Supporting GGG and PoE, but not necessarily Bestiary Leaguespansion

"
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
I love that GGG is still keeping their dark vibes in and wish they would go even more brutal. I absolutely miss games like Dungeon Keeper that were max to the top badass and brutal in every aspect, full of torture, gore and smacking slaves with your hand. I played these when I was fucking 10, didn't feel bothered even for a second which still remains the same. Unfortunately because of sensitive Sams, this vibe is fading out more and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-OnwGYO-wU

And they could have done all of that without doing this. I didn't take you for a fool but I'm a bit worried I may have misread you on that one. Stop missing my point just to post asinine and largely irrelevant attacks. I am not a 'sensitive Sam'. And you damn well know it. You don't play PoE for 5 years or support it as I have if you're squeamish or dislike the darkest, goriest shit to ever hit an ARPG.

"
It's another altogether to cage them and then slaughter them after very likely maltreating them...and to get significant rewards for slaughtering them. I'll kill all the demons and miscreants you throw at me, but murdering captive rhoas and crabs? No thanks.

Which part did I miss? POE is very light gore, I see it having a lot of potential in going even more gore but I can imagine then there would be another big thread how they've gone over the top with another subgenre of brutality - "Wow you can't eat a living animals heart!". I am posting in these threads to give counterpoints / ideas so people wouldn't feel like this actually is the voice of majority.
Me not playing POE for 5 years is irrelevant to the fact that discouraging such ideas is also discouraging GGGs creativity in the darker side and makes future updates more "family friendly" because no matter how much GGG likes something, in a business money comes first.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
PoE is very light gore?

...do you even play other games anymore?

I was wrong. Crap. Damn it. Oh well.

And given how many idiots posted *thinking* they were contradicting me, you're hardly doing much to prove this isn't the voice of the majority. I was in the minority from the start and knew it. You're just on the bandwagon.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 17, 2018, 5:46:25 PM
"
PoE is very light gore?

...do you even play other games anymore?

I was wrong. Crap. Damn it. Oh well.

Compared to all of the possibilities, absolutely! In my books, putting gore and PoE in one sentence is almost a sin.

Here's some comparison with

"
other games

that have HEAVY gore, including torture and everything nice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHdTFye2jY
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"

And given how many idiots posted *thinking* they were contradicting me, you're hardly doing much to prove this isn't the voice of the majority. I was in the minority from the start and knew it. You're just on the bandwagon.

I'm not here to count up all responses and then make a calculated decision on what is the majority or minority. If a thread is usually up for that long with that many responses, there has to be support to it, giving me a reason to post.
"

It's the 'not-killing' that I find out of character. The delayed killing. I keep trying to find other words for it that some of you might understand but 'cruel' is still the best one. It's one thing to be a hunter to survive or even an assassin to fill your purse or an arena fighter for the glory and the attention...and another altogether to methodically fill cages and enclosures with living things that have been proven to feel pain, that you intend to eventually kill. That takes a whole different mindset to the aforementioned murderous paths in life, and I'm still not convinced it's a mindset all of the Exile archetypes would embrace. Especially when it's exactly the sort of mindset embraced by those most corrupted by Wraeclast. Those we put down. Sometimes repeatedly.

I can (sort of) understand this from a role-playing point of view. If you're going into this game to "feel" and "play out" your character based on the lore, the "cruel act" of capturing and killing "innocent" animals might go against what some of the characters believe. But then again, it's all resting on your shoulders - and you might be driven to these sad acts of cruelty to do what has to be done.

The thing is, very few players in here care a lot about the lore. Especially when it comes to the role-playing part. Are you making different choices regarding the bandit quest based on the character you are playing? Are you going all D&D? If so; I do understand. If not, this should not be a big deal... I think...
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Torturing and killing animals is early stage psychopathic behaviour

This is to mentally prepare everyone for the cutthroat league.
Off-topic, cause it's getting on my tits:

Would the few of you idiots who 'sign' a footnote in every post you make like you're cycling memos in your larp guilds kindly consider quitting that crap?

Your profile represents you on the right to cater for this already... we can see who you are.

Peace,

-Sarge-

Spoiler
G'damn no-life larpers man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCG7CdoYAUg

Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Are OP items that look good...

See my vest, see my vest,
Made from real gorilla chest,
Feel this sweater, there's no better
Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
My evening wear - vampire bat,
These white slippers are albino
African endangered rhino.

Grizzly bear underwear,
Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
Beret of poodle, on my noodle
It shall rest.

Try my red robin suit,
It comes one breast or two,
See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a dropbear fur tuxedo
Would be best,

So let's prepare these bears,
Kill two, for matching pairs.
Oh please, won't you see my vest!
"
Michael_S wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCG7CdoYAUg

Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Are OP items that look good...

Made from real gorilla chest,
Feel this sweater, there's no better
Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
My evening wear - vampire bat,
These white slippers are albino
African endangered rhino.

Grizzly bear underwear,
Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
Beret of poodle, on my noodle
It shall rest.

Try my red robin suit,
It comes one breast or two,
See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a dropbear fur tuxedo
Would be best,

So let's prepare these bears,
Kill two, for matching pairs.
Oh please, won't you see my vest!

Lols - My only suggestion is to change the 3rd stanze to read Rhoa instead of Rhino, in keeping with the PoE theme.

Slainte,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
SudianX wrote:
"
Torturing and killing animals is early stage psychopathic behaviour

This is to mentally prepare everyone for the cutthroat league.

That shit was SO FUN in Closed Beta but I have a feeling it'd be an unmitigated disaster with the current player base.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info