Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

Please god don't tie penetration to heralds for ele.
"
Beefriedrice wrote:
"
Xehnas wrote:
"
shaazu wrote:
It's a shame..
I waited two leagues to see what you'd do with Elementalist and it's a disappointing result.
I haven't touched this class since the original Elemental Conflux was removed and honestly that was the only thing I loved about it. Other classes had more power, other classes had more utility, but elemental conflux gave the most satisfying feeling with awesome visuals whenever something melted to prolif.

Since the changes golemancer has been the only viable option for this class, and now instead of improving the weak points of the ascendancy you buffed the already viable golemancer option, leaving the much anticipated remainder of the class to suffer and rot.

Feelsbadman. All I wanted for christmas was Elementalist

25% elemental pen...

You couldnt ask for more.

It's the equivalent of a +more dmg.

Inquisitor has 100% elemental pen on a common condition. Gated behind a relevant notable.

Elementalist has 25% elemental pen that if you are fire is attached to mildly obnoxious condition. Gated behind a relatively weak, uninteresting notable.

They got some neat golem summoning things... for reasons.

It seems like we should ask for more.

And you're wrong.

Inquisitor doesn't have 100% elemental pen, he ignores elemental res on crit.

If your target has 20% res, he will do damage has if they had 0% on crit, while on the other hand elementalist would do damage as if they had -5% res.

A crit build inquisator doesnt benefit much from elemental weakness and the like while elementalist does.

So yes, you're wrong.

"
sdiv wrote:
Please god don't tie penetration to heralds for ele.

why, its amazing...

hopefully they revamp heralds or fire skills gunna suck
"
Shivan_Angel wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:
Two years of playing necro, the weakest class of all and now we are even weaker. Seriously, is GGG actually playing their game or how is it possible that the Elementalist is now a better summoner than the actual necro?

In the past, we could take zombie node, spectre node and aura node. Uber lab was not doable, so we were stuck with these three. In future, we can only take two of these nodes, as they are too spread out now.

Our damage and our resistances will be lower, which means we have even less a chance to enter red maps, as it wasn´t already hard enough...
Most fun part is, instead of actually giving our zombies a few survival skills, they remain unchanged and will just die as always, but a bit quicker since the aura node is gone. Atziri just melts our Zombies, so do most boss encounters. You gave golems immunity, something our zombies needed as well.

Unless you reworked the passives, this is just hard to understand. If we were some OP class, like wanderer and Co. a class that cleans maps in 60 seconds, has shaper on farm and so on... but we were nothing like that. We were stuck in low tier red maps and yet we had to be nerfed...

I was used to play one of the weakest classes in the game, but that you make it even weaker is just crazy.

Are we playing the same necro...

The ascendancy that constantly has really high representation in all leagues...

I need some of whatever you are smoking.

High representation doesn't mean OP. Just means maybe it's fun to play or easy?
Necro can clear everything solo, but that's reliant on our pets surviving.
Imagine if ur weapons broke mid fight? What can u do but suicide to get more weapons.
The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
"
Xehnas wrote:
"
Beefriedrice wrote:
"
Xehnas wrote:

25% elemental pen...

You couldnt ask for more.

It's the equivalent of a +more dmg.

Inquisitor has 100% elemental pen on a common condition. Gated behind a relevant notable.

Elementalist has 25% elemental pen that if you are fire is attached to mildly obnoxious condition. Gated behind a relatively weak, uninteresting notable.

They got some neat golem summoning things... for reasons.

It seems like we should ask for more.

And you're wrong.

Inquisitor doesn't have 100% elemental pen, he ignores elemental res on crit.

If your target has 20% res, he will do damage has if they had 0% on crit, while on the other hand elementalist would do damage as if they had -5% res.

A crit build inquisator doesnt benefit much from elemental weakness and the like while elementalist does.

So yes, you're wrong.

Your point is valid.

I'd still rather have the inquisitor especially for fire damage. And I still fundamentally think the gate the Elementalist's pen is behind is a dull, underwhelming node.
The only reliable source of block chance for necro and they decided it to split the effect in half.... really?
I mean... how are we suppose to grab necromantic aegis now? I understand that the offering nerf was necessary, but to reduce the effectiveness down in half is just really absurd. You could've at least considered reducing the duration on players or maybe reducing the effect by just a little (maybe by 25 or 30% reduced effectiveness), but no... you chose to mercilessly kill the ascendancy node, and now we have to buy those pesky Reckless defense jewels just to compensate, add to that the chance to receive critical hits from monsters and bosses by investing in those jewels. Sigh what a worse time to play necro.
Last edited by ayemjake20 on Feb 27, 2018, 12:58:58 AM
What do you think about the gladiator?....

I tell you what is buffed :

PAINFORGED : Now have additionnals passive :

1-Cannot be stunned by hits you block
2-Your counterattacks deal double damage

Violent retaliation :

+4% maximum block chance
+1% block chance for each hit youv blocked in the past 10 seconds

AND now you They mooved the passive Gratuitous violence to the passive Blood in eyes. So you need To finish Normal and cruel lab for have gratuitous violence now and the bleeding explosions....

What do you think? its a nerf or a buff for you?

I dont understand why the put counterattack deal double damage... Is it really something that make a difference in game to have this skill ? and now with double damage??
Is the +4% maximum chance looking good for you ? ( also whats difference between maximum and block chance? ) thanks
Last edited by jordan02 on Feb 27, 2018, 1:20:41 AM
Otherwise good, but Pathfinder still looks shit.
Path of Exile - RNG based hoarding simulator
Are you guys reworking herald of ash?

Its kinda sad to use herald of ash for 25% pen lets say as a firestormer or flameblaster.
The old use cold skill to pen fire res was much better in cases of fire spell builds.
"
jordan02 wrote:
What do you think about the gladiator?....

I tell you what is buffed :

PAINFORGED : Now have additionnals passive :

1-Cannot be stunned by hits you block
2-Your counterattacks deal double damage

Violent retaliation :

+4% maximum block chance
+1% block chance for each hit youv blocked in the past 10 seconds

AND now you They mooved the passive Gratuitous violence to the passive Blood in eyes. So you need To finish Normal and cruel lab for have gratuitous violence now and the bleeding explosions....

What do you think? its a nerf or a buff for you?

I dont understand why the put counterattack deal double damage... Is it really something that make a difference in game to have this skill ? and now with double damage??
Is the +4% maximum chance looking good for you ? ( also whats difference between maximum and block chance? ) thanks

We can get bleed explosions from haemophilia gloves, but they don't have life so... it's nerf for me :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info