LOL DIABLO 3

"
"
"
Miazga wrote:
still looks better than poe with all the supporter money thrown there way

Gameplay> Graphics

Eh, you need a balance of the two. PoE balances them pretty nicely. The graphics fit the gameplay, even if they still need optimisation. PoE gameplay with D3 graphics would be weird. D3 gameplay with PoE graphics, also weird.

Ambiance, art style & concept > Graphics
Splitting hairs > contributing to a conversation
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Splitting hairs > contributing to a conversation
I'm glad you've finally embraced the shitpost.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
"
tramshed wrote:
They arent going to come back to Diablo until they figure out a way to monetize it like Hearthstone. Thats essentially what the auction house was, and why Diablo was practically abandoned after its removal.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, until recently.

Keep an eye out. PoE's biggest challenge is closer than we might think.
Hmmm Do I see something shiny? :D
"
"
Miazga wrote:
still looks better than poe with all the supporter money thrown there way

Gameplay> Graphics

D3 has good (mechanical) gameplay! It's everything else about that game that makes it awful. (Including the graphics, according to some. But I think that's far more a question of taste than its other issues.)

As for monetization, just be grateful Blizzard wasn't vacuumed up by Activision earlier.

Oh, you're playing Blackthorne? Some grenades would be really useful right about now, wouldn't they? For the next 24 hours you can buy a set of 10 for only $2.99!

Love,
Bobby Kotick
Wash your hands, Exile!
Sure no new content is bad, but there is also something to be said for too much new content, especially when old things need fixing.

I'm somewhat happier with the D3 we have now than what I think D4 is heading towards. I mean, D3 isn't amazing, but it's free. Blizzard is becoming pretty intense on monetizing everything in their other games.
"
Namcap wrote:
Sure no new content is bad, but there is also something to be said for too much new content, especially when old things need fixing.

I'm somewhat happier with the D3 we have now than what I think D4 is heading towards. I mean, D3 isn't amazing, but it's free. Blizzard is becoming pretty intense on monetizing everything in their other games.

Given how cheesy and childish the stories and atmosphere for D3 and SC2 are, how hellbent Robert Kotick is on monetizing everything as much as possible (and Michael Morhaime's unwillingness or inability to keep him in check), and the rumors that D4 will be an MMORPG, I will be seriously shocked if it isn't an unmitigated disaster of a game.

I'm sure it will sell well and/or make lots of money on microtransactions (probably including pay2win ones). But, like WoW, Candy Crush Saga, CoD, and Blactivision's other franchises, it will have no soul.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Feb 19, 2018, 9:37:28 PM
i'd probably be playing d3 still if the AH remained .... i made BANK while it was there
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

Given how cheesy and childish the stories and atmosphere for D3 and SC2 are, how hellbent Robert Kotick is on monetizing everything as much as possible (and Michael Morhaime's unwillingness or inability to keep him in check), and the rumors that D4 will be an MMORPG, I will be seriously shocked if it isn't an unmitigated disaster of a game.

I'm sure it will sell well. But, like WoW, Candy Crush Saga, CoD, and Blactivision's other franchises, it will have no soul.

10 years ago rumors were D3 was going to be an MMORPG. And it wasn't.

Blizzard has WoW, I would be extremely surprised they would canibalise themselves in an already oversaturated market and create a second MMORPG.
Last edited by Namcap on Feb 19, 2018, 9:27:08 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
10 years ago rumors were D3 was going to be an MMORPG. And it wasn't.

Blizzard has WoW, I would be extremely surprised they would canibalise themselves in an already oversaturated market and create a second MMORPG.

More than rumors; that was Blizzard North's actual plan before departing due to "creative differences." And those "differences" are exactly what you stated: fear of self-cannibalization.

Of course, you could apply that argument to any game they release with long-term appeal. If they did make it into an MMORPG, it would doubtless be the result of market research indicating that they could pull in a non-WoW segment of players and thereby make more money overall.

Whether they do or not, however, my other points still stand, as does my prediction: Due to leadership's priorities, D4 will have no soul.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info