Supporting GGG and PoE, but not necessarily Bestiary Leaguespansion

Well, given this may drive me to actually *stick* to some characters, yeah, maybe I will get to see what's been going on at the upper end. :)

As for the Ascendancy changes, eh, I'm not even that excited. The ones I use always work for me, and they're not even the ones considered heavily OP by the meta. So I'm more curious than anything.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Honestly i can't be on your side this time.

I mean, is it ok for you to slaughter -litteraly- innocent people in act 10 who do nothing to us, but then there's a problem for you if we use and sacrifice animals to save the world from the domination of two crazy people?

I dont get it, honestly.
Last edited by Serge91 on Feb 23, 2018, 8:37:49 AM
"
...Pretty much says it all. I like the support packs, the mtxes are about as great as ever, and I'm compulsively collecting those to this day. Less compulsive about collecting monsters to ritually sacrifice them for power or to ever face the Uber version of a monster I've never faced in its normal mode.

Everyone and their rhoa is making a Bestiary thread so here's mine. Two of the major additions to the game I've already done: I made the first Wraeclastian zoo (at ridiculous self-expense) where no animals are ever ritually sacrificed, I'm proud to say; and I was playing a 'phantasm reaper' style a while ago by mixing Cast on Melee Kill with Cleave and Summon Spectre using The Blood Reaper. Pretty inefficient but it looked amazing with Shadow Spectres.

Ascendancy rework was inevitable and frankly overdue.

Fated Uniques are more useful for non-SSF players. For me Navali's usefulness sort of starts and ends with The Jeweller's Touch.

Finally, I think GGG are implicitly siding with the 'Standard is dead' camp -- both Abyss and this league/expansion add so much power that it seems almost pointless to stay on Standard now. At least one of my guildies finally made the move and I doubt he'll look back. This is fine and well but it seems GGG are incapable of doing anything these days without hammering another nail into the Standard coffin. A pity they already used the name 'Legacy' for a throwaway league (...what a waste) because Standard really should be called 'Legacy league' with no option to make new characters there, just play migrated ones.

Anyway, of course I bought support packs. And while I do not dictate where that money goes (nor would I want to), I want to stipulate this is because I still love PoE and GGG overall. Bestiary might surprise me, but the very base premise of it rubs me the wrong way. It's one thing to hunt monsters in the wild. It's another altogether to cage them and then slaughter them after very likely maltreating them...and to get significant rewards for slaughtering them. I'll kill all the demons and miscreants you throw at me, but murdering captive rhoas and crabs? No thanks.

Beast league cant b tat bad.

U gotta give it a chance.

Besides chris did pretty quick n gd control dmg on reddit after some redditors chaos happen there today lol
34pre98qua
I don't understand that last sentence, sorry. :(

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

Besides, Chris did pretty quick and good damage control on Reddit after some Redditors posted. Chaos happened there today!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTPaDbt_USA
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
So my issue witht these new leagues always has been 1.

They render everything useless.

Why not ADD this new content to the standard league and have ppl make new characters there?
The entire ''grind'' that you have to do with each new league JUST to even reach endgame is just too much.

I know POE is a game for no-lifers aka hardcore gamers but recently its been going a bit too much overboard I think.
"

Hey man

Sry for the confusion.

My last sentence is abit off topic.

I m refering to chris dmg ctrl after the redditors outcry

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7zm097/development_manifesto_a_quick_note_about_nets/
34pre98qua
"

Bestiary had potential as a concept. A lot of potential. I just think how it's being done was not as well thought-out as it could have been, in terms of being true and sincere to the setting and the evolution of Wraeclast as a game world epitomising the idea that those who don't eat are eaten; those who don't kill get killed. The stronger the foe, the greater the reward. This has always seemed a fairly concrete concept not just in POE but in most (A)RPGs, to the point where a lot of DMs and GMs will often make player-characters' lives difficult if they try to metagame to get rich/farm xp outside of campaigns and adventures that drive this core message home. And while some captured beasts might be super powerful, there's no way they'd be as powerful in a cage or a pit as they would be in their natural environs**. In this way, Bestiary contradicts some pretty core ideas of PoE. I think gleaning knowledge from captured enemies is an excellent concept, and within Wraeclast that might be a pretty grisly process (give or take Chinese censorship, lol -- oh, the irony). But what is there to gain from fighting them after keeping them locked up? I think that's where Bestiary falls down. The sacrifice struck me as out of character, but even beyond that, this petty pit-fighting gimmick is...cheap.

And I also think GGG know the vast majority of their playerbase don't think about this stuff at all. I also know at least one dev was suspecting *someone* would call them out on this dubious addition to Wraeclast, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had me on a hypothetical short list. I DO think about this stuff, openly a lot of the time. And if I didn't think GGG were typically VERY good at adding to Wraeclast and to the Exile's overall experience, I wouldn't be here doing this.

They can do far better than what Bestiary offers, and I'm happy to call them out on that.

I'm just jumping the gun here for when most of you realise how boring and tedious Bestiary will be in practice. You're all used to the speed and efficiency of killing hordes of enemies instantly. What makes you think delaying that in any way is going to be any fun?

To paraphrase Vilenta, don't say I didn't tell you so.

I feel pretty bad for GGG that this obviously high-effort leaguespansion has blown up in their faces (needing a poll for a crucial post-release change...really?), but the writing was all over the walls.

Ironically had they gone with 'kill special beasts, capture their corpses, raise them, fight them and use their bits to craft shit' as the league premise I'd have been all for it. That sounds much more in-line with the Wraeclast I've known and loved for the past 6 years than this poorly conceived mess.

Anyway, back to Wolcenframe. :)

This league feels like being designed by MMO dev vs ARPG Dev.

Game have sadly become a MMO than ARPG.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Mar 4, 2018, 10:40:36 PM
OP, while I do understand your intention and worries, I think you are taking it a little too far here.

PoE is still a hack&slay game. You seem to be totally fine with setting animals on fire, freezing or electrocuting them, exploding them and killing their babies to enrage them (aka breaking rhoa eggs).

You see what I mean?
Don´t take this serious, its a fantasy game in a fantasy world with fantasy creatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info