Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
Emperor_home wrote:
Are you guys reworking herald of ash?

Its kinda sad to use herald of ash for 25% pen lets say as a firestormer or flameblaster.
The old use cold skill to pen fire res was much better in cases of fire spell builds.

I sure hope they're reworking it, this certainly points at a rework or a screw up :)
"
untilspot wrote:
Can someone explain me what so good about bleed xplosions and why would anyone ever even look at them for further use?:D

The explosions on death are mostly the same.
One enemy dies and it explodes, dealing a portion of its life. If it has 20k like and it explodes dealing 10% of its max life as physical damage, it deals 2k physical ... which is then boosted by anything you have that boosts general phyiscal damage, or boosts all damage.
If the explosions are boosted by 150%, that means the 2k damage is boosted to 5k damage, so it hurts them for a quarter of their life in a radius. If your initial hit killed two of the enemies at once, then the explosions can overlap and half kill the remaining enemies.

There's a few strategies around explosions, but some of them can cause an explosion to remove the whole pack, which means map clearance is really fast :)
"
ayemjake20 wrote:
The only reliable source of block chance for necro and they decided it to split the effect in half.... really?
I mean... how are we suppose to grab necromantic aegis now? I understand that the offering nerf was necessary, but to reduce the effectiveness down in half is just really absurd. You could've at least considered reducing the duration on players or maybe reducing the effect by just a little (maybe by 25 or 30% reduced effectiveness), but no... you chose to mercilessly kill the ascendancy node, and now we have to buy those pesky Reckless defense jewels just to compensate, add to that the chance to receive critical hits from monsters and bosses by investing in those jewels. Sigh what a worse time to play necro.

There's a few weapons that add to block chance, I think advancing fortress is the best. No need for reckless defence jewels. The other nodes now boost spectres even more, so it works out well IMO. Sure, the life gained per block is halved ... if you don't use necromantic aegis, you could definitely use one of the shield that gives you life or ES on block
"
Wuffell wrote:

mm i see, saving a fraction of second on each pack(debatable). totally useless. thanks for explanations :D
Wan'na kill me? Do it faster!
"
Cybersnip wrote:
Dear GGG,

I've played Necromancer for several thousand hours in temp leagues, so I think I should have a good idea about the class. I'll share some thoughts about the changes...

Although I hate to see my favourite class "nerfed", it's fully understandable that you have made mistress weaker. That thing was the single most OP ascendancy node in the game. Max block and spell block with extremely little investment made it possible to deal with any content in the game the first week in a new league (HC).

I see that you are trying to make Necromancer more versatile (skeletons, zombies, srs, spectres). This is a good idea, but I think you are forgetting the most important thing you need to do to make anything other than spectres good. Melee minions of any kind really need the aggressive mod, like the one you can get for golems through equipping Primordial Might. There really should be something equivalent for zombies and skeletons. Without a mod like this, the powerlevel difference between zombies/skeletons and spectres is humongous, so no matter how much you buff them it will never make a difference due them being almost completely passive.

So, if you want Necromancer to be more versatile, please buff the zombie jewel and the skeleton jewel to include an aggressive mod, and place them higher up the rarity ladder. (Or simply add the aggressive mod to the appropriate ascendancy node)

Best wishes,
Mr L

Making minions aggressive would be awesome. Add that to Invoker, done!
"
untilspot wrote:
"
Wuffell wrote:

mm i see, saving a fraction of second on each pack(debatable). totally useless. thanks for explanations :D

It lets you use single target skills, and small area skills, to clear packs, if you so desire.

It also lets people use righteous fire, or scorching ray, and still leech. The skills don't allow you to leech, but the explosions do. So the explosion mechanic is a good one :)
LondonNewYork.jpg

The only thing i can think of is the two places invented Nylon at the same time hence NY-LON
"
BakaShiki wrote:
LondonNewYork.jpg

The only thing i can think of is the two places invented Nylon at the same time hence NY-LON

I was thinking something to do with witches in those two areas.
"
macsdf1 wrote:
"
Shivan_Angel wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:
Two years of playing necro, the weakest class of all and now we are even weaker. Seriously, is GGG actually playing their game or how is it possible that the Elementalist is now a better summoner than the actual necro?

In the past, we could take zombie node, spectre node and aura node. Uber lab was not doable, so we were stuck with these three. In future, we can only take two of these nodes, as they are too spread out now.

Our damage and our resistances will be lower, which means we have even less a chance to enter red maps, as it wasn´t already hard enough...
Most fun part is, instead of actually giving our zombies a few survival skills, they remain unchanged and will just die as always, but a bit quicker since the aura node is gone. Atziri just melts our Zombies, so do most boss encounters. You gave golems immunity, something our zombies needed as well.

Unless you reworked the passives, this is just hard to understand. If we were some OP class, like wanderer and Co. a class that cleans maps in 60 seconds, has shaper on farm and so on... but we were nothing like that. We were stuck in low tier red maps and yet we had to be nerfed...

I was used to play one of the weakest classes in the game, but that you make it even weaker is just crazy.

Are we playing the same necro...

The ascendancy that constantly has really high representation in all leagues...

I need some of whatever you are smoking.

High representation doesn't mean OP. Just means maybe it's fun to play or easy?
Necro can clear everything solo, but that's reliant on our pets surviving.
Imagine if ur weapons broke mid fight? What can u do but suicide to get more weapons.

Exactly.

I play SSF, only in legacy league I managed to reach T15, because I had every single summoner item drop for me. Since the drop chance nerf, I have not seen a single one ever again, so my zombies are weak, do low damage and just die.

GGG should have given us better zombies, that are actually alive after the first 10 seconds vs. Atziri. Zombies, that actually can tank a boss mob for a few minutes, because this is how long it takes to actually take them down, after the HP buff.

It may be that there is some OP necro build with block and aura, but that is not how I play and I suppose, most people don´t play such a build. We want to summon stuff and not play melee or buff bot.

We want our army back, stuff that doesn´t die and actually kills things. I encounter regen rares, that I can not kill, as they regenerate faster than my zombies do damage.

I did expect them to actually help us, but instead we are made weaker.

What the elementalist got, is what we needed. Immunity to AOE for our minions, increased damage for each one summoned, life leech, block for them...

There are casuals playing this game too, it needs to stop that GGG only caters to hardcores that spend all day online.

Why can´t they just give us a viable necro build for shaper and co? I play for two years and never saw that guy...
"
Ygidua wrote:

There are casuals playing this game too, it needs to stop that GGG only caters to hardcores that spend all day online.

Why can´t they just give us a viable necro build for shaper and co? I play for two years and never saw that guy...

If you balance the game to casual players then it will be broken for serious players. And i think its fare to balance it in favor for people that play this game much more. Also im pretty sure that there are necro builds that can kill shaper. If you are not willing to put enough effort to get there thats on you.
I cannot be caged.
I cannot be controlled.
Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info