BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
Eko13 wrote:
On other RF threads poeple use a shaper sceptre with lvl 15+ elemental focus + elemental damage on it selfcrafted with multimod bloodmagic (dot + fire damage)...on POB its like 40% increased dps...INSANE...but not cheap i agree.

Poeple ask if we can use something else than the inferno helm...but it's like 20+% of physical damage reduction by himself...and the build isn't tanky anough even with it...other RF builds have 90% physical mitigation...

The only thing i can think of is to replace that shield because we also lose 2 jewels slots for it...

Keep the shield or replace both shield and boots.
Shield plus jewels giving us onslaught which is the only movement hope with fcing kaoms
I'm really tempted to try this build out BUT. . .

"
Eko13 wrote:

Poeple ask if we can use something else than the inferno helm...but it's like 20+% of physical damage reduction by himself...and the build isn't tanky anough even with it...other RF builds have 90% physical mitigation...

Posts like this make me really think and worry if this is the build I'm looking for end game bossing.

Some of the posts also suggest that it is hard(?) to reach the similar level of dps that is on the POB build posted in OP.

Also god damn Eko13 your chest is juicy! How much did it cost or did you find it yourself?

"
XAILOL wrote:
I'm really tempted to try this build out BUT. . .

"
Eko13 wrote:

Posts like this make me really think and worry if this is the build I'm looking for end game bossing.

Some of the posts also suggest that it is hard(?) to reach the similar level of dps that is on the POB build posted in OP.

Also god damn Eko13 your chest is juicy! How much did it cost or did you find it yourself?

Well i bought it early in league so it was cheap compared to actual prices (50c) ...but it was painful to 6L it, around 5ex ^^

And for your previous question, ye i highly doubt about this build for end-game...my gears doesn't suck at all and i'm doing 0 dmg past T12 maps...and my survivability isnt great either.

the only thing good with this build is that its a great lab runner...if you deactivate RF you can stay in traps and never die :D
Last edited by Eko13 on Dec 19, 2018, 1:00:45 PM
Does the ruby flask still help after the changes? I am unsure how to read the new wording on it.
Hey, i'm currently using your build and just got to 70. I've just been to sustain RF but i'm a bit confused on the skill gems listed. I can only manage RF with 2x purity, but that means i cant use herald of ash. are you able to run 3 auras and still have mana to use totems, etc etc??
"
mhaar345 wrote:
Does the ruby flask still help after the changes? I am unsure how to read the new wording on it.

Yes it does
"
dpham99 wrote:
Hey, i'm currently using your build and just got to 70. I've just been to sustain RF but i'm a bit confused on the skill gems listed. I can only manage RF with 2x purity, but that means i cant use herald of ash. are you able to run 3 auras and still have mana to use totems, etc etc??

you dont need to run RF at lvl 70, the damage currently should be neough. only sue rf until around 80+ when you can sustain, have enoug gear and resists. You also need the ring I mentioned in my previous posts
There are my thoughts after 3 HC leagues of playing this build at start of the league:

1) not fast leveling but reliable and safe since its totem build (lvl with arc till 60 and balefire)

2) really cheap to start cause you only need about 4-5 chaoses at the beginning of the league to buy balefire and then you are able to go further

3) good res and quite safe against ele enemies

4) shitty phys defence without huge investment, at the beginning you have only lightning coil

5) bad for maps because u cant safely use RF to charge into mobs cause they are mostly phys damaging. Also to sustain RF at the beginning you have to take regen nodes in priority before all health/damage nodes. So at start u have only SR

6) SR is slow in case of killing mobs and when you charge+place totems mobs dont die instantly, but start to hit you (thats hurt)

7) definitely the one of the cheapest but not the fastest uberlab farmer cause of lot of regen and cause you dont need even 5link, only balefire and hrimnors helm

8) since low phys defence sometimes mobs into lab can hit you really hard (especially in burning rooms where are a lot of skellies and you cannot just charge through because of layout)

9) you cant use leapslam because of low AS, shield charge plus flame dash are better

10) izaro with sword is really dangerous. yesterday i died from his fcing wave (?) which stacked with some damage from trap. Without trap his damage is about 6.4k with lightning coil without basalt, i died at ~6.7k hp.
Before i successfully finished about 30-50 uberlabs in ~15-17 mins each.

Conclusion: each new league i think that i definitely will not take this build again but nevertheless take it again because of really cheap start and easy passing of trials for uberlab. After ~85 lvl im changing my character and using this build for "lab days".
For farming maps or bosses u can find a lot of builds which are safer/faster.
Some_day, thank you for the build!
As a suggestion, the complete update of the main post and deleting old trash information is really needed.
Last edited by xxxenforcerxxx on Dec 20, 2018, 3:40:40 AM
"
There are my thoughts after 3 HC leagues of playing this build at start of the league:

1) not fast leveling but reliable and safe since its totem build (lvl with arc till 60 and balefire)

2) really cheap to start cause you only need about 4-5 chaoses at the beginning of the league to buy balefire and then you are able to go further

4) shitty phys defence without huge investment, at the beginning you have only lightning coil

5) bad for maps because u cant safely use RF to charge into mobs cause they are mostly phys damaging. Also to sustain RF at the beginning you have to take regen nodes in priority before all health/damage nodes. So at start u have only SR

6) SR is slow in case of killing mobs and when you charge+place totems mobs dont die instantly, but start to hit you (thats hurt)

7) definitely the one of the cheapest but not the fastest uberlab farmer cause of lot of regen and cause you dont need even 5link, only balefire and hrimnors helm

8) since low phys defence sometimes mobs into lab can hit you really hard (especially in burning rooms where are a lot of skellies and you cannot just charge through because of layout)

9) you cant use leapslam because of low AS, shield charge plus flame dash are better

10) izaro with sword is really dangerous. yesterday i died from his fcing wave (?) which stacked with some damage from trap. Without trap his damage is about 6.4k with lightning coil without basalt, i died at ~6.7k hp.

Conclusion: each new league i think that i definitely will not take this build again but nevertheless take it again because of really cheap start and easy passing of trials for uberlab. After ~85 lvl im changing my character and using this build for "lab days".
As a suggestion, the complete update of the main post and deleting old trash information is really needed.

If you like totems and cheap, I can recommend this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960538

Really tanky and Uber Lab is a joke ;)
"
All4n wrote:
"

If you like totems and cheap, I can recommend this one:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1960538

Really tanky and Uber Lab is a joke ;)

Hah lol, im currently thinking about this build but its much expensive than this one...
Do you know does the taunt from ascendancy still work on totems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info