BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
kazafz wrote:

Also, in the Kaom's Heart variant, what gem group should I drop?

I don´t understand that question...
If you mean to say what gem group you should leave away, this is obvious since instead of a chest with (six linked) sockets to support Scorching Ray as your main skill you are using Kaoms Heart you transfer your Scorching Ray to the Sceptre.

By the way I am currently on lvl 75 and took all the nodes that provide life regeneration but still RF (slowly but constantly) sucks me dry... I am still missing 1% max resist from PoF since the gem is not at max level, but I wonder if I left away something essential here...?
"
Assaturij wrote:
"
kazafz wrote:

Also, in the Kaom's Heart variant, what gem group should I drop?

I don´t understand that question...
If you mean to say what gem group you should leave away, this is obvious since instead of a chest with (six linked) sockets to support Scorching Ray as your main skill you are using Kaoms Heart you transfer your Scorching Ray to the Sceptre.

Hi, thanks for the response. Apologies for the confusion. Let me rephrase my questions into 3 parts.

1. In my initial post, I did mention I have moved my gems to support Scorching Ray into my sceptre and my initial question was to understand what the best 2 gems I should be using in the Balefire sceptre.

I currently have: Spell Totem/Efficacy/Burning Damage Support.

Is this the best combination for the highest Scorching Ray DPS? - assuming 20/20 on all gems.

2. Secondly, I wanted to understand whether it makes sense for me to drop righteous fire from this build as I am now using Kaom's Heart.

My current gem groups are as follow:
- Helmet: Shield Charge/Fortify/Faster Attack/Summon Stone Golem
- Boots: Enlighten/Purity of Fire/Purity of Ice/Purity of Lightning
- Gloves: Orb of Storms/Arcane Surge Support/Increased Crit Strikes Support/Vaal Lightning Trap

3. Lastly, given I have replaced righteous fire with the Orb of Storms setup, what's the ideal gem group for Orb of Storms since I am now using it as a 4-link? I am thinking of Vaal Lightning Trap.
- Orb of Storms
- Arcane Surge Support
- Increased Crit Strikes Support
- Vaal Lightning Trap

Thanks!
Last edited by kazafz on Apr 28, 2018, 5:25:13 PM
"
kazafz wrote:

Hi, thanks for the response. Apologies for the confusion. Let me rephrase my questions into 3 parts.

1. In my initial post, I did mention I have moved my gems to support Scorching Ray into my sceptre and my initial question was to understand what the best 2 gems I should be using in the Balefire sceptre.

I currently have: Spell Totem/Efficacy/Burning Damage Support.

Is this the best combination for the highest Scorching Ray DPS? - assuming 20/20 on all gems.

2. Secondly, I wanted to understand whether it makes sense for me to drop righteous fire from this build as I am now using Kaom's Heart.

My current gem groups are as follow:
- Helmet: Shield Charge/Fortify/Faster Attack/Summon Stone Golem
- Boots: Enlighten/Purity of Fire/Purity of Ice/Purity of Lightning
- Gloves: Orb of Storms/Arcane Surge Support/Increased Crit Strikes Support/Vaal Lightning Trap

3. Lastly, given I have replaced righteous fire with the Orb of Storms setup, what's the ideal gem group for Orb of Storms since I am now using it as a 4-link? I am thinking of Vaal Lightning Trap.
- Orb of Storms
- Arcane Surge Support
- Increased Crit Strikes Support
- Vaal Lightning Trap

Thanks!

Okay, gotcha. Intuitively I would use Elemental Focus instead of Burning Damage or Efficiacy. But there is so math behind it...

What are you using in your shield sockets? If you use Orb of Storms on a 3-link supported by Arcane Surge and Increased Critical Strikes it is totally sufficient. You could even use Vaal Lightning Trap instead of Increased Critical Strike support.

By the way I have to say that ATM (!) the build isn´t tanky at all. I am not on a high char level and missing a lot of life but still I wonder where the success is hiding. I can still barely keep up Life while running RF with regeneration only and receive quite strong physical hits while charging into mobs.
Scorching Ray Totems do a great job though. I am thinking about leavin RF away, wonder if it will then still be endgame viable.

Another question I have is if I could swap Purity of Lightning with the Vitality aura... this could bring a lot more life regeneration...

Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Last edited by Assaturij on Apr 29, 2018, 2:44:08 PM
"
Assaturij wrote:

Okay, gotcha. Intuitively I would use Elemental Focus instead of Burning Damage or Efficiacy. But there is so math behind it...

What are you using in your shield sockets? If you use Orb of Storms on a 3-link supported by Arcane Surge and Increased Critical Strikes it is totally sufficient. You could even use Vaal Lightning Trap instead of Increased Critical Strike support.

Hi, I'm currently using Immortal Call-CWDT-Incr Duration in my Shield set up - I feel tankier with Immortal Call equipped.

I've also dropped my Orb of Storms set up and replaced it with Righteous Fire again. I was able to do this and still proc Elemental Equilibrium with my shield charge because I have a ring that deals some lightning damage to attack.

Cheers
Good!

I just keep asking myself: there is no life leech and no significant life regenration (with RF on). How can this build be tanky at all? I need to pop Life flasks anytime I Shield Charge a mob and I really don´t like perma-flasking. :(
"
Assaturij wrote:
Good!

I just keep asking myself: there is no life leech and no significant life regenration (with RF on). How can this build be tanky at all? I need to pop Life flasks anytime I Shield Charge a mob and I really don´t like perma-flasking. :(

I know what you mean. Thing is, the DPS uptime with this build is very good given that our totems just keep constantly doing the damage and we can just run around and dodge mechanics.
"
Assaturij wrote:
Good!

Ruby flask isn't hard to keep perma on at all. Flask usage is a mandatory part of any game play in this game
Hi do you think you gonna upgrade this build for 3.3 with the new talent changes to fire and ignite and the new combustion support gem
"
Reidak7 wrote:
Hi do you think you gonna upgrade this build for 3.3 with the new talent changes to fire and ignite and the new combustion support gem

I wont't be playing the new league, maybe someone could put an update and I'll add the changes to the guide
Hello and first of all, thx for the build ! very fun to play, I heading towards lvl 92 in flashback atm :)

I also have a question: how can i see my dps with doon cuebiyari scepter ? all i can see is this:

Makes it difficult to compare to other scepter, which leads me to my second question:
Which of those two you would say is the best ? :

Thought I could craft some casting speed on the second one (9-11 %)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info