Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

SO NOW GUYS :

WHo is for you the best ascendary in this league ?? AND

What build do you think play with this league ??

Me : block gladiator or elementalist golem or chieftain RF lol =)
I was thinking in another Oro's Flicker but this time try with MOM. I think for now i still use Slayer... Maybe they will make Scion useful, and try my first Scion build xD
"
spawnas wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

There are casuals playing this game too, it needs to stop that GGG only caters to hardcores that spend all day online.

Why can´t they just give us a viable necro build for shaper and co? I play for two years and never saw that guy...

If you balance the game to casual players then it will be broken for serious players. And i think its fare to balance it in favor for people that play this game much more. Also im pretty sure that there are necro builds that can kill shaper. If you are not willing to put enough effort to get there thats on you.

This term "effort" is so misplaced in a video game. Games are supposed to be fun, but I suppose this attitude was lost when we entered the millennium.

You also need to consider, a video game is not what gives you a degree, not what gives you a house, car or food. It´s just for wasting your time and if you play all day, then who will buy you food, who will give you a house, gas for your car or a degree?

Mom and Dad will not be there forever you know, it´s about time to grow up and earn money too. :)

Those that earn money already, are casuals and without them POE would not exist. So yes, it is very important for GGG to give Casuals content as well, without them the game would die.

Casuals don´t want instant loot or levels, they just want a realistic chance to reach the red maps and final bosses. SSF was asked for by the casual community, to give a fair mode with higher drop rates, which are realistic. But those drop rates never came, so the game is harder today than two years ago, as HP buffs to bosses and nerfs to ES came.

Really, I do not care if all of you hardcore gamers lose all your XP when you die, if you need 1 year to find an exalt worthy item, if this is your fun then go ahead and play in a league that supports that, just like we casuals should have an improved gaming experience in SSF, just like it was supposed to be when we asked for it. Not sure why GGG did not get the message :(
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
spawnas wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

There are casuals playing this game too, it needs to stop that GGG only caters to hardcores that spend all day online.

Why can´t they just give us a viable necro build for shaper and co? I play for two years and never saw that guy...

If you balance the game to casual players then it will be broken for serious players. And i think its fare to balance it in favor for people that play this game much more. Also im pretty sure that there are necro builds that can kill shaper. If you are not willing to put enough effort to get there thats on you.

This term "effort" is so misplaced in a video game. Games are supposed to be fun, but I suppose this attitude was lost when we entered the millennium.

You also need to consider, a video game is not what gives you a degree, not what gives you a house, car or food. It´s just for wasting your time and if you play all day, then who will buy you food, who will give you a house, gas for your car or a degree?

Mom and Dad will not be there forever you know, it´s about time to grow up and earn money too. :)

Those that earn money already, are casuals and without them POE would not exist. So yes, it is very important for GGG to give Casuals content as well, without them the game would die.

Casuals don´t want instant loot or levels, they just want a realistic chance to reach the red maps and final bosses. SSF was asked for by the casual community, to give a fair mode with higher drop rates, which are realistic. But those drop rates never came, so the game is harder today than two years ago, as HP buffs to bosses and nerfs to ES came.

Really, I do not care if all of you hardcore gamers lose all your XP when you die, if you need 1 year to find an exalt worthy item, if this is your fun then go ahead and play in a league that supports that, just like we casuals should have an improved gaming experience in SSF, just like it was supposed to be when we asked for it. Not sure why GGG did not get the message :(

Oh boy you are so wrong in pretty much everything you wrote..

Old games were much much harder and took much more effort to beat. Some people, me included, like the games to take effort, because otherwise its just boring. Im happy that poe isnt easy brainless farmfest like some other similar game that i wont name.

Your assumption that all ppl that play much are kids is quite rude and wrong. Im 32 and been playing poe since the beginning ~6 years ago. You do what you want with you free time and anyone disagreeing with that can go... you know where.

