So are we getting any news on endless ledge or something similar?

"
Excyis wrote:
When I enter I wanna leave at a quest state where I can jump in to maps without having to miss out on skillpoints and passives.

Don't you just do those quests as you're progressing through the campaign?
Unless I've forgotten something, the only passive point side-quest you have to backtrack for is The Way Forward and that's just going to Lioneye's Watch and talking to Bestel.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Some pretty interesting stuff to read.
Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
i never understand the argument that doing act 1-10 is going to be more boring that doing whatever other bollocks you come up with.

You do act 1-10 which has some variety or you do ledge until mapping, Gee i wonder what you would get bored of first

well considering going through the acts is now lame and tedious, i for one would love this as a better option as to what we now have for acts.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Arrowneous wrote:
at least to the maximum of a 64-bit integer which is 65535).

no, it's not 65535. it's a bit more than that.
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
Made a post about this sometime ago and to me the simple answer is on your first playthough in a new league whatever waypoints your character unlocks will be unlocked for all new characters and they are able to jump to those way points at anytime. The only exception is you must kill Act bosses.... so technically if you thought you could at level 1 you could instantly jump into Mervill’s cave and kill her....GL with that. Obviously we would also have to do the bandit quest and kill Hillock at the start. Seems like a happy medium...players have to play through all the content at least once after which they would be able to level new characters much faster with leveling gear found (or bought) and by jumping to an area they like. Maybe the new meta becomes what is the lowest level character you can kill Kitvanana in Act 10 with...

I think this would also extend a leagues playability because after so many characters it just becomes ‘I’d really like to try this or that but I’m not about to sit here and level yet another character’ so I’ll just go play X until next league.

The point is to not have to do the tedious fetch quests. I don't mind leveling.

I do like the waypoint idea. Though would be nice to have some sort of ledge though with a shrine at certain points to get the bandit choices and skillpoints.

"
crystalwitch wrote:
"
Excyis wrote:
When I enter I wanna leave at a quest state where I can jump in to maps without having to miss out on skillpoints and passives.

Don't you just do those quests as you're progressing through the campaign?
Unless I've forgotten something, the only passive point side-quest you have to backtrack for is The Way Forward and that's just going to Lioneye's Watch and talking to Bestel.

The backtracking/side tracking is for shit like bandits, gods you have to kill, dweller of the deep, busts and a bunch of others that provide skillpoints.

It's unnecessarily tedious for some one who has played countless times through the campaign.

I just want to run ahead and rush the acts when making new characters.
"
Excyis wrote:
The backtracking/side tracking is for shit like bandits, gods you have to kill, dweller of the deep, busts and a bunch of others that provide skillpoints.

It's unnecessarily tedious for some one who has played countless times through the campaign.

I just want to run ahead and rush the acts when making new characters.

On noticing your mentioning the busts, I see what the issue is here.

Good luck in your quest, hopefully along the way you'll also be able to get us a head-start with the Forsaken Masters in challenge leagues.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Feb 25, 2018, 8:44:18 AM
TS, there will always be people defending the campaign, because they do not want another way for others to level to 70. Even if both methods take the same number of hours, they cannot tolerate it. Fetch quests are terrible, but some people love it. And because of that, you have to got to love it as well.

As it is, I might be giving the next league a miss because I can't stand running campaign again so soon.
Last edited by Hayrich on Feb 25, 2018, 8:59:02 AM
The only quest I am suggesting we have to do is the bandit quest... all of which are conveniently very close to WPs...Other than that killing Act bosses to get to “unlock” the next act doesn’t seem that unreasonable and could be thought of as a gear and level check.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Anyone who gets bored with the campaign would get bored with your idea ten times faster and be back asking for something else.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Anyone who gets bored with the campaign would get bored with your idea ten times faster and be back asking for something else.

That is very assumptive of you, considering you don't even have the same perspective I do which I'm suggesting that would add MORE fun to the game for people like me.

It's optional.

I don't understand why people are so upset about it... No one would be FORCED to go through this. It would be an option for people who are tired of running a campaign and doing boring quests.
Last edited by Excyis on Feb 25, 2018, 9:21:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info