So are we getting any news on endless ledge or something similar?

the ten acts with leveling gear takes 8 hours going fairly casual. very minimal investment.
bring back the state of the game in 1.3 vaults of atziri patch
Not everyone has 8 hours a day.
I think a happy medium would be a way to power level. If you could get a endgame character to run you through the story super fast with out the xp penalty it wouldn’t be all that bad. Or once you get to Oriath on 1 character and use the map device the map device becomes available to any and all characters on your account which would allow another player to power level you in maps without the xp penalty obviously.

Too be honest that won’t happen though because this is a free to play game.
Let me take the flak and say, that I would not enjoy the game any less if all subsequent characters would just start at level 70 with all quests completed.

It's not like PoE is a subscription MMO where GGG profit is directly proportional to the time we spend in the game. There's no need to extend the gameplay length.

I know this is never going to happen because of years old preconceptions about what an RPG is supposed to be like, but it's nice to dream.
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Let me take the flak and say, that I would not enjoy the game any less if all subsequent characters would just start at level 70 with all quests completed.

It's not like PoE is a subscription MMO where GGG profit is directly proportional to the time we spend in the game. There's no need to extend the gameplay length.

I know this is never going to happen because of years old preconceptions about what an RPG is supposed to be like, but it's nice to dream.

Completely wrong buddy.

GGG has to keep players playing for as long as possible in game because that increases the chances of a player buying something, just like absolutely everything in this world. This is common sense.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

Completely wrong buddy.

GGG has to keep players playing for as long as possible in game because that increases the chances of a player buying something, just like absolutely everything in this world. This is common sense.

Forcing players to play uncomfortable gameplay just to keep chasing that sweet sweet "endgame" isn't a good way to keep players playing for long.

I would be playing the game way more often and way longer if I had the option to not go through boring shit that I went through multiple times.

A lot of fun is in creating builds and trying them out. Dragging them through mud and shit just to get to maps where you could try them out is quite silly.

I don't mind going through main campaign the first time league has started. Since you have character races for everyone and all. But unlock so next time I can make a character without having to go through boring fetch quests.
"
Excyis wrote:
For people who do not want to deal with the campaign 20 times whenever they want to level a new character.

Seriously this game has become more of a slow drag than anything. It's like regular mmos where you have to go through countless hours of boring content just to have a bit of fun at the end game.

I understand forcing players to go through on new league, or on new accounts but why force players who played through it countless times?

The idea does have merit (just like endless dungeons where you can go down forever and each level down is harder... well... at least to the maximum of a 64-bit integer which is 65535).

But GGG gives us full respect and probably thinks we'll always want to take our old retired or now non-viable build (because of tree or gear or spell nerfs or all 3) and respect a new build to that level to skip over the leveling process. That works for the first dozen or so times but then even that gets stale. What if I just want a different way to level a new build? Should be an option for anyone who has a level 90+ build. It's just a pipe dream as GGG would never do anything new for veteran players... unless you are the uber top 1%. Have fun with uber Shaper and uber Elder. May the forces of GGG uber one-shot you to hell and beyond. That would be sweet payback for us filthy casuals that get no respect.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Made a post about this sometime ago and to me the simple answer is on your first playthough in a new league whatever waypoints your character unlocks will be unlocked for all new characters and they are able to jump to those way points at anytime. The only exception is you must kill Act bosses.... so technically if you thought you could at level 1 you could instantly jump into Mervill’s cave and kill her....GL with that. Obviously we would also have to do the bandit quest and kill Hillock at the start. Seems like a happy medium...players have to play through all the content at least once after which they would be able to level new characters much faster with leveling gear found (or bought) and by jumping to an area they like. Maybe the new meta becomes what is the lowest level character you can kill Kitvanana in Act 10 with...

I think this would also extend a leagues playability because after so many characters it just becomes ‘I’d really like to try this or that but I’m not about to sit here and level yet another character’ so I’ll just go play X until next league.
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Feb 25, 2018, 6:35:08 AM
Having unlocked way points on a new build based on previous builds having reached them so your new build can skip ahead sounds just like one of the Dumb Ways to Die in Wraeclast.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Having unlocked way points on a new build based on previous builds having reached them so your new build can skip ahead sounds just like one of the Dumb Ways to Die in Wraeclast.

Well I thought it was pretty explicit in my post that you would have to spend time leveling and I don’t think I ever said it would be mandatory for crying out loud.

Obviously if you’re playing in hard-core it would be a system to use at your own risk.

Maybe GGG could add a test for you and others...1+1=?, what is a cat, etc...any score under 5/10 you can’t use this system to keep you safe and protected from killing your toon.

I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on Feb 25, 2018, 7:01:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info