[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
mkdnpna wrote:
"

With 28 unreserved mana you can't take in consideration SR damage, because of the channeling of SR cost 42 mana.
If you want to be able to channel SR, you must have ~50 unreserved mana.

Well, then back to Enlighten_4 with Clarity_20
But I don't quite get it. In my PoB it shows 13 mana per cast with cast rate 2.89. That's probably a bug as SR lvl 20 alone eats 11 mana per cast.

Anyways, new tree https://pastebin.com/aRCA0QgV

No change in combined dps comparing to the last one tree
6009 hp/sec, 19838 ES, 53721 Armour

Hehe, i see what you did there with 5% increased damage corruptions on Healthy Mind jewels. Do not drop immune to corrupted blood for 5% damage just to have an edge in numbers its a major drawback to not have immunity against corrupted blood.

I greatly appreciate your contributions to the build. However i think one part where you can improve on is your net regen %. You are willing to drop lots of net regen per second just for a few more ES in my opinion its not worth it. Your last post inspired me to pump some more net regen into the build while staying on 19k ES.

https://pastebin.com/WkvBsRwR

Basically same damage if you adjust the jewels to not be corrupted with 5% damage a drop in 800 ES for 420 net regen. I prefer the regen.

Its true that the gap in net regen doesnt look as big when all flasks + conscecrated ground is active this is due to the scaling of regen with max energy shield. During boss fights like uber elder (where regen matters the most) we dont have flasks up all the time therefore a tick in got hit recently is realistic to compare net regen values without flasks or consecrated ground.

I absolutley can understand the criticism to "everything ticked on is bullshit" because there is truth in it. Still for presenting the build in the build section it can be neccessary to compare numbers with maximum stats as everyone else is putting his build under the spotlight with this.
"
zzang wrote:
Hehe, i see what you did there with 5% increased damage corruptions on Healthy Mind jewels. Do not drop immune to corrupted blood for 5% damage just to have an edge in numbers its a major drawback to not have immunity against corrupted blood.

I greatly appreciate your contributions to the build. However i think one part where you can improve on is your net regen %. You are willing to drop lots of net regen per second just for a few more ES in my opinion its not worth it. Your last post inspired me to pump some more net regen into the build while staying on 19k ES.

https://pastebin.com/WkvBsRwR

Basically same damage if you adjust the jewels to not be corrupted with 5% damage a drop in 800 ES for 420 net regen. I prefer the regen.

Its true that the gap in net regen doesnt look as big when all flasks + conscecrated ground is active this is due to the scaling of regen with max energy shield. During boss fights like uber elder (where regen matters the most) we dont have flasks up all the time therefore a tick in got hit recently is realistic to compare net regen values without flasks or consecrated ground.

I absolutley can understand the criticism to "everything ticked on is bullshit" because there is truth in it. Still for presenting the build in the build section it can be neccessary to compare numbers with maximum stats as everyone else is putting his build under the spotlight with this.

Here you point accuratly the problem that I had in mind when I was talking about this "bullshit trend" of ticking every option in PoB.

In reality I'm fully aware about this, why you did this. I explained many time this situation in this topic to people who were struggling sustaining RF.
And regen is exactly where this trend start to fuck up every thing when we start a technical discussion for this build.

Our regen skyrocket litteraly when we checkmark flasks and consercrated ground option. Basicaly we almost multiply it by 3.
So as you point here, when all those temp buff are ticked, it hide the real weight of any change for our Net life regen.
The most common issue is with newbie, that end up with a net life regen which is only positive because of those buffs.
Here, it hide the true weight of any buff.

Btw, on this balance of max ES and net life regen I will put it in different terme.
From my experience, you should not looks raw number. We should think about the regen topic in terme of ratio : Max ES / Net life regen.
And to make it clear :

- Net life regen = 5% max ES pool -> You reach the point of the smooth viability of the build ;
- Net life regen = 5-10% max ES pool -> The build start to show his true potential in terme of survivability ;
- Net life regen = 10-20% max ES pool -> You reach the top tier tanky build ;
- Net life regen = ~25% max ES pool -> You may be able to do Uber Elder AFK.

What is important here, is not how much flat Net life regen we have. It's how % this represent in regard of our max ES pool. How fast we will be able to fully heal ourself.
So imo, the best solution will be most of the time the one with the higher ratio of net life regen.

This is why Jugger life RF are still so solide option while they have lower dps, lower life pool than Guardian LL RF. It's still top tier RF build because their ratio between net life regen and max life pool is completly stupide, like their net life regen can be easily 40% of their max life.
Hate to do that when ask the same question, if there was, because this website don't have an inner search to look for.

So I want to know what is updated information about whether Quest for the Bandit for Oak or kill all for two points for the "Updated 3.6" in your main section. Does the currently build needs only 2 points or just Oak's Favor for life regeneration?
"
zzang wrote:
However i think one part where you can improve on is your net regen %. You are willing to drop lots of net regen per second just for a few more ES in my opinion its not worth it.