BTW im all for making the drops better in SSF, but then they need to make it so you cant transfer from ssf to normal. I dont think they are going to do that tho.
I cannot be caged.
I cannot be controlled.
Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools!
let me get this straight ygidua

you choose to play a bad build
you choose to massively cripple your progression by going SSF
you stick with this self-imposed handicap for 2 years
then you whine on forums about necro being too weak because you aren't progressing, and demand buffs to what already is one of the best ascendancies in the entire game?

lmao
Last edited by krastin0v on Feb 27, 2018, 8:23:18 AM
I am a casual, I have work and I earn my own money, and I made over 100ex last league. What's your point? I think the game is good the way it is... If I played one build all temp league I would even reach level 100 by the end of it, but this type of grind is not something I enjoy... I know selling items and making currency is "annoying" to you, but don't expect ggg to make the game rain OP loot like there's no tomorrow, game would become boring af if this happened
"
Ygidua wrote:
"
spawnas wrote:
"
Ygidua wrote:

"Video games don't buy you a house, car or food" Tell it to the guys getting payed to play, or to streamers and youtubers, the chineese RMT farmers. The league lasts 3 months. Lets suppose you work 8 hours sleep 8 hours, spent time with your better part or doing other things for 6 hours still gives you 2 hours a day in average. 90 days x 2 hours is 180 hours of play. If you can't reach Shaper in 180 hours on a Summon Spectre Necromancer it's time to face the fact that you are not good at the game or at understanding the mechanics. I play this game for it's complex character development, endless item, gem, stat combination. If i wanted everything served on a silver platter id go play Diablo 3. And you are also more than welcome if you find the game frustrating you. Everyone has their limitations. Maybe your limitations just don't allow you to comprehend the complex mechanics of this game and you should look for a game you enjoy if not reaching a goal frustrates you. Played a Spectre summoner for the first time ever this league, started leveling it around day 15 into the league. In 70 chaos and 3 days of slow leveling, little build adopting on the side, testing and mapping I melted all 3 Elders and the Shaper. Overpowered skill overpowered asendancy.

As for SSF it's meant to be harder. It's meant to make you be able switch entire builds of 1 or 2 unique drops. It's meant to be a slow and painful grind to the top only for those who can stand it. I find trading fun and never gave SSF a try.

Like i said, don't take this the wrong way, maybe you just can't understand what goes on and what's needed to develop your character in this game. Try following a detailed guide or finding something that's fun and not frustrating for you.
"
Wuffell wrote:
"
untilspot wrote:
Can someone explain me what so good about bleed xplosions and why would anyone ever even look at them for further use?:D

The explosions on death are mostly the same.
One enemy dies and it explodes, dealing a portion of its life. If it has 20k like and it explodes dealing 10% of its max life as physical damage, it deals 2k physical ... which is then boosted by anything you have that boosts general phyiscal damage, or boosts all damage.
If the explosions are boosted by 150%, that means the 2k damage is boosted to 5k damage, so it hurts them for a quarter of their life in a radius. If your initial hit killed two of the enemies at once, then the explosions can overlap and half kill the remaining enemies.

There's a few strategies around explosions, but some of them can cause an explosion to remove the whole pack, which means map clearance is really fast :)

And you forgot the part where the level of enemies scales the explosion infinitely as higher enemies have higher life pools making the base damage of the explosion higher.
Three weeks ago i decided to start with a Scion and the waiting for the revamp is killing me !
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
Please don't redo the shitty ascendant when you actually have no use of first lab, it's just wrong design to provide strong normal lab for some and null lab for ascendant... like:
2 ascendant points :

Deadeye pick Gathering Winds: +1000 flat EV, + tailwind going up to additional 20% damage and 2000 ev. +10% proj damage +10% crit chance

Scion gain 20dex/20intel and 1 passiv point.

So please GGG, don't do that again, unless you have no shame :p

Last edited by Aesir7 on Feb 27, 2018, 9:44:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info