it so it can do the content.
It´s better to sacrifice your builds "identity" for a second, than to sacrifice your entire character.

And yes if you are playing a pure phys bleeding build it´s even more troublesoume hat you haven´t thought of equipping Haemophilia. Bleedsplosions get rid of corpses.

Every "enemies you kill explode with % of their health as () dmg" gets rid of ALL CORPSES.

And no, from what I understand you can only have up 1 Offering at a time anyways. 1 in a CWDT setup should be enough. But you want to be proactive about destroying the corpses. Once you´ve taken the dmg you´re already dead in this map according to you. So that´s not a viable solution.
corpse explosion is just outdated mechanic really, back when it was introduced monster hp was lower, it was possible to get 100% fire res, max map level was so low u could still survive without one shots other than unique boss explosion, there was no exiles, so less bosses to explode. Nowadays the only way to survive the explosion is not to stand near corpses, which leave pure melee builds stranded, and no you cant call reave or sunder melee since they are practically ranged. In all fairness corpse explosion should be revisited and probably the scaling should be changed to flat values that scale depeding on map tier rather than monster hp, which leads to certain monster types absolutely deadly.This would allow ppl to better prepare for it, since the difference between monster hp can be as high as 4 times in same tier map on same rarity monsters.
"

It's not the map, it's you. <3

I too chained poor joys back in the day. Did you run this in abyss league as melee? That is the question . Doing it when mob / map level was lower , when you had instant leech vaal pact and all kinds of old mechanics.
It's not relevant to current state of the game .
Domine Non Es Dignus
You still haven´t adressed why you don´t just equip Bubonic Trail or Haemophilia gloves.
Such an easy fix for your problem. You said you are a pure phys based bleed build. You could get these Bleedsplosions. Bubonic Trail might be hard to get next league so you could try getting Haemophilia or play a Gladiator. You could also, like I said swap out Brutality and switch on Hatred and Herald of Ice.

Even I can come up with a couple of viable solutions for your problem.
At this point I´m going to assume that you are stuck in your ways and that you actually don´t want a solution for your problem, you just want to complain and get rid of the problem alltogether.

But pls understand that if every rippy mechanic is going to be removed, we´re going to have a very boring game.
Corpse explosion is the entire threat in poorjoys, the boss is a nawkssister with like the least health of any map boss in the game currently.

Its fine its not a map for everyone thats all you either need extreme defences or just to clear the screen and avoid standing on corpses (the normal way)
poorjoy's has

~150% more life (so x 2.5)

and

~150% inc dmg (so x 2.5)

that means DD from monsters is ~6.25 times (2.5 x 2.5) higher than normal just by map mods alone.

It's the single most dangerous thing in this map, and not paying special attention to it is a big mistake.

If you don't want to die, you simply have to run the map slower while paying extra care, or make a build that inherently avoids this mechanic (like shattering everything for example as you said)

The game is full of maps and bosses with special things to take care of depending on your build, and removing them would make the game more simplistic and boring.

Last edited by smichal52 on Feb 25, 2018, 5:56:07 AM
"
You still haven´t adressed why you don´t just equip Bubonic Trail or Haemophilia gloves.

Do these mechanics work on bosses as well? Then that's an easy solution.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Um... am I missing something here. You're talking about problems running the Poorjoy's map. If you read the map tag line "Laughs of all the twisted echo through these halls of gold. In this cold forgotten void they wander, forever uncontrolled." So all the insane inmates have gotten loose and are running wild throughout the asylum. That map is supposed to drive you insane and force you to think outside the box. Same as another twin necro boss map (can't remember the name) where you have to devour the dead bodies or they will come back to life a short time after killing them so you will never ever clear it until you get the light bulb on over head moment and think to yourself "hey, if I devour or consume the dead bodies then they can't be resurrected by the necro bosses". Then that map instantly becomes easy. Same here with Poorjoy's Asylum map. Don't let it drive you insane or you'll wind up as an inmate there.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 25, 2018, 6:35:47 AM
"
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Same as another twin necro boss map (can't remember the name) where you have to devour the dead bodies or they will come back to life a short time after killing them so you will never ever clear it until you get the light bulb on over head moment and think to yourself "hey, if I devour or consume the dead bodies then they can't be resurrected by the necro bosses".

Acton's Nightmare. Ran that map many times as well. It's not even difficult without corpse skills.

The key is to skip the monsters altogether and go straight to the bosses. Then you need to kill them within a short period of time of each other before one can revive the other. Then all monsters won't be resurrected and you can clear it now without having to backtrack all the time.

The easiest strat is to keep their HP close together, then nick them off one by one quickly.

Corpse skills don't work on bosses, so that wouldn't work.

Yes but killing all the minions in the boss room and then removing them with Devouring Totem or Corpse Explosion then makes taking out the twin necro bosses a hell of a lot easier.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Well bless the RNG gods. Not more than an hour after posting I ran the Zana daily and she rng'ed up the PoorJoy's Asylum map (imagine that). With all the Reanimators, Experimenters, and Flesh Sculptors everywhere it's a scary tough map, but scary fun. It's the Flesh Sculptors that do the corpse exploding. The boss really isn't too difficult with a ranged build. I'm using:

and with Faster Projectiles my "blender" style ST Raider/Slayer throws my LMP swords way off screen. That's super important as some of the asylum miscreants (like the ones with whips) can hit for over half my total health of 5138 (yeah I know I need more like 6K) so staying out of range is mandatory. Good kiting skills is a must as is high move speed: she has 68% increased speed and can leap slam incredibly fast to avoid trouble and if not careful can just as easily leap slam right into a pack so carefully planning her escape route was critical to not end up in a new room with a shitload of creatures and get mob killed. Proper positioning is everything with this map and even more important "she who fights and runs away lives to fight another day" and anytime the mobs charged her buzzsaw ST and could get into melee attack range (and I even have some knockback in the attack mix too) I was prepared to run or leapslam away from the creature(s).

Anyway this map is most definitely "working as intended" by GGG and is super fun (just wish it would come up more often). Not much for loot but great for XP. My exile (Ann Hackaway) started at 76% and ended at:

Nearly an hour later it was full cleared or so I thought:

Now where the hell are the last 2 (not important). Much scary fun to stare death in the face and laugh at it and even more fun to not die. My playing skills (especially the kite, shoot, kite, shoot, rince and repeat) have significantly improved as a "filthy casual". With the 12% xp gained I should get to level 90 this afternoon. I'll cast an anti-stupidity spell so I don't run a dangerous map and die.  :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info