Yeah I usually try to maximize overall defences while keeping an okay amount of regen.
Since PoB doesn't consider Time of Need as healing I have to keep that in mind. With extra 1000 ES it means 30% ES heal every 5 seconds which means something like +60 hp/sec extra regen on top of what's displayed in PoB. So (speaking of current builds) I tend to pick builds that have 1000 more ES over +60 hp/sec more regen while theorycrafting.

"

From my experience, you should not looks raw number. We should think about the regen topic in terme of ratio : Max ES / Net life regen.
What is important here, is not how much flat Net life regen we have. It's how % this represent in regard of our max ES pool. How fast we will be able to fully heal ourself.

One can even go further and suggest something like "How much effective hit points we can heal each second versus a certain damage type".
Like having 20K ES with 80% cold res means we can take up to 100k cold damage per single hit.
And with +1000 hp/sec regen it means we can take up to 5000 cold dps without degen.
Best thing is that maximizing EHP/sec in our case will require solid ES pool, good ele resists, good amount of armor or evasion and good amount of % regen (as it converts to net regen). So it's like "wrapping" our 3 defensive build parameters into one with the idea "the more the better". Also it will allow comparisons like "is having 82/82/83 el resists with 17k ES better than 81/81/81 resists with 18k ES or not"
"
Dragon360 wrote:
Hate to do that when ask the same question, if there was, because this website don't have an inner search to look for.

So I want to know what is updated information about whether Quest for the Bandit for Oak or kill all for two points for the "Updated 3.6" in your main section. Does the currently build needs only 2 points or just Oak's Favor for life regeneration?

It depends on your tree. The 2 are good choice. But with some trees, like the one I play, +2 skill points are better.
With zzang tree, Oak's reward is good too. There is no absolute answer, each choice have their pro and cons.

For leveling, Oak's is generaly prefered because it provide free regen and help a lot to makes the build working in term of sustaining RF degen.
But once you are correctly stuffed, +2 skill points start to be an option as solide as Oak's reward.

"
mkdnpna wrote:
Best thing is that maximizing EHP/sec in our case will require solid ES pool, good ele resists, good amount of armor or evasion and good amount of % regen (as it converts to net regen). So it's like "wrapping" our 3 defensive build parameters into one with the idea "the more the better". Also it will allow comparisons like "is having 82/82/83 el resists with 17k ES better than 81/81/81 resists with 18k ES or not"

Yeah this is the point. But it's the next point of the reflexion.
It's more considering old pastebin provided by zzang when he started the topic. He had something like 350 raw net regen with like 17k ES and reached 2-2.5k+ with full buff. And we had a lot of peoples that came and asking why they can't sustain RF degen.
The first thing is, as I explained it : to balance the ratio between max ES and Net life regen.
When you done this and start to understand the build, then your reflection on EHP will be clearly relevant. But not without what I siad before.
"
mkdnpna wrote:

Yeah I usually try to maximize overall defences while keeping an okay amount of regen.
Since PoB doesn't consider Time of Need as healing I have to keep that in mind. With extra 1000 ES it means 30% ES heal every 5 seconds which means something like +60 hp/sec extra regen on top of what's displayed in PoB. So (speaking of current builds) I tend to pick builds that have 1000 more ES over +60 hp/sec more regen while theorycrafting.

The problem is Time of Need is another temporary buff that lasts for 1 second. I give you that statistically it flattens out over longer period of cosistent damage taken but for sudden bursts you might hit the gap of 420 net regen speaking just from a pragmatic standpoint of actually playing the build. I still prefer the regen over 800 ES but thats me. I guess when it comes to the details there is no 100% right or wrong. Same is true for dropping determination for malevolence. If you hit enough net regen you can tank afk uber elder with just regen and 0 armour for example.

As i said before i greatly appreciate your contributions they gave me quite some thoughts and ideas. Keep on the great work!
Last edited by zzang on May 29, 2019, 1:53:31 AM
Hi @all,

im would like to play and understand this build.

I dont have big troubles leveling up my char but im kinda confused
by the 169 pages of this topic.

is there any PathOfBuilding Pastebin link aktiv of the "base" version of this build? i should have enough currency to get mandatory items im just missing a recommended final or base version (lvl90-95) of this build.

thx :)
"
Venetostar wrote:
Hi @all,

im would like to play and understand this build.

I dont have big troubles leveling up my char but im kinda confused
by the 169 pages of this topic.

is there any PathOfBuilding Pastebin link aktiv of the "base" version of this build? i should have enough currency to get mandatory items im just missing a recommended final or base version (lvl90-95) of this build.

thx :)

In the 3.6 update section you can find the current PoB. Adjust the gear and skill tree according to what you have. For league build you can replace belt with shaper heavy belt and a ring with another high rolled str/int/mana ring.
thx alot sir zzang
sry one more question

somehow i cant fit in last aura(nr.7)
i bought a lvl4 enlighten gem but still dosent work.

-using current PoB 3.6 update
-my acc is public

any suggestions?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info