Mortality Experimenters Should not be able to explode Rare/Unique /boss mobs

"
"
"
Zinja wrote:

the whole point of ARPG is to test your skill in reacting to stuff which is visible on your screen
if you die to absolutely random shit that you cant even see , how is that not defeating the purpose?

when some sneaky experimenter explodes rare you just killed from off screen what the hell are you even supposed to do?

The point is that you recognize which monsters are in the map. You recognize their ability and prepare for it beforehand. You are not supposed to react to it, you are supposed to not step on corpses with lots of HP when Experimenters or DD totems are in the map. And it´s not random. It´s a very avoidable thing. If you can´t do it, equip Bubonic Trail or play a skill that consumes corpses.
I know it doesn´t feel that way, but you died to a totally fair mechanic.

Just answer me honestly, did you stand still near a corpse ? Did you loot ?
Why was there a boss monster dead, or a rare and you stood next to it while the Experimenter had time to Detonate the corpse ? Why weren´t you killing the Experimenter ?
What did you do on top of the corpse ?

It´s your mistake. I´m not trying to gloat, but take responsibility and prepare for this mechanic beforehand.

Now I don't particularly agree with OP, but you're clueless as fuck as well. PJ experimenters can blow up corpses from about two screens away as long as they got LoS, and if you kill any blues/rares at melee range (OP plays Cleave) you're automatically risking a 1-shot hit. It's just another anti-melee "mechanic" with no way to avoid it.

Then again, trying to farm exp with solo melee in PJ is all about life choices.

Show me a video of these alleged Experimenter blowing up shit from 2 screens away.
I´ve never heard of it, seen it, heard anyone else complain about it.
You´re most likely making it up.

Oh and in case this is true, that the Rare exploded instantly after you´ve killed it, then it´s still your fault. Your character cannot do the content. Just as many characters can´t do HOTGM.
If you knew about the mechanic beforehand and still took the risk that´s still kind of your fault.
Then again, I don´t believe your story. If you have a video of a PJ Experimenter blowing up a rare mob right after you´ve killed it while standing 2 screens away, I´ll retract everything.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Feb 24, 2018, 10:22:36 PM
and You sir , most likely never have done enough poor joys solo or party or as a melee character
Domine Non Es Dignus
You can kill them off screen, so why shouldn't they be able to kill you off screen? Fair is Fair you know :p
"
shadowlord63 wrote:
You can kill them off screen, so why shouldn't they be able to kill you off screen? Fair is Fair you know :p

You do realize the only builds that kill them from offscreen are ranged builds that do not die to dd in the first place because they are no were near monsters that they are killing? Its the complete opposite of what you just claimed, you hypocrite .
Domine Non Es Dignus
Had a laugh when a random guy showed up out of nowhere and exploded the Killjoy boss when I was looking at the loot.
I run poorjoys on a custom filter that only shows exalt or mirror if it drops. Speed clearing it is good exp even solo, if you dont die often. which seems to be unavoidable in melee range.
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 24, 2018, 11:42:05 PM
I leveled to a 100 as a cyclone slayer and became so hyper-aware of DD that even on maps without Beyond or totems I'd clear out the entire boss room first and then just skirt the edges of the boss and then never go near the corpse unless it dropped a map and even then I'd snatch it and leap away like a sissy.

Never did poorjoys, though. For poorjoys, I'd think you'd wanna be KB or nothing.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I leveled to a 100 as a cyclone slayer and became so hyper-aware of DD that even on maps without Beyond or totems I'd clear out the entire boss room first and then just skirt the edges of the boss and then never go near the corpse unless it dropped a map and even then I'd snatch it and leap away like a sissy.

Never did poorjoys, though. For poorjoys, I'd think you'd wanna be KB or nothing.

I ran into a dark room i saw saw a big blue rare- before i was able to run out the rare died and i got instant killed from something offscreen. This was within half a second ultra fast reflexes on just trying to get out after i spotted the rare.

Arctic Armour 4 endurance charges , blasphemy Enfeeble 6K , CWDT immortal call setup life does FUCK ALL

just what is this shit
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Feb 25, 2018, 1:00:50 AM
"
Zinja wrote:

I ran into a dark room i saw saw a big blue rare- before i was able to run out the rare died and i got instant killed from something offscreen. This was within half a second ultra fast reflexes on just trying to get out after i spotted the rare.

Arctic Armour 4 endurance charges , blasphemy Enfeeble 6K , CWDT immortal call setup life does FUCK ALL

just what is this shit

You should probably just avoid Poorjoys tbh. Cleave has no range, and you don't have a ton of HP either. I had 9.3K HP and I was still scared af. I did manage to (barely) survive a DD of a Rogue Exlie, but that wasn't in Poorjoy's, and in Poorjoy's you take like double or triple damage or whatever. If you really want to level in Poorjoy's, rotas and meta builds are pretty much you're only choice.

But really, lvl 91 is barely getting started. If you're dying at lvl 91, that's an extremely bad sign. You probably already know, but lvl 99 is literally only halfway there. For a successful lvl 100 push (solo), you can't really afford to die at all. Ideally your HP globe should never even move. If you even so much as drop to half HP sometimes, that's not good. There's just so much shit that can go wrong in this game, that you have to be borderline immortal. Some kind of mechanic that protects against crashes and DCs (like overleech or regen) is preferred too. And, as always, ranged projectiles is far superior to melee--that's why 90% of lvl 100s are KB, TS, or EK (or aura support or Necro Specters).

Or you can go the Cutedog route. Autobomber + Headhunter + full sextants + ultra speed. He died a bunch of times at lvl 99 but still managed to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

But yeah, solo Poorjoy's as a Cleave Gladiator doesn't sound all that viable. I do agree with you that DD is a shit mechanic, but you also have to remember that Poorjoy's is a gimmick map. It's supposed to be super deadly and it was never supposed to be chain farmed to 100. That's why only rotas and meta builds do it.
Last edited by poepoe091 on Feb 25, 2018, 1:57:31 AM
To make matters worse i play pure phys bleed melee brutality cleave build.
GGG just likes to shit on pure phys melee builds with shit damage scaling and even shitter lack of mitigation . THey just dont want certain builds to exist.
Domine Non Es Dignus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info